Denver just got decidedly better!

19 hours ago, dhitter said:

Yep. A broken down Montana with a bunch of scrubs (other than Marcus Allen) and a solid defense just about pulled it off. Pedigree matters apparently.🤔

You guys knew those teams better than I did, but I thought the interior OLine was pretty good. Szott, Grunhard, and Shields, I remember announcers calling out their names when discussing the Chiefs. Agree about the skill players on offense.

A 33 year old declining QB going to Denver hardly scares me.  Chargers getting edge rushers like Mack is a much bigger deal in this division.  Denver can duke it out with the Raiders for 3rd place, because the Chiefs and Chargers are top to bottom better teams than both, especially at QB.  

3 minutes ago, moons314 said:

A 33 year old declining QB going to Denver hardly scares me.  Chargers getting edge rushers like Mack is a much bigger deal in this division.  Denver can duke it out with the Raiders for 3rd place, because the Chiefs and Chargers are top to bottom better teams than both, especially at QB.  

Mack and Bosa gonna be a nightmare.   

11 hours ago, jetlord said:

The only way to get an elite QB is to have a terrible season combined with "can't miss" QBs i the following draft  KC wasn't in that position for 40+ years and the Doks are in the same category.  Even then, there's no guarantee.  Just ask the Bears with Trubisky or the NY teams.  So Denver did the right thing IMHO.  The down side is if they don't win in the next few years, they've given up enough draft capital to set themselves up for worse shape than now.  With Mahomes and Herbert in the same division, the Donks are walking a thin line. 

I think it's a matter of trying to be competitive hoping that it sticks. If they hit the jackpot with some late picks they could still be in a good situation but that's a very rare case in the NFL and even tougher with the QBs you mentioned in the same division. However it's basically the Broncos way of trying to keep up.

If they made this move before Wilson's previous contract when he was again discontent with a bunch of things it would be a great trade but after some point it's a big risk. I think they are trying to replicate what Manning did but they got way too many discounts from FAs all over the place just to play with him, I doubt they have that option now.

16 hours ago, sith13 said:

I think it's a matter of trying to be competitive hoping that it sticks. If they hit the jackpot with some late picks they could still be in a good situation but that's a very rare case in the NFL and even tougher with the QBs you mentioned in the same division. However it's basically the Broncos way of trying to keep up.

If they made this move before Wilson's previous contract when he was again discontent with a bunch of things it would be a great trade but after some point it's a big risk. I think they are trying to replicate what Manning did but they got way too many discounts from FAs all over the place just to play with him, I doubt they have that option now.

There's also the factor of dressing up the Donks getting them ready to sell.  Create a winning team with an excited fan base. 

On 3/10/2022 at 4:30 PM, Lamardirts said:

Mack and Bosa gonna be a nightmare.   

Not if we solidify the right side.  Yeah, they will be a dynamic pair, but Mack isn't going to successfully bullrush Brown on our left side, and I don't know that he has the speed to just burn the corner on him.  Maybe I'm in the minority, but it just doesn't scare me.  I'm more worried about our passrush than the rush front of our division foes. 

16 hours ago, moons314 said:

Not if we solidify the right side.  Yeah, they will be a dynamic pair, but Mack isn't going to successfully bullrush Brown on our left side, and I don't know that he has the speed to just burn the corner on him.  Maybe I'm in the minority, but it just doesn't scare me.  I'm more worried about our passrush than the rush front of our division foes. 

All depends on if Niang is back 100% and/or who backs him up.