I think the move is great.  I think I read that he'd be something like a 14 million dollar player for two years minimum.  This might be the beginning thoughts of life without Kelce as well, and after two years it might be pretty easy to replace Kelce money with DK money

I know people have cap concerns, but I think this year is the beginning of a trend.  My gut tells me that the cap will be going up 22-30 mill a year for the next 3-4 years with the TV deal and all.  The Chiefs may be taking a bit of a risk by banking on this to get another ring or two, and I'm all for it.

And if you all didn't know, the guy that's reporting this is the guy that broke the Tyreek Hill extension, so he may have some legit insider info out there...

16 minutes ago, DieHard said:

No to a one year rental for a first round pick. 

No to a starting Pro Bowl LT for a #2 WR.

We are desperate for pass rushers and safeties. 

Yep.  We need the defense to make a couple of more stops a game and we are golden with what we have.  Sign a lower level FA WR and draft one on day 2.  Should be enough.

2 hours ago, Holmes4six! said:

What about Evan engram TE from giants. 
his is small for a TE but maybe utilized as a WR or both for that matter. 
throwing it out there. 
looking forward to a healthy forston. 

There are several respectable tight ends we can target to upgrade our receiving if the WR market flops

10 hours ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Im thinking orlando brown jr for dk straight up and give him 15 mil a year instead of giving 20 to brown, call me crazy.

use pick 30 to draft a LT or worse case scenario plug thuney in at LT and make it work

you REALLY dislike Brown

10 hours ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Im thinking orlando brown jr for dk straight up and give him 15 mil a year instead of giving 20 to brown, call me crazy.

use pick 30 to draft a LT or worse case scenario plug thuney in at LT and make it work

Okay.

Joking aside I think a decent LT is much more valuable than any non-HOF WR. I would much rather roll with a questionable WR with Brown at LT as opposed to creating a new hole on a line that has finally played well after way too many terrible seasons. 

11 hours ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

I don't hate the idea but I'd have to wait till draft night and our pick at #30 to see what OT is still on the board before I pulled the trigger.  Can't pay everyone and IF a stud slips to #30 it could save a ton of cap versus paying Brown $21+M but the odds are pretty slim that a tackle like that is sitting there for Veach to draft.  Plus we need a RT too haha

40 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Dude he had 715 pass blocking snaps last year. You know how many sacks he gave up?...FOUR. While being a top 3 run blocking tackle in the entire league.

Enough with this crap. The dude is good and he's going to be here for the long haul. I'm sorry but on this one you are flat wrong. Hard stop.

the only reason it was only 4 sacks if because mahomes is god tier at evading and we all know it.

colts are letting eric fisher hit free agency guys... do we pay the 15th best LT 20 mil a year of the 19th best 7 mil a year. something to consider

obviously in an ideal world we need stud LT, RT, safeties, 3 D lineman, and #2 WR. can't have it all. where do we spend the money. i know its nice to act like we just retain everyone we have AND sign 5 new players but it doesn't work that way people

8 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

the only reason it was only 4 sacks if because mahomes is god tier at evading and we all know it.

colts are letting eric fisher hit free agency guys... do we pay the 15th best LT 20 mil a year of the 19th best 7 mil a year. something to consider

obviously in an ideal world we need stud LT, RT, safeties, 3 D lineman, and #2 WR. can't have it all. where do we spend the money. i know its nice to act like we just retain everyone we have AND sign 5 new players but it doesn't work that way people

you bring this up everytime to try to validate your POV...nobody else here shares your views so stop with this crap. if fisher had not been injured or at least average then he would still be here in KC. the fact that the colts are letting him go to FA totally weakens your argument.

1 hour ago, KC Warpaint said:

you bring this up everytime to try to validate your POV...nobody else here shares your views so stop with this crap. if fisher had not been injured or at least average then he would still be here in KC. the fact that the colts are letting him go to FA totally weakens your argument.

I'd take Fisher back here as a RT...

45 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Two years ago, Balto couldn't wait to dump Fisher.  Now McBasketball can't find enough ways to get rid of Brown.  What is it about LTs that causes this? 

I wanted Fisher to be traded the year before he went down and got cut...Seems I was correct

guys im not saying fisher specifically. my point is more general. To me, Stud WR making 15-20 mil a year plus below average LT making 8 is a better use of cap dollars than decent LT making 15-20 and average WR making 8. thats my only point, you can insert whatever names into those scenerios you want.

likewise on defense i want the D line to be making 50 mil and the secondary 20, rather than D line sucking and paying secodary 50 mil.

interesting to see what the chiefs do and how time proves who was correct. fun off season for sure!

1 hour ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

guys im not saying fisher specifically. my point is more general. To me, Stud WR making 15-20 mil a year plus below average LT making 8 is a better use of cap dollars than decent LT making 15-20 and average WR making 8. thats my only point, you can insert whatever names into those scenerios you want.

likewise on defense i want the D line to be making 50 mil and the secondary 20, rather than D line sucking and paying secodary 50 mil.

interesting to see what the chiefs do and how time proves who was correct. fun off season for sure!

Unless that below average LT makes a few mistakes that gets the franchise QB injured. Rather protect our QB than having below average line like we did in the SB. We all saw how that worked out.

18 hours ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Yeah let's sign our QB to a half a biliion dollar contract, then trade our Pro Bowl LT for a #2 WR. Sounds like a plan. A bad one but a plan nonetheless