2 hours ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Just because all the talking heads “know” you have to sign the LT you traded for instead of using the money elsewhere, for instance d line, doesn’t make them right. Time well tell what the chiefs so with brown and how it works out. I for one and hoping he plays on franchise tag this season and it sorts itself out, rather than committing 70 million dollars before we have to

Did Brown hit on your wife or something? 

9 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Hah, No brown didn’t do anything, with the current group of left tackles in the left tackles in the nfl i would be against giving out 5 year 110 million dollar deal to anyone not named trent williams

talent in nfl is loaded at WR, QB, and D line these days

what? 

&

you do realize Williams will be 34 in a couple of months? Lunacy

12 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

what? 

&

you do realize Williams will be 34 in a couple of months? Lunacy

I meant he is the only OT that is noticeably a higher talent than the rest of the league, the only true franchise LT that never needs help from a back or tight end. But yes in this specific case he is too old to commit to age 39.

different eras in the nfl had multiple trent williams type talent. For instance the orlarndo pace, jonathon ogden, willy roaf era, etc.

i see Trent Williams as elite tier, then like 20 tackles that are essentially the same guy, and then 40 more that are below average / bad

1 hour ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

I meant he is the only OT that is noticeably a higher talent than the rest of the league, the only true franchise LT that never needs help from a back or tight end. But yes in this specific case he is too old to commit to age 39.

different eras in the nfl had multiple trent williams type talent. For instance the orlarndo pace, jonathon ogden, willy roaf era, etc.

i see Trent Williams as elite tier, then like 20 tackles that are essentially the same guy, and then 40 more that are below average / bad

I don't disagree that Williams is the best and should be paid accordingly. I would be against retaining Brown for that much money but I doubt even Brown's people are expecting such a deal for him. It should be a reasonable amount making him something like top 5-7 LT at the time of signing. 

3 hours ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Well since there isn't very many elite tackles in the league then it's all the more reason to hang on to a good one like Brown when you have one, and the only other option you can come up with is an over the hill Villenueva, who just retired.

This may be news to you but getting a third option receiver is easier to get than a quality LT. Veach and Reid believe Brown is one, that's why they gave up valuable draft capital to get him. They forgot more about the subject than you.

When you dig yourself into a hole the best thing to do is stop digging.

Put the shovel down, you're making yourself look ridiculous.

16 minutes ago, THEWIZARD said:

Well since there isn't very many elite tackles in the league then it's all the more reason to hang on to a good one like Brown when you have one, and the only other option you can come up with is an over the hill Villenueva, who just retired.

This may be news to you but getting a third option receiver is easier to get than a quality LT. Veach and Reid believe Brown is one, that's why they gave up valuable draft capital to get him. They forgot more about the subject than you.

When you dig yourself into a hole the best thing to do is stop digging.

Put the shovel down, you're making yourself look ridiculous.

What you are saying is correct, but fact is, if its easy to find a #3 receiving option why have we been running out pringle, robinson, and hardman. If yiu haven’t noticed good teams double tyreek, put their best defender on kelce, and our offense stalls.

i would love to retain brown for a contract similar to his skill, no one is disputing that. Its just im the only one who is scared the chiefs are going to make him the highest payed LT in the league. If they give him the 10-12 mil a year he plays at i will be fine.

just want to use our cap dollars wisely, most people here seem to think there is unlimited money

48 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

What you are saying is correct, but fact is, if its easy to find a #3 receiving option why have we been running out pringle, robinson, and hardman. If yiu haven’t noticed good teams double tyreek, put their best defender on kelce, and our offense stalls.

i would love to retain brown for a contract similar to his skill, no one is disputing that. Its just im the only one who is scared the chiefs are going to make him the highest payed LT in the league. If they give him the 10-12 mil a year he plays at i will be fine.

just want to use our cap dollars wisely, most people here seem to think there is unlimited money

I think most people here realize a lot of people get paid a lot of money to manipulate the cap, and that if they can make it work, bring us another SB!

Its just im the only one who is scared the chiefs are going to make him the highest payed LT in the league. If they give him the 10-12 mil a year he plays at i will be fine.

well I think it fair to assume that given they have franchised him  they deem him worth more than your 10-12 which IMO is just plain unrealistic. I mean JFC thats in the 20 spot of LT salary& NO I'm not scared of anything. I think Veach has learned the art of capology and negotiations. Now I would be surprised if Veach did make him the highest paid LT but if he did it like all NFL contracts  does not mean he'd get all that. It's just temporary bragging rights. In Veach I trust!

Why have they were running out guys like Hardman and Pringle? I don't know, maybe because they are YOUNG players with upside. 

I didn't say it was easy to get a quality WR, I'm just saying it's easier than getting a quality LT, the 2nd most important position on an offense. There's a fair amount of quality FA WRs out there this year, how many quality LTs are there?

And where did you get the idea that they were going to make him the highest paid LT out there? 

So protecting our half a billion dollar QB isn't spending money wisely? Did you not watch what happened in the Super Bowl when KC lost  Fisher?

Sorry, but it doesn't matter if you're fine with it. The Chiefs front office has built a team that has gone to 4 straight AFCC games and 2 Super Bowls.

What are your credentials again?

4 minutes ago, THEWIZARD said:

Why have they were running out guys like Hardman and Pringle? I don't know, maybe because they are YOUNG players with upside. 

I didn't say it was easy to get a quality WR, I'm just saying it's easier than getting a quality LT, the 2nd most important position on an offense. There's a fair amount of quality FA WRs out there this year, how many quality LTs are there?

And where did you get the idea that they were going to make him the highest paid LT out there? 

So protecting our half a billion dollar QB isn't spending money wisely? Did you not watch what happened in the Super Bowl when KC lost  Fisher?

Sorry, but it doesn't matter if you're fine with it. The Chiefs front office has built a team that has gone to 4 straight AFCC games and 2 Super Bowls.

What are your credentials again?

Oh the line matters, just see what they did last season in the overhaul and what the invested in all positions. To think Veach is just going to let it go to hell again to save a few million is funny as hell. I think everyone sees this but for one person.

you all are missing my point. im not saying to make the like crap. im saying dont' pay the 10th best tackle in the league 20 mil a year when you can get the 15th for 10

and the only reason i think that may happen is because we are giving average de's like frank clark and average lbs like hitchens top of the market deals for no reason

3 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

you all are missing my point. im not saying to make the like crap. im saying dont' pay the 10th best tackle in the league 20 mil a year when you can get the 15th for 10

and the only reason i think that may happen is because we are giving average de's like frank clark and average lbs like hitchens top of the market deals for no reason

Nobody is missing your point.  Nobody agrees with it.

So who is this 15th best LT they can pick off a tree and get for pennies on a dollar? They are not getting a good tackle for cheap unless they roll the dice on a rookie, which they aren't going to do

well the person i wanted Jospeh Noteboom just re-signed with the Rams 3 years 40 mil. 

Other guys who are free agents

Duane Brown is essentially the same guy, but is 37. 

Terron Armstead is a better player but is injured a lot, will probably command 20 milish a year.

Trent Brown is essentially the same person but is injured a lot

Morgan Moses is essentially the same person but is injured a lot

Eric Fisher sucks but is essentially the same person.

again i would prefer Brown over any of these people, but maybe next year there will be better options. thats why i just hope we go with the 1 year franchise tag for this season. i am kinda tired of talking about this, this is a day where we hopefully get some cool free agent news like Allen Robinson and make a legit Superbowl run!

30 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

well the person i wanted Jospeh Noteboom just re-signed with the Rams 3 years 40 mil. 

Terron Armstead is a better player but is injured a lot, will probably command 20 milish a year.

again i would prefer Brown over any of these people, but maybe next year there will be better options. thats why i just hope we go with the 1 year franchise tag for this season. i am kinda tired of talking about this, this is a day where we hopefully get some cool free agent news like Allen Robinson and make a legit Superbowl run!

I've just been reading you all's discussion, and don't know a lot about the other LT's in the NFL. My worry is Brown plays with the franchise tag this year, and plays even better. I think that's very possible, and the Chiefs will wish they would have done a deal earlier. 

33 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

If you're tired of talking about it why do you continue to do so?