Chargers making moves

For a 2nd and a 6th. 17.9 mill? I was initially very jealous, but that is a fair deal. Gets out from under 3-years of a high priced player that’s 31. 

I think they should have brought Ingram back for no draft capital and half the cost. Mack is probably better but pretty big investment. 

I’m really hoping the Chiefs front office has a plan for the DL that involves both the draft AND free agency.  Sitting back, doing nothing, and keeping Clark/Sorensen/Nieman will not make this fan happy.

I know free agency is just starting and I am not expecting big moves right off the bat, but I really hope Veach has a plan.

5 hours ago, KC Warpaint said:

I wonder if the bears GM ( who used to work for KC) shopped this deal to the chiefs first?

Curious about that as well. Taking away a huge need at DE for a few years by giving up the late 2nd would be a win IMO.

8 hours ago, KC Warpaint said:

I wonder if the bears GM ( who used to work for KC) shopped this deal to the chiefs first?

If the Bears did shop him to KC I'm kinda glad Veach didn't do it.   Mack is a good player that's probably gonna give you 2 to 3 good years before declining.   Our 2nds have resulted in Creed Gay n Bolton.  I'm not sure id give up any one those 3 on rookie contracts for 3 good years of Mack.

6 hours ago, Okiechief1 said:

If the Bears did shop him to KC I'm kinda glad Veach didn't do it.   Mack is a good player that's probably gonna give you 2 to 3 good years before declining.   Our 2nds have resulted in Creed Gay n Bolton.  I'm not sure id give up any one those 3 on rookie contracts for 3 good years of Mack.

Cannot argue with what our recent 2nd round picks have brought us, i just hope that we are as successful overhauling the defense as we were last year with the offense

On 3/11/2022 at 9:45 AM, oldtimer said:

there is a NT from Kentucky that I hear is quietly surging his nick name is "Bully" and I guess for good reason. He's a mean mo fo. Heard he was projected in the 3rd

McCall?  He's huge but don't know how well he moves or if he has burst.  

Chargers will be the favorite for all the media, to pick as conference chanps again this year. They are though using up all that cap space for sure.

New home for former #Rams DT Sebastian Joseph-Day -- but doesn't go very far. Sources say he has agreed with the #Chargers on a 3yr $24 million contract with $15 million guaranteed.

DT Austin Johnson's deal with the Chargers is worth up to $14 million over two years, per source. Los Angeles addressing multiple defensive needs today.

On 3/15/2022 at 10:51 AM, kkuenn said:

Chargers will be the favorite for all the media, to pick as conference chanps again this year. They are though using up all that cap space for sure.

New home for former #Rams DT Sebastian Joseph-Day -- but doesn't go very far. Sources say he has agreed with the #Chargers on a 3yr $24 million contract with $15 million guaranteed.

DT Austin Johnson's deal with the Chargers is worth up to $14 million over two years, per source. Los Angeles addressing multiple defensive needs today.

That's a nice 2nd/3rd tier addition. Chargers have been building really well, it's definitely going to be an interesting match-up going forward. 

8 hours ago, dhitter said:

Might as well go ahead and crown the Broncos AND the Chargers as co AFC West champions based on what I'm reading.

At this point the division is up for grabs. Still a long off season and many more changes ahead.

KC no longer has the advantage at QB over the Broncos or Chargers. All are very good.