Chargers making moves

4 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

At this point the division is up for grabs. Still a long off season and many more changes ahead.

KC no longer has the advantage at QB over the Broncos or Chargers. All are very good. 

We still have the advantage at QB lol. We also have the advantage at coaching. 

8 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

At this point the division is up for grabs. Still a long off season and many more changes ahead.

KC no longer has the advantage at QB over the Broncos or Chargers. All are very good. 

what brand of glue do you sniff? 

3 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

Mahomes is the best qb in this division and has the advantage. It’s our defense that may not Be. 

8 minutes ago, dhitter said:

If we could get a legit WR2 and shore up the right tackle spot I would put our offense over anyone. But that D????

Use the draft for cb, s, DE and dt help then. Sign some depth too if needed.

20 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Use the draft for cb, s, DE and dt help then. Sign some depth too if needed.

It seems obvious by now that Veach and company, regarding FA, are gonna let the dust fly and pick from the leftovers. They will sign a receiver I'm pretty sure. They have got to nail this draft or things could start to slide.

4 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

Would you take Herbert or Wilson over Mahomes? 

3 hours ago, dhitter said:

It seems obvious by now that Veach and company, regarding FA, are gonna let the dust fly and pick from the leftovers. They will sign a receiver I'm pretty sure. They have got to nail this draft or things could start to slide.

Soren Petro mentioned on his podcast that they may have to almost to slide back a little. Basically building threw the draft until more cap space is freed up. 

4 minutes ago, qnet said:

Soren Petro mentioned on his podcast that they may have to almost to slide back a little. Basically building threw the draft until more cap space is freed up. 

He's just being contrarian.  Why would they have to slide back a little?  In the past couple years they've absolutely nailed 2 offensive linemen and 2 linebackers in the draft.  We have been building through the draft for 6-7 years.  The best players on this team were all drafted by the Chiefs, save for the left side of the offensive line.  

The Chiefs could lose more games in 22 than 21 despite being a better team.  Other teams get better, and the margin between 12 wins and 8 wins is literally a handful of plays. 

11 minutes ago, moons314 said:

He's just being contrarian.  Why would they have to slide back a little?  In the past couple years they've absolutely nailed 2 offensive linemen and 2 linebackers in the draft.  We have been building through the draft for 6-7 years.  The best players on this team were all drafted by the Chiefs, save for the left side of the offensive line.  

The Chiefs could lose more games in 22 than 21 despite being a better team.  Other teams get better, and the margin between 12 wins and 8 wins is literally a handful of plays. 

Possibly, but I think he's basically including what you mentioned about the other teams being better. I agree that the best players were drafted and I love that. I want the Chiefs to keep dominating the division and win the SB as much as anyone, but if they fall back some this year, while selecting future studs in the draft I won't be mad about it.

The key will be good drafting, like Dhitter mentioned. Guys like Bolton and Gay are a good start, Veach just has to keep it going. 

On 3/16/2022 at 9:20 PM, AFCWEST said:

Very good doesn't compare to Mahomes so we still have the advantage. We may be lacking at backup QB but if it comes down to that we are already screwed. 

Just now, sith13 said:

Very good doesn't compare to Mahomes so we still have the advantage. We may be lacking at backup QB but if it comes down to that we are already screwed. 

I think all three are equal. There are about 7-8 QBs that are on the same level as PM. I still want PM as KC QB. The playoffs have proven PM and the Chiefs are beat-able.  

4 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

I think all three are equal. There are about 7-8 QBs that are on the same level as PM. I still want PM as KC QB. The playoffs have proven PM and the Chiefs are beat-able.  

What ones? Name 7 to 8, as they are now for age etc. That are the same level? Mahomes has records in becoming the fastest to 100 tds, 10,000 yards one of 3 qbs to ever throw 5000 yards, 50 tds. He also has lead us to 4 straight afc championships, an mvp award and sb mvp, been to 2 sb and won one.

All with the horrid defense especially run defense we have had. Tell me what other QB has done this and in level with all this? To make teams go all in just to beat this team? 

8 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Not Carr.

Brady, Rogers, Watson, Wilson, Burrow, Herbert, Allen, Stafford are all excellent.

Stats dont tell the story. Systems and teams can make stats look better or worse. 

So what has most of these guys done? Mahomes right now has age, experience and done things that some if these have not. Wilson has been declining. Rodgers has choked in the playoffs the last few years. Brady is still Brady but no way would I want him and his age for our future. Herbert has not won shit as well as Allen

We have beaten both when it matters and I still like Mahomes over either even if it was a straight up swap of QBs. Stafford? Really? I mean. He went to a team that went all in and has no draft future

7 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

The playoffs have proved that everyone is beatable.  Especially Wilson, Carr and Herbert who have won a combined 1 playoff game since 2018 when Patrick became a starter.  If you are keeping track, and I know you aren't) Patrick is 8-3 in that time period.  

2 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

The playoffs have proved that everyone is beatable.  Especially Wilson, Carr and Herbert who have won a combined 1 playoff game since 2018 when Patrick became a starter.  If you are keeping track, and I know you aren't) Patrick is 8-3 in that time period.  

PM has been awesome. I think those guys would all have success on the  recent KC teams.  These guys are all capable of winning today. Who knows about tomorrow. If the game is today they are all excellent.

1 hour ago, AFCWEST said:

Not Carr.

Brady, Rogers, Watson, Wilson, Burrow, Herbert, Allen, Stafford are all excellent.

Stats dont tell the story. Systems and teams can make stats look better or worse. 

Rodgers and Wilson are both just above .500 in the playoffs. Brady is finally regressing and no longer has the talent to back up his elite status, still the greatest QB of all time but not right now. Burrow may eventually be a top QB and the same is true for Herbert but neither is at Mahomes' level yet. They are basically solid franchise QB prospects but not really elite. Stafford may be considered one of the best in that bunch, too bad he was stuck in Detroit so we don't really know where he should rank. I think Allen is the only QB that would be comparable to Mahomes, great talent with good smarts to back it up. 

4 minutes ago, sith13 said:

Rodgers and Wilson are both just above .500 in the playoffs. Brady is finally regressing and no longer has the talent to back up his elite status, still the greatest QB of all time but not right now. Burrow may eventually be a top QB and the same is true for Herbert but neither is at Mahomes' level yet. They are basically solid franchise QB prospects but not really elite. Stafford may be considered one of the best in that bunch, too bad he was stuck in Detroit so we don't really know where he should rank. I think Allen is the only QB that would be comparable to Mahomes, great talent with good smarts to back it up. 

My point isnt anything more than if the game is played today these guys are as good as Mahomes. Its not about yesterday. The question is AFC West Chargers Making Moves. The Chiefs no longer have the QB advantage in the division and have many other teams/QBs that are very competitive. Yes maybe the team is not as good as KC and maybe the team is not coached as well. Maybe? Individual Talent wise those QBs are as good. 

1 minute ago, AFCWEST said:

My point isnt anything more than if the game is played today these guys are as good as Mahomes. Its not about yesterday. The question is AFC West Chargers Making Moves. The Chiefs no longer have the QB advantage in the division and have many other teams/QBs that are very competitive. Yes maybe the team is not as good as KC and maybe the team is not coached as well. Maybe? Individual Talent wise those QBs are as good. 

Other QBs are competitive but none of them take away the Mahomes' advantage. They need better tools around their QBs to compete with us but none of them would be able to beat Mahomes if the remaining tools were exactly the same.