Arrowhead's Offseason

21 hours ago, Palangi said:

I like the Collins idea. I worry about his injury history some  though. 

if Robinson doesn’t want to rejoin Nagy, then maybe we could look at Cooper on a Watkins type  deal. I know there is some baggage there but he also wouldn’t count against compensation picks next year since he was released and not just a FA

In 2019, Collins signed a five-year, $50 million contract extension that carried guaranteed money into this season, however, a five-game suspension last year for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy voided the $6.48 million in guarantees. He is scheduled to make $10 million this season if he remains on the team's roster, with a cap hit of $15.25 million.

Over the past two seasons, Collins missed 21 of 33 games to injury or suspension. He did not play in 2020 because of hip surgery and started 10 of the 12 games he played in 2022.

Collins signed with the Cowboys in 2015 as an undrafted free agent after circumstances saw him go from a first-round selection to not being selected at all after his name was connected to a murder investigation. The Cowboys landed him after a dinner at Jerry Jones' house in which he was joined by coaches and soon-to-be teammate.

He began his career at left guard but missed 13 games in 2016 because of a toe injury that required surgery. In 2017, he moved to right tackle and started 47 of 48 games. He had his best season in 2019, but his productivity has suffered since he injured his hip.

Need to do our due diligence on this guy for sure.

On 3/11/2022 at 7:08 PM, West said:

Already running about 20 head.....very small scale but fun and the beef tastes good.

Most of my time will be visiting people I like....

Let's go to a Chiefs game this year...we are not getting any younger

w

On 3/11/2022 at 7:31 PM, arrowhead said:

Have a friend who's sending his first 3 wagyu to the butcher in May. Ordered me some ribeyes.

10 hours ago, oldtimer said:

them'll be pricey

Have any of you tried Bison?  Not to intrude on your convo, just curious. I meant to ask OT about it on the thread were he talked about  grilling tomahawks, but don't remember which thread that was. I've only had it at Ted Montana's in Atlanta, and love it. 

Congrats on you retirement W.

1 hour ago, qnet said:

Have any of you tried Bison?  Not to intrude on your convo, just curious. I meant to ask OT about it on the thread were he talked about  grilling tomahawks, but don't remember which thread that was. I've only had it at Ted Montana's in Atlanta, and love it. 

IIRC, Uncle Festus smoked some bison ribs for one of the festivus parties.  They were very good.  

2 hours ago, qnet said:

I enjoy bison. There's several bison ranchers that have travelling stores or they can ship it.

order some and get it shipped: Straight Arrow Bison

10 hours ago, jetlord said:

IIRC, Uncle Festus smoked some bison ribs for one of the festivus parties.  They were very good.  

@qnet oh yea like JET said we  had  Bison Ribs for Festivus a couple of Times. We used to have a member  went by Justintime. He would send POOT & I some. They were HUGE much akin to  Fred Flintstone sized. Meat is phenomenal but  the price really makes you pucker. I got a gift box a year back, had like 2  Tomahawks ( they were awfully small) and 2 of another cut maybe just Ribeye's and some Short Ribs.  Melt in your mouth  tender but they were  over $200 all in all.

Shure do miss Justintime's big ol Ribs and cant find anyone who has them either.

I get Bison occasionally at the Lone Eagle Grill in Incline.  They also have elk and deer some nights.

They do a nice job and we like to sit outside to enjoy the lake and a nice glass of Groth Cab.

That's a bit high thread count, but a couple of times a year is worth it.

Bison is really good and very lean. 

w

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Not that my vote should count, but why not wait until the schedule comes out?  An October game would be my preference and if that's when the Jags play in Arrowhead, fine with ,me.  If it's December, then not so willing. 

Buckle up and put some warm clothes on.