If we can get Kareem Hunt on the cheap,  you absolutely should consider bringing him back.  The odds are against it, but he seems to have learned his lesson and gotten his shit together.  He still has a lot left in the tank,  knows our offense and is an absolutely perfect fit for this offense.  You simply cannot ignore him, if he becomes available even if it is for a short term deal. 

4 minutes ago, Docbarnabee said:

If we can get Kareem Hunt on the cheap,  you absolutely should consider bringing him back.  The odds are against it, but he seems to have learned his lesson and gotten his shit together.  He still has a lot left in the tank,  knows our offense and is an absolutely perfect fit for this offense.  You simply cannot ignore him, if he becomes available even if it is for a short term deal. 

Especially with Williams testing FA.

On 3/12/2022 at 2:57 PM, DieHard said:

It sounds strange but we ran the ball more times for more yards last year than we did the year Hunt won the rushing title. 

In 2017 - 405 / 1903 4.7 ypc with Alex Smith as QB.  Defenses would load the box vs that squad and Hunt still was avg 4.9 yards per carry.

2021 - 431/1955  4.5 ypc with Pat Mahomes.  Defenses literally played 3-4 in the box and we avgd less yards per carry.  A dynamic rusher would have feasted.

I was absolutely surprised that the numbers were almost identical though.   Andy going to run 25 times per game on avg regardless of the running back.   

I think a low key need for this team is a rb that has home run ability.   Maybe bring McKinnon back?  

On 3/12/2022 at 11:57 PM, DieHard said:

It sounds strange but we ran the ball more times for more yards last year than we did the year Hunt won the rushing title. 

Stat-wise we still run the ball but the RPO isn't utilizing the strength of our line much and the RBs start with some deficit due to the lack of pro formation. I think the pro formation is what we have been missing on offense in some critical games this year.

6 hours ago, sith13 said:

Stat-wise we still run the ball but the RPO isn't utilizing the strength of our line much and the RBs start with some deficit due to the lack of pro formation. I think the pro formation is what we have been missing on offense in some critical games this year.

100%

Very fair comment. I don’t think it says our RBs are as good as Hunt.
Mahomes v. Smith makes sense but doesn’t explain it. Hunt had a high y/a behind Smith.

I think there are a few factors. One is that this line run blocks way better than the line Hunt was behind. I think he would kill it behind this line.

3 hours ago, DieHard said:

Very fair comment. I don’t think it says our RBs are as good as Hunt.
Mahomes v. Smith makes sense but doesn’t explain it. Hunt had a high y/a behind Smith.

I think there are a few factors. One is that this line run blocks way better than the line Hunt was behind. I think he would kill it behind this line.

That train of thought gets me to "what would JC do behind this line with Mahomes at QB". I imagine there wouldn't be any NFL records that he doesn't break.