Blake Bell min

Jerick McKinnon min

Armani Watts min

Michael Burton min

Austin Blythe min

Jody Fortson (ERFA)

Derrick Gore (ERFA)

Trade:

DE Frank Clark to the 49ers for a 2023 5th round pick (lmao)

CB Xavien Howard from the Dolphins and pick #50 to the Kansas City Chiefs for pick #30 and a 2023 5th.

The Dolphins were shopping Howard around the trade deadline last year and will probably try again with Byron Jones as the #1.  They could really stand to move up a lot to draft some better protection for Tua.  #30 will put them right in front of the Bengals for a prime choice.  The Chiefs need someone that can replace Ward at more of a budget value.

Extend:

WR Tyreek Hill (4 year extension, frees up 10m today)

OT Orlando Brown Jr (6 year deal, frees up another 10m for 2022)

Restructure:

Pat Mahomes and Joe Thuney - convert 10m from each into a SB

Sign:

WR Christian Kirk (4yr/60m) - Kirk is an ascending burner in the NFL and a perfect chess piece to add on a pass-first Offense.  It's going to be a lot harder to copy with the Bengals did to the Chiefs with another home run threat on the field that Defenses will have to account for.

DE Emmanuel Ogbah (3yr/30m) - Fixing what was once a mistake.

DT Akiem Hicks (3yr/24m) - One aspect that hasn't been approached is how much the Chiefs sucked at plugging up the run inside when Melvin Ingram or Nick Bolton didn't make an absurd play.  Hicks is going to bring that shut down attitude thats been lacking.

CB Jeff Gladney (1yr/1m) - The Chiefs were very heavy on Gladney before the Vikings drafted him.  Now with charges cleared, I think they will pursue him again.

LB Uchenna Nwosu (3yr/14m) - An ascending player as a will backer and an extra pass-rusher.  Gave Pat some real fits last season.  I think his pass-rushing ability will find him on the field for all 3 downs and would be a decent complimentary piece for a young LB group.

Draft:

2.  Logan Hall, DE  Houston

The lack of pass-rush absolutely killed the Chiefs in 2021.  I look for them to keep addressing it.

2. Lewis Cine, DB  Georgia

HB was never under real consideration for an extension here.  It's for the best.  Here's a replacement.

3. David Bell, WR  Purdue

The finishing touch is added with the addition of Bell as a possession receiver.

3. Max Mitchell, OT  Louisiana-Layfette

Right Tackle will need to be addressed.

4.  Sam Hall, DE  Ole Miss

I would be surprised if they don't double up on edge-rushers.

6. Tyler Badie, RB  Missouri

Brett Veach packages 2 7th rounders to get into the upper round of the 6th and take Badie.  A proven steady runner that would have gone closer to Day 2 if he ran .05 faster at the combine.  Adds more competition at RB with a local favorite and the Chiefs do not need 3 7th rounders.

7.  Samori Toure, WR  Nebraska

All 3 Husker fans remaining go wild!

I do not forsee a lot of members from last years Defense returning.  Tyrann did not play as hard as he could.  Not a lot of effort being spent to keep Ward, IMO.  No word about possible returns for Reed, Sorsensen, Hughes, Nnadi and Niemann.

I think I'd let them all walk, myself.

I look for receiver to be a priority.  They tried and missed at the spot last year and it cost them a three-peat of being in the Super Bowl.  They won't strike out completely, again.

WR and pass-rush.  This is going to be Spagnuolo's last chance to get the pass-rush right.

That is quite the offseason but I wouldn't hate all the moves.  I might disagree with a few players but I like the overall idea and plan.  I'm not a big Kirk fan but that position is going to be addressed.    I like Dorance Armstrong out of Dallas.  5 sacks in limited reps and is a protypical Spags DE.  6'3" 260 with long arms and is young.   Probably could get him 3/15-18 and catch him ascending but Ogbah is a steady player that will give us 8-10 sacks per year.   Love Hall and Cine.  If we can get Sam Williams that far down in the draft he would be a steal.  Not a fan of Ball though.   Dude is gonna struggle in the NFL imo.