4 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

DM Conversation between me and Xen last week. 

Screenshot_20220314-214915_Chrome.jpg

Good call. I’m excited about this one.  I’m curious about the money tho, as in where this is in terms of the safety market?  I’d rather have the 5 years younger safer with upside , this deal just seems super cheap compared to what I thought Matthieu was gonna ask for.  I guess I’m asking is the safety market in general lower than what it was originally thought to be?

LETS GOOOO.

This means no matheiu. This is a vastly superior and younger player than matheiu at a cheaper cost than what we have been paying.

chiefs killing it so far, and by that i mean haven’t given out any dumb deals and are rumored to be in talks with the right kind of players to bring here. Aka Allen robinson, jarvis landry, juju, zadarius smith etc.

I appreciate all Tyrann did for this team.  I am also excited Veach doesn’t allow emotion to influence him.   Great signing!  

What shocked me was how close Ward and JC Jackson were in apy.    I think adding JC at 16.5 per would have made our secondary borderline elite.   Oh well, maybe they noticed something and passed.

8 hours ago, jetlord said:

Does this mean for certain that HB is gone?  He might be resigned for less than $10 million after finding the market not to his liking.  

I wouldn't mind having HB in town for a 1-year deal just to be on the safe side with Dirty Dan. 

1 minute ago, sith13 said:

I wouldn't mind having HB in town for a 1-year deal just to be on the safe side with Dirty Dan. 

We will play a lot of 3-safety and only 2 on the roster. I don’t get the hate on HB. First team all pro 2019 and 2020. Best safety numbers in football in 2020 if I remember right. People bitch about him throwing his hands in the air when they should be bitching about the guys who blew their assignments that made him throw his hands in the air. You will be a huge asset for somebody this year.

1 minute ago, DieHard said:

We will play a lot of 3-safety and only 2 on the roster. I don’t get the hate on HB. First team all pro 2019 and 2020. Best safety numbers in football in 2020 if I remember right. People bitch about him throwing his hands in the air when they should be bitching about the guys who blew their assignments that made him throw his hands in the air. You will be a huge asset for somebody this year.

come on he is just a shell of what he was two years ago. His play had slipped. I am sure his leadership will be missed but  other can fill that void. I dont hate him like I do Ben and Dan but he's not worth making what the Chiefs can afford.

1 minute ago, DieHard said:

I was a proponent of resigning HB and I wish him well, but Veach knocked it out if the park with the Reid signing.  Not quite as good but great value deal for a similar player.  Lots of safeties in the draft as well so I expect we'll see one there or another value signing in the 2nd wave of free agency.

2 minutes ago, DieHard said:

Also reduces the burden on CBs as HB can play both positions. I think he's going to leave for a long-term deal but if he doesn't find a good one I don't mind him coming back for a modest deal. 

7 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

come on he is just a shell of what he was two years ago. His play had slipped. I am sure his leadership will be missed but  other can fill that void. I dont hate him like I do Ben and Dan but he's not worth making what the Chiefs can afford.

Our problems in the secondary last year were not because of him. He was a strength in our secondary. Do you remember the Keystone cops running around like chickens with their heads cut off when he was injured? They didn’t even know how to lineup.