Chiefs signed JuJu Smith-Schuster, formerly of the Steelers, to a one-year, $10.75 million contract. 

Smith-Schuster announced the move himself. This move makes perfect sense for both sides. The Chiefs need a third option in the passing game behind Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce, especially one that can operate underneath, and playing with Patrick Mahomes should rehab Smith-Schuster as he looks to cash in next year in free agency. Volume will be a concern, but Smith-Schuster has a path to WR3 value with the upside for more. 

16 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Now to get Collins at RT, fletcher at DT, a DE signed and drafted. FA for a cb? We will need a drafted WR to learn for this ine year rental too. Maybe that Alabama one that was injured who would have gone high if not for the injury. Let him sit, learn and heal. 

Fletcher would be great!

Every year, Chiefs' fans look at the salary cap, the list of premium FA going other paces, the holes on the Chiefs roster, and they panic.  Veach knows what he's doing and what the plan is.  Not every move works out and a few opportunities are missed, but usually by the end of the draft and FA, the team is pretty solid.  The Chiefs will draft a WR, but don't need to get an immediate starter.  They will get a FA DE, but not a top tier one  They will draft or sign another safety and CB and probably a cover LB and a DT.  It's still early and we fans need to let the process work out. 

High holy living fuck!

“Smith-Schuster is the holder of several NFL records, including being the youngest player to reach 2,500 career receiving yards and the first player to have two offensive touchdowns of at least 97 yards.”

He is only 25. 

52 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Now to get Collins at RT, fletcher at DT, a DE signed and drafted. FA for a cb? We will need a drafted WR to learn for this one year rental too. Maybe that Alabama one that was injured who would have gone high if not for the injury. Let him sit, learn and heal. 

Williams?  He will still go well before 30.

Not sure about the price tag but great addition. If he stays healthy we could have 3 players with over 1000 receiving yards. I guess Hardman stays as WR3 this year and we groom a mid round pick for 2023 and beyond. We might and likely should go full defense with the first 4 picks.

9 minutes ago, sith13 said:

Not sure about the price tag but great addition. If he stays healthy we could have 3 players with over 1000 receiving yards. I guess Hardman stays as WR3 this year and we groom a mid round pick for 2023 and beyond. We might and likely should go full defense with the first 4 picks.

I agree. I think the only way they deviate from that is if some RT falls into their laps that they think is a steal. They are probably still high on Niang and maybe even Long if he can stay healthy. Wylie showed improvement so it’s probably his job to lose.

Just now, Dan4pres said:

I agree. I think the only way they deviate from that is if some RT falls into their laps that they think is a steal. They are probably still high on Niang and maybe even Long if he can stay healthy.

Yep, an OT is a big need and if we can find someone to at least be the swing tackle this year that will be a critical boost. I'm expecting someone in early 4th (after we trade our late first for an early 2nd and 4th) but if there's a great guy on board I think Veach can pull the trigger any time. 

2 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

More money than i figured he would get, but the WR market is super inflated suddenly. We HAD to try different #3 options than pringle or robinson, and this was the best option currently on the market. Good signing for the chiefs

bet Landry is looking for a multi year deal

3 minutes ago, Biggjliv4 said:

Curious if Powell will develop and be serviceable this year. 

Can't be worse than Robinson so may be the 4th option as early as now? If he can beat out Hardman I would be even more thrilled as a viable receiver is much more valuable than a gadget player IMO. They can keep using Hardman as the DMC-type player as long as they want.