Both LVS and DEN have mortgaged their futures by giving up the draft in the future.  LAC can exist until they have to pay Herbert two years down the road.  Even if the Chiefs no longer dominate the division, only one team can win and I'd still pick KC.  They are getting younger with their QB on a team friendly deal.  Hill and Kelce will age, but not before the other teams feel the price of their spending sprees.  The future is good for KC.  

I understand Denver's approach. The last time they were good was with Manning at helm and they are in a position to lose out on quite bit of talent if they can't replicate that success. So they go for the best QB available in the market. They gave up a lot and I don't think that leads to success but at least they are trying. Chargers on the other hand seem to have made good moves, I don't think they made any mistakes in the offseason. Raiders are simply doing what they do best and mess up the franchise. I wouldn't call that desperation as opposed to tradition, it's no different than the Lions consistently sucking. 

I would think that all three have a 2-3 year window to be very good before contracts and age catches up to them.  Within a couple years all three QB will want new contracts and so will a lot of their other players.  Also a few of their big pickups will pass 30 and it can catch up to players really quick ask Julio Jones.  We just need to be smart and draft really well while they aren't drafting at all. 

Everyone trying to beat the chiefs. That is understood. But what Denver chargers and raiders did for even a 2 year window is maybe worth it if they can win the super bowl. 
do I think they all have gotten better? Yes they have and it will be a difficult division to win. 
with all that said, I believe our chiefs will be fine and hopefully throttle some of these teams who have spent so much money. 

Just now, Holmes4six! said:

Everyone trying to beat the chiefs. That is understood. But what Denver chargers and raiders did for even a 2 year window is maybe worth it if they can win the super bowl. 
do I think they all have gotten better? Yes they have and it will be a difficult division to win. 
with all that said, I believe our chiefs will be fine and hopefully throttle some of these teams who have spent so much money. 

Can't wait until they cap hits and trading away picks just kills them. Division will be easier once Wilson is done in a couple, Carr and Raiders do their usual floundering and Chargers have to pay Herbert. 

1 minute ago, kkuenn said:

Can't wait until they cap hits and trading away picks just kills them. Division will be easier once Wilson is done in a couple, Carr and Raiders do their usual floundering and Chargers have to pay Herbert. 

Yep, and even if they want to keep him it'll likely cost 60 mil+ a year to do it, on top of  all of those rookie contracts that'll be up. Hard to restock a team with 3rd and 4th rounders as your top picks.

Herbert will be extended next year but still has to play out his rookie contract and with some backloading I think they have 3 years before that contract kicks in. Until then they will be a tough team as long as they keep drafting well and finding decent FAs. 

3 hours ago, sith13 said:

Herbert will be extended next year but still has to play out his rookie contract and with some backloading I think they have 3 years before that contract kicks in. Until then they will be a tough team as long as they keep drafting well and finding decent FAs. 

Good point. 
division is loaded and it’s gonna be a dog fight. 

4 hours ago, kkuenn said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/03/19/broncos-will-have-to-pay-russell-wilson-huge-money-eventually/