Tyreek Hill Trade????

How would the #Chiefs begin to replace superstar Tyreek Hill? Sources say #Packers free-agent WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling is on his way to Kansas City today for a visit. No deal imminent, but a logical option to help fill the void. Speed for speed.

And this is why I constantly complain about giving average players big money. Tyreek is one of the 4 player we have that actually matter and now we somehow can’t pay him. This is why i wanted to trade orlando brown, sign a LT for cheaper and save the 10 mil a year.

this is why i beeotch about giving people like matheiu, clark, and hitchens too much allocated cap space, because this stuff happens.

Quite frankly even though thuney is a god tier guard you can’t do deals like that and risk losing tyreek.

this is sickening 

Also they could tag him for a year or 2 after this year. Still cheaper than annual yearly pay if he cut it off. 

What do we expect in a trade if it happens? A 1st and 3rd? Then get Landry maybe and draft a replacement for JJ?  Use the mo ey freed up to get a RT and or DE/DT?

If he wants out of KC to go play for the Jets and never sniff another Super Bowl for a few extra million bucks per year then ya let him go at a stiff price. 
You’d think that the guy would want to play with Mahomes and be on a playoff caliber team but nooo! 

4 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

And this is why I constantly complain about giving average players big money. Tyreek is one of the 4 player we have that actually matter and now we somehow can’t pay him. This is why i wanted to trade orlando brown, sign a LT for cheaper and save the 10 mil a year.

this is why i beeotch about giving people like matheiu, clark, and hitchens too much allocated cap space, because this stuff happens.

Quite frankly even though thuney is a god tier guard you can’t do deals like that and risk losing tyreek.

this is sickening 

Sounds like they made an offer to make him one of the top paid WR. You dont know, he may be greedy and get traded.  We still have Mahomes and you you never even gave a good LT option in all your rants. Clark restructured, Hitchens is gone as is HB. None of them have anything to do with this here and now as we have the money to have offered him an extension

I think Hill is expecting way to much based of Kirk's and then Devonte signings at WR. Let him test the market.  We have options that may gives us 2 more WR who would spread the field more than just Hill does.  Also the fact we still have tagging ability after next year.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Chiefs have given WR Tyreek Hill permission to seek a trade.

Hill is in the last year of his contract with the Chiefs and has been in talks on a contract extension for weeks. Talks appear to have broken down. Adam Schefter reports that the Jets and Dolphins are already in "serious talks" to trade for Hill. Schefter has since added that other teams were approached about a trade but that the Jets and Dolphins have emerged as the finalists. Hill's next contract can be expected to be massive if he lands with a new team, but the 28-year-old is a game-changing presence who could do wonders for a young quarterback. The Chiefs are hosting Marquez Valdez-Scantling for a visit, who would help replace Hill's downfield abilities, but won't be able to fill his No. 1 wide receiver shoes. That may fall to Juju Smith-Schuster, who would rack up targets with Hill gone, but the former Steeler is several notches less explosive. With Hill gone, the Chiefs would be very likely to add a wide receiver in the draft, particularly since a trade is likely to land them significant draft capital. If Hill is traded it will be a downgrade for the entire Chiefs offense.

5 minutes ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

Well, he is the one player I would say on this team we can not lose, even over Kelce!  Why would hill want to go to Jets or Miami.  Leave mahomes for a rookie, and no Tua?

MONEY. He will say respect but its money.

I doubt this happens. I think KC could use the franchise tag next year too? So Hill does not have much leverage.

5 minutes ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

Well, he is the one player I would say on this team we can not lose, even over Kelce!  Why would hill want to go to Jets or Miami.  Leave mahomes for a rookie, and no Tua?

Money. If he thinks he is valued as much or more than devonte, he will find out. Let him go to Jets, get the high picks in return, grab scantlin and landry.  Draft a WR and DE in the 1st then and use additional picks to double up on DE with DT in there too. Mahomes will be fine, he can't just look for Hill this way.  Kelce and 2 better receivers maybe what mahomes needs. Defenses can't cover 3 as they could do 2 before. I rather keep Hill though personally but it takes 2 to tango

3 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Sounds like they made an offer to make him one of the top paid WR. You dont know, he may be greedy and get traded.  We still have Mahomes and you you never even gave a good LT option in all your rants. Clark restructured, Hitchens is gone as is HB. None of them have anything to do with this here and now as we have the money to have offered him an extension

I think Hill is expecting way to much based of Kirk's and then Devonte signings at WR. Let him test the market.  We have options that may gives us 2 more WR who would spread the field more than just Hill does.  Also the fact we still have tagging ability after next year.

It’s because in my mind Mahomes, Hill, Kelce, and Chris Jones are the team, and the rest of the roster doesn’t really matter within reason. I have listed 5 or so people to replace or draft a LT as options. Reason im not specific is because in my mind dropped from a B+ LT to a C LT is meaningless. While dropping from Tyreek to Valdez Scantling is 4 games worse record and potentially missing playoffs.

if we go through with this trade, barring some ridiculous compensation coming back and some free agency splash that seems impossible now that most the good players are gone, i would consider trading kelce and jones as well and blowing up the team, taking a huge cap hit on mahomes this year, and gunning for next year 

1 minute ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

It’s because in my mind Mahomes, Hill, Kelce, and Chris Jones are the team, and the rest of the roster doesn’t really matter within reason. I have listed 5 or so people to replace or draft a LT as options. Reason im not specific is because in my mind dropped from a B+ LT to a C LT is meaningless. While dropping from Tyreek to Valdez Scantling is 4 games worse record and potentially missing playoffs.

if we go through with this trade, barring some ridiculous compensation coming back and some free agency splash that seems impossible now that most the good players are gone, i would consider trading kelce and jones as well and blowing up the team, taking a huge cap hit on mahomes this year, and gunning for next year 

Man, watch out. The sky is falling. Seriously though, the comp from a trade will be huge or KC will retain. We still are able to tag and he is 28 now. Even if he hits closer to 30 and is tagged twice we will be fine. You know Miami and Jets have a high 1st round picks etc. A lot of WRs to get still and we will have more option on the field then over just Kelce and Hill.

If traded, go to the Jets for both these picks or the top pick and early 2nd plus More. Miami is to low of a pick. They would need to include next year's pick whether 1 or 2 and a couple more this year.

1) Jacksonville Jaguars
2) Detroit Lions
3) Houston Texans
4) New York Jets
5) New York Giants
6) Carolina Panthers
7) New York Giants (from Chicago Bears) 😎Atlanta Falcons
9) Seattle Seahawks (from Denver Broncos)
10) New York Jets (from Seattle Seahawks)
11) Washington Commanders
12) Minnesota Vikings
13) Houston Texans (from Cleveland Browns)
14) Baltimore Ravens
15) Philadelphia Eagles (from Miami Dolphins)
16) Philadelphia Eagles (from Indianapolis Colts)
17) Los Angeles Chargers
18) New Orleans Saints
19) Philadelphia Eagles
20) Pittsburgh Steelers
21) New England Patriots
22) Green Bay Packers (from Las Vegas Raiders)
23) Arizona Cardinals
24) Dallas Cowboys
25) Buffalo Bills
26) Tennessee Titans
27) Tampa Bay Buccaneers
28) Green Bay Packers
29) Miami Dolphins (from San Francisco 49ers)
30) Kansas City Chiefs
31) Cincinnati Bengals
32) Detroit Lions (from Los Angeles Rams)

Just now, WarCry said:

If it goes through to Jets...get their 1st and grab WR Drake London from USC and sign Landry. Rollout Landry, Schuster, London and Mecole...not saying its perfect, but it gives a very solid core of WR's. 

And more options on the field for Mahomes. Exactly what I was saying before. Have 3 or 4 targets is better than just 2. Do we downgrade wr1? Yes, not many will replace Hill in the league. Thing is we improve on wr2, 3 and put say Hardman at 4 spot.

Well this sucks.  The idea of we can just get some picks and replace him is ridiculous. How many years did we draft WR with traits like Hill, but didn't pan out? Hardman being the most receng attempt.  You don't just replace what he can do on the field.  

Can't blame him for not wanting to be paid as the top 3 receiver he is.  Didn't see this coming.  Damn. 

Just now, Biggjliv4 said:

Well this sucks.  The idea of we can just get some picks and replace him is ridiculous. How many years did we draft WR with traits like Hill, but didn't pan out? Hardman being the most receng attempt.  You don't just replace what he can do on the field.  

Can't blame him for not wanting to be paid as the top 3 receiver he is.  Didn't see this coming.  Damn. 

He was offered per reports to be paid as a top WR. He wanted more and here we are.

I agree with Matt Verderame so often, and he is losing his mind.

he says we are paying frank clark and chris jones astronomical deals to be bad or average and can’t afford tyreek which is a monumental F up.

i totally agree.

i am a huge jones fan, but he has no lived up to his deal, and if the choice is jones or tyreek im paying tyreek without question.

it’s maddening 

if we trade tyreek to jets we better be getting back #4 and another first plus some defensive players to bolster our d line

4 minutes ago, Biggjliv4 said:

Raiders reset the receiver market with that huge over pay.

4 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

I agree with Matt Verderame so often, and he is losing his mind.

he says we are paying frank clark and chris jones astronomical deals to be bad or average and can’t afford tyreek which is a monumental F up.

i totally agree.

i am a huge jones fan, but he has no lived up to his deal, and if the choice is jones or tyreek im paying tyreek without question.

it’s maddening 

if we trade tyreek to jets we better be getting back #4 and another first plus some defensive players to bolster our d line

Another blockbuster coming? Despite an offer from the #Chiefs that would make superstar Tyreek Hill one of the highest-paid receivers, extension talks have stalled and Kansas City has now given Hill’s agent permission to seek a trade, sources tell me and @TomPelissero.

Clark restructured to a lower hit. Thuney restructured. Jfc, they had enough to offer him top wr money. Also get people around Jones and he won't be doubled so much. I don't think you even follow what we do. Complaining about HB and Hitchens before when they are bot gone ad an example. Clark cost us 12 mil and we still had enough to offer Hill. Smh, chill and let it go.

Additional round order for Jets and Miami since they are mentioned.

Picks in this year's draft:

No. 4: Jets
No. 10: Jets
No. 29: Dolphins
No. 35: Jets
No. 38: Jets
No. 50: Dolphins

Miami owns 2 first-round picks next year.