Tyreek Hill Trade????

Hill may have put it behind him, but I still worry about his off field past rearing its head again. The only reason Hardman is on this team is because of the dubious situation Hill was in. I would welcome quantity and depth at WR. More able bodied guys that cannot all be double teamed may work better overall vs Hill’s spectacular downfield play. If everyone is just going to sit two safeties deep, Hills maximum impact does get minimized some.

Here it is: The #Chiefs are trading six-time Pro Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the #Dolphins, sources tell me and @TomPelissero. 

The return is a first-round pick and more, while Hill gets a contract extension that puts him among the highest paid WRs in the NFL.

Per Ian Rapoport

Chiefs are trading six-time Pro-Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the Miami Dolphins for five draft picks: a 2022 1st-round pick (No. 29), a 2nd-round pick (No. 50) and a 4th-round pick, as well as 4th- and 6th-round picks in the 2023 draft, sources tell ESPN.

2 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Omg we got almost nothing for him. A low first and second this year are good the 4th and next year 4th and 6th are meaningless.

1, 2nd, 4th this year along with 4 and 6th next year. 6 picks in top 100 for us this year. All the while Raiders gave up just a 1st and 2nd for Adams. 

Just now, gochiefsgo said:

Well the Chiefs just got screwed on this one. Thought it would be the Jets. 

Yeah, rather have the higher 1st round for sure. Wonder what our offer for extension was. 3 years with 70 guaranteed is 23 mil there....must be around 85 or so all together. Guessing 28 or so per year total?

This does suck but IF  Andy is willing to adjust this isn't as bad it can be.  Big IF though.   Pats reset things a few times while Brady was there.   While it sucks now teams like the Chargers and Cincy are going to find themselves in the same boat when they have to start paying their young QBs. Wilson is 33 n maybe has 2 to 3 yrs left.  While other teams are going all in now KC in a couple yrs will have reset things and will be ready to contend again when many will be taking a step back.  

Sucks no matter what though.   

Chiefs are trading six-time Pro-Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the Miami Dolphins for five draft picks: a 2022 1st-round pick (No. 29), a 2nd-round pick (No. 50) and a 4th-round pick, as well as 4th- and 6th-round picks in the 2023 draft, sources tell E

1 minute ago, Biggjliv4 said:

Hard to believe that had we waited a bit longer that another team would have jumped in with a higher pick than the dolphins. Besides the jets. 

Oh I am sure they fielded calls asap. Other GMs are not stupid but it came down to these 2. Wish we would have waited in Jets to bump up, but I am sure we checked and they said no.

1 minute ago, AFCWEST said:

MAYBE KC is turning toward a run first team. LOL

I can see it now, force feeding CEH for 30 carries 3.1 yards per carry, somehow earning us a 4th quarter lead by miracle.

its now time to run the ball and eat clock to secure the victory, but instead eric bienemy dials up 3 passes in a row to hardman which are dropped

3 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Chiefs are trading six-time Pro-Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the Miami Dolphins for five draft picks: a 2022 1st-round pick (No. 29), a 2nd-round pick (No. 50) and a 4th-round pick, as well as 4th- and 6th-round picks in the 2023 draft, sources tell E

Man. I was really hoping for a 1st higher than 29. 

2 minutes ago, gochiefsgo said:

Well the Chiefs just got screwed on this one. Thought it would be the Jets. 

Yea, the Jets pick would've been better obviously...But we got a nice package of picks, we freed up some cash and Did not lock ourselves into a gigantic contract with a WR approaching 30 yrs old. I would guess that Hills speed at 31 yrs old would probably be comparable to a like a 25 yr old WR, but we all know that teams have figured out how to to stop Reek now.

I loved him because he was great and what he did...Taking the top off the defense, but he was never a great route runner, did not catch the ball with hands and probably hamstrung PM15 more than we think because Pat would hold the ball much longer than he should've waiting on Reek.

Hopefully, we can tightnen up the defense now and force Reid/EB to actually run the damn football now and really take what the defenses are giving us instead of having PM15 and Reek play so much Backyard football. 

I don't like the trade, but I do GET IT. I would've done the same if Reek wanted to be the highest paid WR in the league. 

Let's GO!