Tyreek Hill Trade????

1 minute ago, Mr Ev said:

There’s, let’s say, pressure from the wife, to be in a more exotic locale that suits her lifestyle.  He’s not a fan of Bienemy, don’t let the public facade fool you either.  

Well she can always go and live there at any time. They can afford a place anywhere during off season etc. Birney I bet is really on a tight leash with what he can do this year. He wont be around next year. Mahomes will get his way over EB.

2 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

if bieniemy is being forced open him, i wouldn't blame him a bit. but please god dont be true, him and kelce are all we have now

Mahomes will force his way out in the next 2-3 years if this keep going the same way.  There’s internal talks amongst nfl players and I’m just lucky to have that insider.

Just now, Lamardirts said:

So we are getting a 29th and 50th pick and their 4th and some meh picks next year.   Would have rather had one of those jets picks to grab a sure fire starter.    Watch Veach package both of our firsts to move down to the top 10 and we draft a wr that isn't as good as Hill.   I was pretty patient and optimistic until now.  I know we can reload and maybe that was the plan all along.   Just seems like this offseason has been a disaster.

Use the cap space now to get Scantlin and maybe Landry. Could also go after a RT, DE or DT. Been hearing about Gilmore at CB woth Peterson mentioned too

Well fuck. I get that Hill is 28. Plus we could not give him the deal below. That's just stupid. I just wish we got a little more out of it when we effectively controlled him the next 3-years. 

The Dolphins, in addition to giving Hill a four-year, $120 million extension that averages $30 million per year, with $72.2M guaranteed -- a new record for wide receivers, have dealt a 2022 first-round pick, 2022 second-rounder, 2022 fourth-rounder, 2023 fourth-rounder and 2023 sixth-rounder to Kansas City in exchange for the wideout. 

Just now, Mr Ev said:

Mahomes will force his way out in the next 2-3 years if this keep going the same way.  There’s internal talks amongst nfl players and I’m just lucky to have that insider.

So can you use the insider info for making bets? Lucky to be in the gossip loop? Define lucky.

31 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Omg we got almost nothing for him. A low first and second this year are good the 4th and next year 4th and 6th are meaningless.

That's a haul...  he only had one year left on his deal.  5 picks, plus 18 million back on the salary cap books.  Remember Adams only got a 1st and a 2nd.  

Just now, AFCWEST said:

So can you use the insider info for making bets? Lucky to be in the gossip loop? Define lucky.

I wish.  I’m just telling you what some qb’s around the league are saying.

1 minute ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

anyone here have the feeling there are some people here (not to name names) that are payed by the chiefs social media team to be overly optimistic about any and every move the chiefs make no matter what.

I am not paid if you are inferring to me. Nothing they can do when they offer similar money and he still said no. 5 picks for him is better than what Adams deal got. Adams is better imo. This draft is also very good at WR and deep. Remember Hill was a 5th round pick. I am also a fan that knows no matter what bitching I do, I can't change anything they do.

Just now, Mr Ev said:

I have 2  NFL buddies and they both say that when they have their QB coffees that Mahomes says he is happy AF.  

26 minutes ago, Biggjliv4 said:

Hard to believe that had we waited a bit longer that another team would have jumped in with a higher pick than the dolphins. Besides the jets. 

According to Schefter, they've been talking to teams for the last several days...

3 minutes ago, Mr Ev said:

Not going to happen. Talk is all that others can say, but no way does chiefs let mahomes go unless it is for a swap of franchise qbs and 5 first and 5 2nd round picks for their next 5 years of draft picks. Even then I doubt it.

2 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Use the cap space now to get Scantlin and maybe Landry. Could also go after a RT, DE or DT. Been hearing about Gilmore at CB woth Peterson mentioned too

We have more flexibility now for sure.  Seems like this might be a soft rebuild.  Can't imagine Mahomes is happy with this decision though, but to be fair Hill and Mahomes don't hang out much outside of the team do they?   

18 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

No.  But I'm saying if they have equal value, it should be a trade that would be considered.  There's nobody with number 1 overall that would consider trading it for those picks.  

Agreed. But I like the value here. It's clear this team wants to get younger, cheaper, and get more quality depth. 

You can't replace Hill. But if they drafted a WR in rd 1 and a safety and/or LB in rds 2-4 with these picks it could mean having competent players on the field rather than Niemann and Sorenson.

Its a net win. They are playing the long game. I was pissed because free agency was slow. This is why. They are playing chess.

13 minutes ago, Mr Ev said:

My buddy is a qb in the nfl.  He told me that there was talk amongst some qbs in the league that Mahomes wants to eventually to Miami.  I was told he isn’t happy behind the scenes with KC after the past few seasons.

So if Mahomes isn't happy behind the scenes in KC then why would he desire to go to Miami which hasn't been relevant or functional since Dan Marino played there? Just saying.

1 minute ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Agreed. But I like the value here. It's clear this team wants to get younger, cheaper, and get more quality depth. 

You can't replace Hill. But if the drafted a WR in rd 1 and a safety and/or LB I'm rds 2-4 with these picks it could mean having competent players on the field rather than Niemann and Sorenson.

Its a net win. They are playing the long game. I was pissed because free agency was slow. This is why. They are playing chess.

Is there any chance that this move puts the chiefs to a more balanced offense?  Running the ball sure would be nice.