Tyreek Hill Trade????

3 minutes ago, DieHard said:

That is a tough one. So many round 1 busts. I think I would take the 2 at the end of the first. Hope one of them hits. Granted it’s a less athletic player.

I would take a swing on trading up to 10 and grabbing a young TJ Watt, Nick Bosa or Kahil Mack that would be here for at least the next 5 yrs. It's alwyas a crap shoot, but it is the draft and you can't win if you don't play!

39 minutes ago, ClarksvilleChief said:

Guess we wait and see what rabbit Veach pulls out of his hat. Thus just made the rest of free agency and the draft that much more interesting for us all.

Veech and is consoling Hunt who’s curled up in the fetal position on the floor as we speak.  

• Round 1, 29 overall (via Miami)
  • Round 1, 30 overall
  • Round 2, 50 overall (Via Miami)
  • Round 2, 62 overall
  • Round 3, 94 overall
  • Round 3, 103 overall (Compensatory)
  • Either Round 4, Pick 121 or Pick 125 (Miami owns both, one is going to KC in trade).
  • Round 4, 135 overall
  • Round 7, 233 overall (Hughes trade)
  • Round 7, 243 overall (Durant trade)
  • Round 7, 251 overall
  • Round 7, 259 overall (Compensatory)

2 picks in each of the first 4 rounds now plus 4 7ths.

Well, depending on how the draft falls, we could draft a DE with one or our 2 picks, and my question is this, could we still get that reciever out of Alabama in the 2nd?  It's only 20 picks later?   Or package 2 2nds to move up to the top of the 2nd to get him? We could still sign a couple in FA, but then we have a piece waiting in the wings that is a top 10 talent that we got in the 2nd?

4 minutes ago, arrowhead said:

Wishful thinking if you think DK would take that.

I know Hill set the market but Metcalf is not top 5 atm so I think it seems pretty fair at $21M a year.  Maybe only 4 years so he would get a new contract sooner?

29 minutes ago, artsy said:

I would take a swing on trading up to 10 and grabbing a young TJ Watt, Nick Bosa or Kahil Mack that would be here for at least the next 5 yrs. It's alwyas a crap shoot, but it is the draft and you can't win if you don't play!

According to some reports the Jets offered the 10th and extra.  That pick is probably worth all the Dolphins picks so even if it was a 3rd or 4th that Gail would have been better and we would have gotten a DE that could probably start day 1.   Not sure now.

Just now, Lamardirts said:

According to some reports the Jets offered the 10th and extra.  That pick is probably worth all the Dolphins picks so even if it was a 3rd or 4th that Gail would have been better and we would have gotten a DE that could probably start day 1.   Not sure now.

Later reports amended that the Jets never offered a 1st this year.

from what I've read, the jets would not offer any higher value than what the 29th pick was worth. In other words, they didn't even offer a 1st rd pick.

3 minutes ago, artsy said:

from what I've read, the jets would not offer any higher value than what the 29th pick was worth. In other words, they didn't even offer a 1st rd pick.

Nfl network said they offered a 10th and something late. The fact Miami offered, per point value, the 1st overall pick made it a no brainer.

6 minutes ago, xen said:

Yeah that one fucked it up for everybody

And at the end of the day it’s really a 3/67 million dollar deal so like 22.5ish per.   Feels like something is not tight within the organization.   Gotta believe Mahomes was in the loop here…or was he.  Was their some truth to the EB/Mahomes drama.  I found it strange Mahomes never (to my knowledge) come out and refute the allegations that were made about EB.  

I also can’t fathom why we didn’t take the Jets #10 and whatever else they were offering.   That pick alone is more than the entirety of the Dolphins haul plus that team is far closer to competing with us than the Jets. 🤷‍♂️

And at the end of the day it’s really a 3/67 million dollar deal so like 22.5ish per.   Feels like something is not tight within the organization.   Gotta believe Mahomes was in the loop here…or was he.  Was their some truth to the EB/Mahomes drama.  I found it strange Mahomes never (to my knowledge) come out and refute the allegations that were made about EB.  

I also can’t fathom why we didn’t take the Jets #10 and whatever else they were offering.   That pick alone is more than the entirety of the Dolphins haul plus that team is far closer to competing with us than the Jets. 🤷‍♂️

Didn’t see you comment to this report being amended.   You can never replace Hill but maybe Veach can draft us into a new 5-6 year window.   Gotta hit on these picks though.