Tyreek Hill Trade????

1 minute ago, Lamardirts said:

And at the end of the day it’s really a 3/67 million dollar deal so like 22.5ish per.   Feels like something is not tight within the organization.   Gotta believe Mahomes was in the loop here…or was he.  Was their some truth to the EB/Mahomes drama.  I found it strange Mahomes never (to my knowledge) come out and refute the allegations that were made about EB.  

I also can’t fathom why we didn’t take the Jets #10 and whatever else they were offering.   That pick alone is more than the entirety of the Dolphins haul plus that team is far closer to competing with us than the Jets. 🤷‍♂️

because they didn't

2 minutes ago, artsy said:

Exactly. The dude is a half billion dollar qb. He's not supposed to have to be surronded by HOF skill positions. He should be able to make average players better. 

I think the likes of Joe Montana and many others would disagree. He had HOFrs surrounding him

8 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I think the likes of Joe Montana and many others would disagree. He had HOFrs surrounding him

Curious

How many skill players did Brady have around him all those years? I mean Gronk and..... I know some will say Moss but he had him just for 2 years was it and no SB win? 

1 minute ago, kkuenn said:

Curious

How many skill players did Brady have around him all those years? I mean Gronk and..... I know some will say Moss but he had him just do 2 years was it and no SB win? 

1 QB does not make it soo  but it's not worth arguing, just look at HOF QB's and more than likely they had 1-2 HOFrs playing  around him for  their more successful years. 

2 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

1 QB does not make it soo  but it's not worth arguing, just look at HOF QB's and more than likely they had 1-2 HOFrs playing  around him for  their more successful years. 

Oh I agree, but I think Mahomes, like other hof qbs, will make players hof type too. Kelce with mahomes, as good as he was, is now cemented as a hof with Mahomes

6 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Chiefs still have hofers playing around him. Kelce, oline etc.

chiefs will be just fine 

24 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Reports say chiefs offered to make him the highest paid wr- he left.

bye. 
he will miss pat more than pat will miss him.

I’ve been listening to the radio and watching Twitter all day, and I’ve not seen or heard anywhere that the chiefs were willing to make him the high paid receiver. It has been said they had a deal all but bailed for like 4 years 90 million when the Adams contract blew up the deal. There’s no way I believe the chiefs were willing to give Hill more than half the quarterbacks in the nfl on a per year basis. 

1 hour ago, artsy said:

I would take a swing on trading up to 10 and grabbing a young TJ Watt, Nick Bosa or Kahil Mack that would be here for at least the next 5 yrs. It's alwyas a crap shoot, but it is the draft and you can't win if you don't play!

Maybe. Say we trade up to 10 to take TJ Watt who went at 30. We could be way wrong. Some nobody’s were draft well ahead of him. 

3 minutes ago, moons314 said:

I’ve been listening to the radio and watching Twitter all day, and I’ve not seen or heard anywhere that the chiefs were willing to make him the high paid receiver. It has been said they had a deal all but bailed for like 4 years 90 million when the Adams contract blew up the deal. There’s no way I believe the chiefs were willing to give Hill more than half the quarterbacks in the nfl on a per year basis. 

I'm glad they didnt. If reek was 24 or 25 yrs old, probably. But he will be 30 next year, and his greatest asset is his speed. Well, we all know that 30 yrs old and "speed" don't typically go together..

One has to wonder if this is really what Hill wanted or did aggressive agents get in his ear?  Hill is giving up a probable HOF slot and a chance at more SBs along with playing with a QB that seemed to sync up with him. Will his life really be different if he makes $75 million instead of $65 million?  Are bragging rights about being the highest paid worth that much?  Guess only Hill knows.

The Chiefs got good value for Hill and save a ton of cap space.  Long term, they are doing the right thing.  Keep the elite QB and stay younger and cheaper around him.  Veach always trades to move in the draft so it's hard to know where they'll fall but I'll bet he will have verbal deals to move up to get the DE or WR in the top 20 or higher.  What would #29 and #50 get?  Six top one hundred picks is a pretty good reload, but Veach won't keep all of them.  I think the Chiefs tood a small step back this year to make a big step forward down the road.  

I love Tyreek Hill. He is getting 120 million contract extension. Sorry guys, but that is too much dollars. He is good, but at that price we probably are going to have a hard time building a championship roster. I i.agine Tyreek told them the compensation he wanted and it was too much and he likely would have held out.  I think the Chiefs made the correct move.  Perhaps Reid now will embrace a more balanced attack and we adapt the offense accordingly. Teams may not  continually play two deep safety. I think our opportunity in this draft with 2 1st, 2 2nd 2 3rd, 2 4th round picks really allows us to field a lot better team. Let's not forget this also gives us 21 million more in cap space. And more cap space in following years. We will have the ability to get younger. While we cannot replace Hill, I do not think we will have as much of a drop-off losing hi. As some might think. The overall net gain for the Chiefs outweighs the loss of Hill.  For Miami, I do not think history will look at this trade as being favorable, while the Chiefs have the opportunity hear to get better as lo g as Veach hits on the picks we received.

2 minutes ago, jetlord said:

One has to wonder if this is really what Hill wanted or did aggressive agents get in his ear?  Hill is giving up a probable HOF slot and a chance at more SBs along with playing with a QB that seemed to sync up with him. Will his life really be different if he makes $75 million instead of $65 million?  Are bragging rights about being the highest paid worth that much?  Guess only Hill knows.

The Chiefs got good value for Hill and save a ton of cap space.  Long term, they are doing the right thing.  Keep the elite QB and stay younger and cheaper around him.  Veach always trades to move in the draft so it's hard to know where they'll fall but I'll bet he will have verbal deals to move up to get the DE or WR in the top 20 or higher.  What would #29 and #50 get?  Six top one hundred picks is a pretty good reload, but Veach won't keep all of them.  I think the Chiefs tood a small step back this year to make a big step forward down the road.  

I think Hill wanted the BAG! There was deal on the table that him and KC had come to terms on....And then the Adams deal went down and Reek said no to KC. Why not go for the loot? He has a ring and now he wants finacial stability. He knows his window is closing, so why not get all you can? Hell, I would..

1 minute ago, artsy said:

I think Hill wanted the BAG! There was deal on the table that they had come to terms on....And then the Adams went down and Reek said no to KC. Why not go for the loot? He has a ring and now he wants finacial stability. He knows his window is closing, so why not get all you can? Hell, I would..

Don't you think the Chiefs offer would give Hill financial stability?  Even an average financial advisor could take that contract and earn Hill $5 million/year for the rest of his life. 

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

according to the talking head on the radio that 29 & 30 pick should  get us a top 10 pick. I 'd rather have that than a 29 &30

Who is the pick?  Jermaine Johnson?  

I'm not sure i would want that pick over those two.