Tyreek Hill Trade????

5 hours ago, arrowhead said:

If we move up for a WR, take Wilson or Olave from OSU. (I hope it's not a WR)

love those two... either one would produce immediately.

that said... I want an elite edge rusher

but it's always a gamble cough tyson jackson cough

3 hours ago, VIChiefsFan said:

I really hate to see Tyreek go and I don't think we will be able to replace him, however it is probably best in the long run.  In addition to the picks, freeing up the cap space this year will be huge.  We had no good way of addressing our pass rush with the current cap.  I wish we made this trade a little earlier so we would have been in the mix for the top edge rushers.

They can replace him as a group. The right group. 

19 minutes ago, timmy_6262 said:

31 mil a year. That's how this works, next big contract will top the last one. 

Technically its a 3/75m deal for Hill.   That is 25m per year in real numbers.   But I agree the next guy will want the appearance of a 31 million per deal.   

Ok, I'm off work now and feel more comfortable typing about this without people looking over my shoulder, wondering what I'm doing or watching.  

l heard about this at work, and it kind of shook me a little. I mean, I kind of thought it may happen, but it still surprised me. I really hate losing Hill because he was an incredible talent that the Chiefs found and developed.  

This kind of reminds me of the Jared Allen trade some. Besides Glen Dorsey I think the Chiefs did well with that trade as far as draft picks. The problem is they still didn't have the QB, enough talent, and coaching staff to fully take advantage of it. 

I think this will will work out well for the Chiefs in the in the long run. Veach just has to do his thing, it's all on him and Reid now.

I understand the business side of things and maybe this is something that neither side wanted originally but may end up being a blessing in disguise.  For me it is a little unnerving.  Mahomes is amazing for sure but there are things that Hill can do that no one else has ever been able to do.  That house call vs the Bills in the playoffs off a normal MOF catch is something only he can do because of that acceleration and speed.  Mecole as fast as he is can't do that imo.   With that said, the Patriots did this sort of thing often and always reloaded and they drafted like crap a lot of those years.  They just knew how to develop guys and turned a lot of UDFA's and low key FA signings into something special.  I think Andy and crew can do the same thing.

13 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

I understand the business side of things and maybe this is something that neither side wanted originally but may end up being a blessing in disguise.  For me it is a little unnerving.  Mahomes is amazing for sure but there are things that Hill can do that no one else has ever been able to do.  That house call vs the Bills in the playoffs off a normal MOF catch is something only he can do because of that acceleration and speed.  Mecole as fast as he is can't do that imo.   With that said, the Patriots did this sort of thing often and always reloaded and they drafted like crap a lot of those years.  They just knew how to develop guys and turned a lot of UDFA's and low key FA signings into something special.  I think Andy and crew can do the same thing.

If you're talking about the route were he caught it in stride running across the middle, I agree, but disagree to an extent. Other wideouts probably wouldn't have took  it to the house, but I still think it would have been a big gain. That play looked like a staple of the old WCO and I loved it. 

We just need to find someone smart enough to run it, and I think they can. Having said that, the Chiefs really need someone who can pressure the QB constantly to get the defense off the field. 

He was one of the greatest Chiefs ever and the greatest spark for overall team energy and fun of them all.  He epitomized the early Mahomes era. He made everyone better and made everyone laugh. His end zone celebrations were the best, but nothing can top that one last season where he grabbed the pom poms from a cheerleader and did the pom pom dance just like the girls do it. Now he gives us the ultimate gift by leaving us with 30 million dollars on the cap and a shitload of draft choices. Plus, he stays out of our division. Thanks for the memories and the parting present, Cheetah.  The next great era is about to begin in KC with all that draft capital and Veach driving the bus. In two seasons we will really see dominance, just as the rest of the AFC West runs into cap hell.  The Donkeys will finally break their 13 game losing streak to the Chiefs this coming season and then will begin the next 13 game losing streak.

6 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Now he gives us the ultimate gift by leaving us with 30 million dollars on the cap and a shitload of draft choices. Plus, he stays out of our division.

THIS^^^

11 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

I agree with the most but not sure about taking a step back for 2022. For whatever reason WRs need to spend time learning this system but with a couple proven veterans added to the mix Chiefs can simply play the numbers game at receiver and may be we see more emphasis to the run which could elevate this offense immensely. 

It always made me feel a little uncomfortable to have so much riding on one player or two or three, any one who could disappear in the middle of a season at any time with an achilles or other injury, with no way to compensate for it during the same season.  That uncomfortable reality was worse each year as age makes injury more likely. Any injury to PM, Kelce, or Hill would leave the rest of the players and the fans in a state of shock and deflated hopes. We have been so lucky that they stayed healthy together for 4 years. It will hurt in a major way for awhile for HIll to be gone, but I would rather see a more balanced team that is not so dependent on one side of the ball, with that side dependent on three guys all being healthy at the same time. I really believe that with Reid at the helm and Veach getting the players with all that capital, they will acquire the tools and eventually the chemistry to regain their performance by the end of next season and resume their dominance by 2023. Pat will win us another couple of super bowls.  I think this change of direction happened at exactly the right time.  My only real worry now is that Mahomes may not adjust his gunslinger compulsion enough to fully command a more balanced offense. I know that sounds like heresy, but the real longer term future depends on Mahomes developing more balance in his decisions on whether to throw on a certain RPO and to whom when the pressure is bearing down on him. His decisions really disappointed me in 2 or 3 tight games last season. He has all the tools, but can he really become a Brady with different types of teams surrounding him? 

1 minute ago, Fmbl2187 said:

It always made me feel a little uncomfortable to have so much riding on one player or two or three, any one who could disappear in the middle of a season at any time with an achilles or other injury, with no way to compensate for it during the same season.  That uncomfortable reality was worse each year as age makes injury more likely. Any injury to PM, Kelce, or Hill would leave the rest of the players and the fans in a state of shock and deflated hopes. We have been so lucky that they stayed healthy together for 4 years. It will hurt in a major way for awhile for HIll to be gone, but I would rather see a more balanced team that is not so dependent on one side of the ball, with that side dependent on three guys all being healthy at the same time. I really believe that with Reid at the helm and Veach getting the players with all that capital, they will acquire the tools and eventually the chemistry to regain their performance by the end of next season and resume their dominance by 2023. Pat will win us another couple of super bowls.  I think this change of direction happened at exactly the right time.  My only real worry now is that Mahomes may not adjust his gunslinger compulsion enough to fully command a more balanced offense. I know that sounds like heresy, but the real longer term future depends on Mahomes developing more balance in his decisions on whether to throw on a certain RPO and to whom when the pressure is bearing down on him. His decisions really disappointed me in 2 or 3 tight games last season. He has all the tools, but can he really become a Brady with different types of teams surrounding him? 

AGREE 100% Excellent take.

5 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Like West, I agree 100%!

I kinda just posted the same type of response in a different thread. KC has the offensive personnel and coaching staff to morp the offense and still remain highly effective, however based on the struggles we saw last year, I'm just don't feel good about how long it will take Reid and Pat to adjust. 

I mean, hell...we have a damn good run blocking oline and neither EB, Pat or Andy really wanted to commit to the run game. Even when everyone could see it...

Like I said in another thread..Reid took Alex Smith and a crew of average players and lead the NFL in offense. He CAN do it again. However, I really hope they can build a defense that can also contribute this time around..

3 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I agree, and share the concern you mentioned about Mahomes. What gives me hope is he was starting to do it at the end of the season. He was doing it in AFCC in the first half. 

Not sure what happened and don't won't to open old wounds, because we'll most-likely will never know. I just hope he realizes he may have to play small ball all game in some situations. He seems like a smart kid, and I think he can do it. 

7 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

AGREE 100% Excellent take.

I too agree. I do not wish injury in Hill, but he may be due for one and it might be this year. He has the same stature that worried all of us.

Thing is he will be thrown to more underneath I believe due to Tua, which means more risk and hits.Then we will see all the post thanking the front office for not extending him etc.

6 minutes ago, Troyofoc said:

E1D25E7E-72DF-4D7E-8C23-7FBCD8A70F05.thumb.jpeg.5a6a42f11b7b86525d1ffd0016795bd1.jpegAnd in this case ✌️ To you Mr Hill thanks for all the accomplishments. Brett now do your thing with the picks.

They had been talking about this on the Soren Petro podcast for weeks. When Hill turned down the restructure a season ago, that was a red flag to them. 

I like Chadiha, he's as logical as you can be when covering sports and particularly the Chiefs. It's hard to hear sometime, but factual. 

12 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

My only real worry now is that Mahomes may not adjust his gunslinger compulsion enough to fully command a more balanced offense. I know that sounds like heresy, but the real longer term future depends on Mahomes developing more balance in his decisions on whether to throw on a certain RPO and to whom when the pressure is bearing down on him. His decisions really disappointed me in 2 or 3 tight games last season. He has all the tools, but can he really become a Brady with different types of teams surrounding him? 

The Hill magic was already being adjusted to by other defenses.  There's the chance that there will be more opportunities if the Chiefs have more legitimate targets that can't all be double covered.  And Hardman and one of the new FA signings have plenty of speed for the occasional deep ball.  No one will replace Hill, but the offense isn't dying without him.  Six years ago, you were predicting that Hill wouldn't stay out of trouble long enough to be productive for the Chiefs.  Six years later, six all-pro seasons, and enough to net a ton of draft picks  Thank you, Tyreek.  Time to move on and watch a different but effective offense and a beefed up defense. 

The Athletic's Nate Taylor believes the Chiefs offense without Tyreek Hill "will utilize running backs such as Clyde Edwards-Helaire more as receivers."

Taylor said Mecole Hardman will take over as the team's primary downfield threat and Travis Kelce "will still receive plenty of targets in the middle of the field, but the Chiefs’ offense will likely have to be more methodical instead of relying on its ability to have a quick-strike attack through Hill." We saw the Chiefs go from the league's premiere quick strike offense to a dink-and-dunk unit that used Hill, the team's backs, and Kelce in the intermediate part of the field as opposing defenses dropped two safeties deep. That led to Patrick Mahomes posting the NFL's lowest air yards per attempt in the second half of the season. Edwards-Helaire's pass-catching role will depend on whether Kansas City re-signs Jerick McKinnon, the team's most effective RB in 2021. Chiefs running backs in 2021 saw a combined 20 percent target share.

13 hours ago, qnet said:

I like Chadiha, he's as logical as you can be when covering sports and particularly the Chiefs. It's hard to hear sometime, but factual. 

This. I miss hearing him on the radio, best hour of Chiefs talk there was