Tyreek Hill Trade????

3 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

It may be the most famous play for the younger guys, but the league would say that Hank Stram's 65 Toss Power Trap that won Superbowl IV was the Chiefs most famous play.

Stram's call was certainly the most famous up until the wasp, but the wasp turned the game around and won it for the Chiefs.  Not sure if the Chiefs would have lost SB4 even without 65TPT.  Without the wasp play, the game was nearly certainly lost.   Good fireside argument I suppose. 

3 hours ago, Balto said:

Meh that game wasn't even close and the only reason 65 toss power trap is famous is because of Stram being mic'ed up.

Yes it was a great moment in Chiefs history but not really for the actual play but because it was the first time a HC had a mic on during the Super Bowl and how he called the play.  

Wasp has that exact same "mic" player/coach talking about the play but the actually completion of the play was much much much greater value with Wasp than 65 TPT

You're probably right. I think the Stram call was famous because of the mic, as you say.  But the post I mentioned was about famous and nothing else.  Some day, the  the Wasp may be more famous, but currently that is true only in Kansas City among fans less than geriatric age :lol:

65 Power toss trap is from 1969. It’s historically relevant because, for the first time NFL films history, they miked up a coach in a championship game. 
of course stram didn’t cave so easy to the request without monetary compensation. According to Sabol Stram requested some, “Coin of the realm..” which ended up being a like five thousand dollars. He balked when they offered less than a grand. 
Supposedly he implied that one of his suits cost more than their initial offer. 
Jet Chip Wasp is magical. After being behind by double digits in every playoff game to have that Montana/Brady like miracle play to get back from the hole they were in?? Man, I think Jet Chip Wasp is more important now. 

14 minutes ago, gochiefsgo said:

65 Power toss trap is from 1969. It’s historically relevant because, for the first time NFL films history, they miked up a coach in a championship game. 
of course stram didn’t cave so easy to the request without monetary compensation. According to Sabol Stram requested some, “Coin of the realm..” which ended up being a like five thousand dollars. He balked when they offered less than a grand. 
Supposedly he implied that one of his suits cost more than their initial offer. 
Jet Chip Wasp is magical. After being behind by double digits in every playoff game to have that Montana/Brady like miracle play to get back from the hole they were in?? Man, I think Jet Chip Wasp is more important now. 

I was way off on the compensation lol. 
here’s a link. 
https://www.nola.com/sports/saints/article_f5653135-7877-5478-9bac-4241e7da3c95.html