Fixing the Tyreek Hole in our offense

4 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

I think this was the only choice. Who would KC have needed to cut or lose next year if they gave Hill 30 million per year? Who can they sign or extend now?

Imagine if Hill and his 30 million is hurt. KC can ad 3-4 decent players for that money and got 5 picks. Not a risky move to me. A clear and brilliant move by KC. Im sure Reid had to approve this move so its not all on Veach.

You can’t have 75 million between your qb and one wr.  It royally fucks the cap structure and you end up deficient in other areas. 

16 minutes ago, Palangi said:

I think his ceiling at this point is a decent WR2 which is perfectly fine with me. We need that size and Mahomes could utilize his athletic ability quite a bit. 

The Chiefs should replace Hill with a high draft pick (Williams, Olave, Wilson) and moderate FAs, (JuJu, Landry).  The whole point in letting Hill walk was to save cap space for fixing the defense while getting younger with rookie contracts.  Why let Hill go rather than playing him this year if the cap savings are going to be all spent on vets? 

40 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

I think this was the only choice. Who would KC have needed to cut or lose next year if they gave Hill 30 million per year? Who can they sign or extend now?

Imagine if Hill and his 30 million is hurt. KC can ad 3-4 decent players for that money and got 5 picks. Not a risky move to me. A clear and brilliant move by KC. Im sure Reid had to approve this move so its not all on Veach.

Not disagreeing with any of that and i agree Andy did have to sign off on it.   

33 minutes ago, DieHard said:

I would hate to see us knee jerk and over pay. This trade hurts us on 2022. But helps us beyond that. Let’s draft a WR and Edge in the first and let the chips fall where they may. 

The WR class is deep and judging by Veach's history, we can expect him to move up in the draft.  So packaging a first and a second day pick to grab an instant starter at edge and still getting a first round WR is very possible.  No way do I expect Veach to pick six times on the first two days of the draft.  

1 hour ago, Joe_Chief said:

Teams have figured out how to neutralize Tyreek with the 2 high shell, and he also had his share of drops, several of which turned to INT's.  Not saying he isn't great, but was no longer the weapon he was a few years ago.

Yes and I think its more that teams know Reid wont commit to running the ball.

1 minute ago, jetlord said:

The WR class is deep and judging by Veach's history, we can expect him to move up in the draft.  So packaging a first and a second day pick to grab an instant starter at edge and still getting a first round WR is very possible.  No way do I expect Veach to pick six times on the first two days of the draft.  

Just hope we don't get a WR like we did last time taking one in the 1st round.

Fucking Baldwin.

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Sly Mo and D Bowe didn't exactly set the offense on fire.  

Sly Mo had moments before injuries derailed him.  He could’ve been a really good possession receiver in the league if he could’ve stayed healthy imo

Man, I’d much rather pick 6 times in the first two days than start packaging multiple picks.  We are in a great position to add some important pieces for cheap. 

53 minutes ago, moons314 said:

Man, I’d much rather pick 6 times in the first two days than start packaging multiple picks.  We are in a great position to add some important pieces for cheap. 

I hear you, but five picks in the top 100 would still be sweet especially if moving up in the first meant getting Olve, Williams, Karlaftis, or Wyatt.  Maybe take a chance on Ojabo.  What I don't want to see is moving up for second/third round picks that Veach just can't resist like Hardman or the big bust DT several years ago.  If giving up a third and first to move up to #20 or better gets an instant starter at a critical position, then I say go for it.

If we want one of the elite talents regarding defensive line we probably will have to move up. At #29 you are looking at Mafe from Minnesota. Ojabo could still be there but won't play this year. Who else could be there that's worth the pick?

I hear you, but five picks in the top 100 would still be sweet especially if moving up in the first meant getting Olve, Williams, Karlaftis, or Wyatt.  Maybe take a chance on Ojabo.  What I don't want to see is moving up for second/third round picks that Veach just can't resist like Hardman or the big bust DT several years ago.  If giving up a third and first to move up to #20 or better gets an instant starter at a critical position, then I say go for it.

Fuck that I'm moving up for Jameson Williams.  Damn the torpedoes, bitches, and lets roll!