How the Chiefs Blew a Dynasty Window (in short)

4 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Agree:

Dynasty? Andy Reid has proven he is not an elite coach. He gets out coached in and during the biggest games. Mahomes is the reason Andy has more success.

So Beli-cheat is the #1 reason NE is always competitive. If Bill was the KC head coach the Dynasty would be a reality. 

Definitely, getting to 4 conference title games in as many years and winning half of those for 2 SB appearance is a successful thing but in reality the SB wins are the only things that count over time so for a dynasty they still have some way to go. Reid can still improve as a coach as well as Veach as a GM. However I like the emphasis on keeping the franchise QB in town for an extended period of time while willing to part with lesser positions that don't warrant the cost of keeping them. 

2 hours ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

if anyone here actually believes pat watching average QB alex smith play for a season is what made him the most talented QB in history then i might have to give up

Lol, Mahomes has said and continues to say how much Smith helped him in preparation,  reading defenses etc. There is more than watching him just play. Man you are a negative poster and your argument is refuted by Mahomes himself.

12 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Lop, Mahomes has said and continues to say how much Smith helped him in preparation,  reading defenses etc. There is more than watching him just play. Man you are a negative poster and your argument is refuted by Mahomes himself.

I mean what is mahomes going to say “yeah it was a complete waste of time for me to sit and go against the wishes of the team that drafted me and i learned nothing all year.”

time to be positive though you are right I will take note for the future

43 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Agree:

Dynasty? Andy Reid has proven he is not an elite coach. He gets out coached in and during the biggest games. Mahomes is the reason Andy has more success.

So Beli-cheat is the #1 reason NE is always competitive. If Bill was the KC head coach the Dynasty would be a reality. 

sometimes  you leave me speechless. I would counter with everybody that is anybody in the NFL would say your head is soo far up your ass you have to pull corn out of your ears upon removal or was that Mr Hand talking?

8 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

I mean what is mahomes going to say “yeah it was a complete waste of time for me to sit and go against the wishes of the team that drafted me and i learned nothing all year.”

Mahomes came in raw. He had to learn to get his foot work right,  reads, the offensive playback etc. Everyone said it was a great place for him to go here and learn/sit for a year. I am sure almost 95% and up of us agreed. I am sure you were one of those that wanted Mahomes future right away though? Sitting and learning was a great thing for him. So much that when they saw how he progressed they were ready to move on from Smith and trade him.

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

sometimes  you leave me speechless. I would counter with everybody that is anybody in the NFL would say your head is soo far up your ass you have to pull corn out of your ears upon removal or was that Mr Hand talking?

Thanks for all your amazing insight and quality communication skills. 

1 hour ago, AFCWEST said:

Agree:

Actually he is an elite coach. We went from 2-14 to 11-5 in one year. With Alex Smith. Who does that? 4 straight title games with 2 different teams. 

Bill had the best QB in the league playing at an average salary. He may be a better coach, I don’t think so, but even if you say that, Reid doesn’t lose elite status by being the second best coach in the league. That just doesn’t make sense. 

2 minutes ago, DieHard said:

Actually he is an elite coach. We went from 2-14 to 11-5 in one year. With Alex Smith. Who does that? 4 straight title games with 2 different teams. 

Bill had the best QB in the league playing at an average salary. He may be a better coach, I don’t think so, but even if you say that, Reid doesn’t lose elite status by being the second best coach in the league. That just doesn’t make sense. 

Yes I guess based on that I agree. Reid is elite. So I will reset by saying BIll B is a level above the rest of the NFL Coaches.

Idk Pls Reblog This Will Ferrell GIF

9 minutes ago, DieHard said:

If you ain't first, you're last!

I will put my positive hat on and say Reid is an elite coach, i would actually take him over bellichick, who has so far proven to be a disaster without brady. Reid has proven to be above average with almost any QB.

this is why i think we had a legit chance to win multiple superbowls the last 5 years and why im actually very positive on what the chiefs were doing despite what some are saying.

elite coach

elite qb on a rookie deal

elite wr on a team friendly deal

elite tight end on team friend deal

elite d tackle on rookie deal for several seasons

this is 99% of what is needed to be unstoppable 

all they needed was to hit on a few other decisions and it just didn’t pan out. Doesn’t mean the world is ending, simply i have moved my hopes to wanting to win another title before pats career is over. 3 years ago i was hoping to win 6+ titles.

6 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Yes I guess based on that I agree. Reid is elite. So I will reset by saying BIll B is a level above the rest of the NFL Coaches.

I agree about belly.  I don’t like him. I think he’s a little bit a product of Brady. But he did some damn good things. Definitely elite.

7 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

I will put my positive hat on and say Reid is an elite coach, i would actually take him over bellichick, who has so far proven to be a disaster without brady. Reid has proven to be above average with almost any QB.

this is why i think we had a legit chance to win multiple superbowls the last 5 years and why im actually very positive on what the chiefs were doing despite what some are saying.

elite coach

elite qb on a rookie deal

elite wr on a team friendly deal

elite tight end on team friend deal

elite d tackle on rookie deal for several seasons

this is 99% of what is needed to be unstoppable 

all they needed was to hit on a few other decisions and it just didn’t pan out. Doesn’t mean the world is ending, simply i have moved my hopes to wanting to win another title before pats career is over. 3 years ago i was hoping to win 6+ titles.

We use to hope to get into the playoffs and win just a game let alone a home game. I was in the stands for that playoff win against Indy and man was it a monkey off our back. Now do we not only want to get into the playoffs but we want to win our division and get homefield advantage. We have done that 4 years straight playing at home only. 2 SBs, one win and another possible sb if not for a penalty. We are now wanting to be in the sb every year and win more. How far we have come.

5 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Idk Pls Reblog This Will Ferrell GIF

If you ain't first, you're last!

😂  After sitting through some two and 14 seasons, I will respectfully disagree. I definitely hear what you’re saying though. Are used to celebrate when we made the playoffs. Now I cry when we don’t win the Super Bowl.

1 minute ago, kkuenn said:

We use to hope to get into the playoffs and win just a game let alone a home game. I was in the stands for that playoff win against Indy and man was it a monkey off our back. Now do we not only want to get into the playoffs but we want to win our division and get homefield advantage. We have done that 4 years straight playing at home only. 2 SBs, one win and another possible sb if not for a penalty. We are bow wanting to be in the sb every year and win more. How far we have come.

That was beautifully said. 

2 minutes ago, DieHard said:

😂  After sitting through some two and 14 seasons, I will respectfully disagree. I definitely hear what you’re saying though. Are used to celebrate when we made the playoffs. Now I cry when we don’t win the Super Bowl.

What I just said above your post. This post was a tongue in cheek about Reid not being elite.

19 hours ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

He brings it up unprompted even today.  If he didn't feel that way he wouldn't say it unless asked 

15 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

These weren't backups. They were his starters. 

Still is not relevant to now. Hey I dont even like Brady or the Patriots. Bill would win more with this roster going forward than Reid. I like Reid and Im glad he is in KC. He has been outcoached in the AFC Champ Game and Last Superbowl. He stunk it up.

1 hour ago, AFCWEST said:

Still is not relevant to now. Hey I dont even like Brady or the Patriots. Bill would win more with this roster going forward than Reid. I like Reid and Im glad he is in KC. He has been outcoached in the AFC Champ Game and Last Superbowl. He stunk it up.

Let's see Billy Bob win anything without Brady.  He's doing a pretty good job of getting stinky himself.

38 minutes ago, xen said:

Let's see Billy Bob win anything without Brady.  He's doing a pretty good job of getting stinky himself.

The point was he had Brady and would win more championships than Reid if he had Mahomes and this KC team.. I guess I could say Reid would have won less championships as the NE Coach with Brady. I dont like Billy BOy and dont want him in KC. No question he is the better head coach.

17 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

The point was he had Brady and would win more championships than Reid if he had Mahomes and this KC team.. I guess I could say Reid would have won less championships as the NE Coach with Brady. I dont like Billy BOy and dont want him in KC. No question he is the better head coach.

Brady got Bruce Freakin Arians a championship and he shouldn't have sniffed one.  And he was over the hill when he did it.  I think you're underestimating just how good Brady was.

I mean I was right there with ya 10 years ago but I think the jury is now in on the Brady vs Belichick debate.

There is no question that Belichick is a great coach.  But I don't think there's that much difference between Belichick and Andy except Bill is obviously a great D coach and Andy a great O coach.

1 minute ago, xen said:

Brady got Bruce Freakin Arians a championship and he shouldn't have sniffed one.  And he was over the hill when he did it.  I think you're underestimating just how good Brady was.

I mean I was right there with ya 10 years ago but I think the jury is now in on the Brady vs Belichick debate.

There is no question that Belichick is a great coach.  But I don't think there's that much difference between Belichick and Andy except Bill is obviously a great D coach and Andy a great O coach.

Good points. Not underestimating how good Brady is or Mahomes. I think KC would win more championships with Bill & Mahomes. Dont want it just sayin.