Tyreek Hill vs Mecole Hardman

I don't think anyone has mentioned that Tyreek has been  an exceptional route runner?

Hardman has world class speed, why can't he "take the lid" off of defenses as well?

My guess is that the Chiefs will give him that opportunity this year barring no other elite WR is brought in>

w

8 minutes ago, West said:

I don't think anyone has mentioned that Tyreek has been  an exceptional route runner?

Hardman has world class speed, why can't he "take the lid" off of defenses as well?

My guess is that the Chiefs will give him that opportunity this year barring no other elite WR is brought in>

w

He does not have to be Hill Part Two he is that deep threat that opens things up underneath.

42 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

I know they are similarly fast, but Tyreek seems much faster on the football field.  Not sure why.  

Unmatched acceleration and much better agility. Hill can stop and start as if he has been resting for 10 minutes and can keep up the speed even while making some cuts to any direction. 

Lets see how the departure of Hill changes or maybe re-focuses hardman. You never know how people react when a opportunity arises. I'm very interested in how this team is going to be constructed before kick off of the regular season. Further to that, how Reid is going to change/ alter our offense without Hill. Maybe not a lot not sure. I'm also wondering how defenses will be playing us now. Dropping into coverage? With Hill gone Im not sure now. More man to man as there's no one that we currently have that would force a team to double except Kelce. 

Interesting times ahead for our chiefs. 

14 hours ago, Holmes4six! said:

Lets see how the departure of Hill changes or maybe re-focuses hardman. You never know how people react when a opportunity arises. I'm very interested in how this team is going to be constructed before kick off of the regular season. Further to that, how Reid is going to change/ alter our offense without Hill. Maybe not a lot not sure. I'm also wondering how defenses will be playing us now. Dropping into coverage? With Hill gone Im not sure now. More man to man as there's no one that we currently have that would force a team to double except Kelce. 

Interesting times ahead for our chiefs. 

I don't think there will much change. We had a glimpse of it a couple years ago when Tyreek was injured, and we were still marching up and down the field. If there is a change to the O, I hope we see Reid run the ball more. 

2 hours ago, timmy_6262 said:

Hill's ability to go from 0 to top speed in a few steps along with changing direction without losing speed is what made him truly great. Hardman doesn't have that. 

Yep, Hardman has good pure speed but plays at an average speed due to the other aspects. He could turn into a deep threat but I'm worried that his ceiling may be an "offensive weapon" similar to DMC. Hopefully he makes a huge leap this year, we could use a shifty guy at WR.

Something i found intersting in Hill v Hardman is Hardman had more yards after contact than Hill almost by 100 yds with close to half the receptions.  Y/R and catch rate were almost identical as well.  

I'm by know way saying Mecole is just as good or even close to being as good as Tyreek i just thought some of the numbers were interesting

Just now, Okiechief1 said:

Something i found intersting in Hill v Hardman is Hardman had more yards after contact than Hill almost by 100 yds with close to half the receptions.  Y/R and catch rate were almost identical as well.  

I'm by know way saying Mecole is just as good or even close to being as good as Tyreek i just thought some of the numbers were interesting

Partly because Hill is untouched so many times I would think.  

31 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

Partly because Hill is untouched so many times I would think.  

Yep, Hill creates quite a bit of separation before the throw. Also Hill is used less on the runs out of the backfield that count as passes as opposed Hardman which do provide some boost when there's some contact.

One negative I could say about Hill is that he never really broke tackles. Hill wasn’t a big guy but was put together. For being an ex-running back, he seemed to avoid contact and run out of bounds a lot. Having said that, he was good at making catches in traffic. One advantage of having bigger WRs is the YAC being caused by breaking a tackle vs. outrunning everyone. That’s why speed AND size is what every coach wants.

4 hours ago, reesebobby said:

In 2013, Andy Reid had the 6th highest scoring offense with Alex Smith throwing to Dexter McCluster, Dwayne Bowe and Donnie Avery.  

Great point. 
but with Alex Smith I was always shitting my pants on 3rd and long. With mahomes not so much at all. 
Hopefully that is still the case.