1 hour ago, xen said:

With Veach's history at that position, what makes you think he has to spend a 1st round pick at CB?

I think it’s most likely that a corner comes out of the 3rd round.  I could also see Veach grabbing anothet corner in one of the last 3 rounds, a project that primarily plays special teams as a rookie.  Those first four picks are most likely a receiver and a pass rusher, then two wild cards. I could honestly see 2 of our top 3 picks being rush ends. 

2 minutes ago, moons314 said:

I think it’s most likely that a corner comes out of the 3rd round.  I could also see Veach grabbing anothet corner in one of the last 3 rounds, a project that primarily plays special teams as a rookie.  Those first four picks are most likely a receiver and a pass rusher, then two wild cards. I could honestly see 2 of our top 3 picks being rush ends. 

We grabbed or signed some practice squad cb too I thought?

5 minutes ago, moons314 said:

Veach likes to deal. I think the first four picks turn into two picks. I see him moving up not back.

7 minutes ago, moons314 said:

Yeah that would not surprise me.  The only thing that would surprise me is getting out of day two with no edge players.   Other than that, I think Veach will continue to plug holes with FA's and just go find the best players he can in the draft.  Huge draft for him.

1 minute ago, xen said:

Yeah that would not surprise me.  The only thing that would surprise me is getting out of day two with no edge players.   Other than that, I think Veach will continue to plug holes with FA's and just go find the best players he can in the draft.  Huge draft for him.

Huge draft indeed. Hopefully he hits on them. 
I’m not sure how the departure of ryan poles hurts our talent evaluation. I think he majored in o lineman. Not sure

14 minutes ago, xen said:

There has to be some interior defensive linemen in there somewhere, right?  Reed is gone, we resigned Nnadi, but isn't that the only movement inside?  I haven't looked much into the draft yet, but I wonder if there's an outside chance that we go defensive tackle with one of the 4 picks in the first 2 rounds?  Isn't Jones contract in flux beyond 22-23?  A high pick on an interior guy might be a hedge on that beyond this year. 

33 minutes ago, moons314 said:

There has to be some interior defensive linemen in there somewhere, right?  Reed is gone, we resigned Nnadi, but isn't that the only movement inside?  I haven't looked much into the draft yet, but I wonder if there's an outside chance that we go defensive tackle with one of the 4 picks in the first 2 rounds?  Isn't Jones contract in flux beyond 22-23?  A high pick on an interior guy might be a hedge on that beyond this year. 

Jones has two more years.  I expect we may extend him.  He'll still be younger than Aaron Donald is now and Rams want to redo his contract to extend.

It would not surprise me if they like a DT if they grab him.  Maybe Wyatt I guess?  We do have an out after this year on CJs contract but his cap hit actually goes down next year.  

1 hour ago, moons314 said:

I like that idea. 

3 hours ago, xen said:

Why would anyone lock themselves in on a certain position at any pick in a draft this deep?   I mean it makes sense to me too lol, but veach is smarter than me

They don't have to ....that's just me projecting. Go for BPA on your draft board but it should be a position of need. First round we know the Chiefs aren't drafting a QB, RB, TE, OL, K, P.....probably not drafting a LB in the first. What does that leave? They might pick Edge back to back.....but I doubt it.

2 minutes ago, dhitter said:

They don't have to ....that's just me projecting. Go for BPA on your draft board but it should be a position of need. First round we know the Chiefs aren't drafting a QB, RB, TE, OL, K, P.....probably not drafting a LB in the first. What does that leave? They might pick Edge back to back.....but I doubt it.

Veach is trading up. Who do you think he is targeting?

4 hours ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Use all 4 7th rounders to move into the 4th for someone we evaluate highly and call it a day

I don't believe four sevenths will net a fourth.  They might be used to move up in the fourth or package several for a sixth.  We should get a pool going on how many picks Veach actually uses next month.  The over/under would probably be about eight. 

2 hours ago, dhitter said:

Edge, CB, WR should be in the first four picks barring some FA splash.  S, cover LB, RT, IDL are areas of need.  Just have to wait until FA is done to guess. 

7 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

Veach is trading up. Who do you think he is targeting?

I'm still stuck on Veach's statement about fixing the Dline. It would make sense to go after edge then. It is a deep class and I have no doubt the Chiefs could get a solid edge rusher at 29 but elite? 

13 hours ago, Thegoatee said:

Rumor weed: Niemann and Sorensen coming back on one year deals to bolster the defense and special teams with Super Bowl caliber experience. They will start over rookies drafted in round 7.

If they are brought back it is my hope that they will be nothing more than tackling dummies and cut after training camp!

19 hours ago, xen said:

Jones has two more years.  I expect we may extend him.  He'll still be younger than Aaron Donald is now and Rams want to redo his contract to extend.

It would not surprise me if they like a DT if they grab him.  Maybe Wyatt I guess?  We do have an out after this year on CJs contract but his cap hit actually goes down next year.  

.  Can you imagine Wyatt and Jones playing side by side?  Throw in Ingram and a first round DE on passing downs and the line could go from below average to top 10.  Veach could do it if he used his extra second day picks.  Wyatt is one of my favorite possible picks. 

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

.  Can you imagine Wyatt and Jones playing side by side?  Throw in Ingram and a first round DE on passing downs and the line could go from below average to top 10.  Veach could do it if he used his extra second day picks.  Wyatt is one of my favorite possible picks. 

I like Logan Hall as well on day 2.  Also a bit of a chess piece who can play up and down the line.  Both Wyatt and Hall probably better in the pros than college with the right scheme.   Neither are probably built to play full time outside though.

47 minutes ago, xen said:

I like Logan Hall as well on day 2.  Also a bit of a chess piece who can play up and down the line.  Both Wyatt and Hall probably better in the pros than college with the right scheme.   Neither are probably built to play full time outside though.

I want mostly defense like the rest of you but I got a semi for the wr Christian Watson in the 2nd.