2 hours ago, jetlord said:

.  Can you imagine Wyatt and Jones playing side by side?  Throw in Ingram and a first round DE on passing downs and the line could go from below average to top 10.  Veach could do it if he used his extra second day picks.  Wyatt is one of my favorite possible picks. 

Yeah....I think Wyatt could be a beast. Early on I saw some mocks that had him going to the Chiefs. Now everyone it seems has him going in the early 20's. I've even seen the teens. 

21 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Should KC move up and get him?

Wyatt next to Jones would be awesome.  I would love for him to be our first round pick.  I know we need DE, and probably WR and DB but having that interior would be a nightmare for offenses.

38 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Should KC move up and get him?

If they want him they probably will need to....but I have no idea who Veach covets in Rd 1. This will be the most interesting draft we have had since 2017.

I mean last year's draft was overall a home run. But just from a possibilities standpoint this one will be more fun I think.

3 hours ago, xen said:

I like Logan Hall as well on day 2.  Also a bit of a chess piece who can play up and down the line.  Both Wyatt and Hall probably better in the pros than college with the right scheme.   Neither are probably built to play full time outside though.

Wyatt wouldn't play outside.  He's a 3 tech and a beast there.  Look at some of his college tapes.  If the Chiefs got Wyatt and a starting edge early in the draft, I'd be a happy fan. 

On 3/24/2022 at 4:26 PM, kkuenn said:

All this activity now. Product of the Thuney restructure and Hill trade. Plus if we keep all 12 picks.....man our depth will be good and we will get younger.

they'll use some to trade up

1 hour ago, mex said:

they'll use some to trade up

I think the most picks used by Veach in any draft is six, usually less.  Here's predicting that he packages some of the second day picks to move up in the first or second  Maybe throw a fourth in to move up in the second or third round.  Veach likes to wheel and deal and he has plenty of ammo this time. 

16 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

I don't think we should move up for anyone except a sure fire DE.

Agree stand pat or maybe move down if the board warrants great value. We have all these picks and need cheap talent to keep us as a top team with Pat’s contract going up. But will say the cap looks to be jumping up fast which definitely helps.

Imagine if Brett hit’s with the rate he did in last years draft. 🤞🏼

On 3/29/2022 at 12:20 AM, Lamardirts said:

I don't think we should move up for anyone except a sure fire DE.

The Chiefs can't reasonably move up enough to get a "sure fire" DE, but they could move up for Karlaftis, Johnson, or Ojabo, all of whom could be gone by 29.  They could move up for WR Olave or Williams (possibly) using a second.  Yeah, they have a lot of holes to fill, but they need to fill a few critical ones with high quality draftees.  With 12 picks, moving up is inevitable with Veach.  

53 minutes ago, jetlord said:

The Chiefs can't reasonably move up enough to get a "sure fire" DE, but they could move up for Karlaftis, Johnson, or Ojabo, all of whom could be gone by 29.  They could move up for WR Olave or Williams (possibly) using a second.  Yeah, they have a lot of holes to fill, but they need to fill a few critical ones with high quality draftees.  With 12 picks, moving up is inevitable with Veach.  

Agree although 5 are 7th round picks. 

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Most recent mocks I've seen have J. Johnson going anywhere from 8-12. In order to move up that far we would have to give up a ton. Love the player but probably out of reach. Not a huge Karlaftis fan. Guy doesn't have much bend IMO. I could see going up to get Williams. He is that good and Chiefs have enough receivers to let him rehab. 

1 minute ago, dhitter said:

Most recent mocks I've seen have J. Johnson going anywhere from 8-12. In order to move up that far we would have to give up a ton. Love the player but probably out of reach. Not a huge Karlaftis fan. Guy doesn't have much bend IMO. I could see going up to get Williams. He is that good and Chiefs have enough receivers to let him rehab. 

I think the Chiefs could get to about #16 (Philly) with their late second.  Might be worth it if Williams is still on the board or if Johnson falls.  I would even do it for Wyatt. 

Just now, jetlord said:

I think the Chiefs could get to about #16 (Philly) with their late second.  Might be worth it if Williams is still on the board or if Johnson falls.  I would even do it for Wyatt. 

Agree on all of that.

45 minutes ago, dhitter said:

I'd take karlaftis if he falls.  Spags doesn't care that much about bend and karlaftis is decent with that anyway.  Not great but he has a little bend to him.  Where I think he'll lose Spags is length, which Spags absolutely does want.   But guys have been successful in NFL with a combination of strength and being a technician, which is pretty much Karlaftis' M.O.

1 hour ago, xen said:

I'd take karlaftis if he falls.  Spags doesn't care that much about bend and karlaftis is decent with that anyway.  Not great but he has a little bend to him.  Where I think he'll lose Spags is length, which Spags absolutely does want.   But guys have been successful in NFL with a combination of strength and being a technician, which is pretty much Karlaftis' M.O.

Maybe I phrased it poorly. It's not that I think Karlaftis is a bad DE. He has good hand usage, explosion and power. It's the things he isn't that concern me. You mentioned length. He also can be a subpar run defender. Long armed tackles have been able to neutralize him especially when he gets his pad level too high. I wonder how his skills will translate to NFL level competition.

2 hours ago, dhitter said:

Maybe I phrased it poorly. It's not that I think Karlaftis is a bad DE. He has good hand usage, explosion and power. It's the things he isn't that concern me. You mentioned length. He also can be a subpar run defender. Long armed tackles have been able to neutralize him especially when he gets his pad level too high. I wonder how his skills will translate to NFL level competition.

Typically guys that are technicians figure it out if they have any athletic ability.

20 hours ago, dhitter said:

If he is there in the 2nd, I would take a chance.  He seems like a Spags guy.  But, no way I use a 1 on him.

18 minutes ago, SEMO said:

If he is there in the 2nd, I would take a chance.  He seems like a Spags guy.  But, no way I use a 1 on him.

Agree....but I seriously doubt he's there in the 2nd. Anything is possible but I've seen a couple hundred mocks and he always goes in the first. More like what you are looking at by round two are guys like Mafe, Ebiketie, Logan Hall, etc.