Scantling signs 3 year deal

23 hours ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

I repeat, WHY do we care what we pay someone.  It's not our team, our money, or our JOB.  I could care less how much $ someone gets if they can help us.  We have some of the best cap people in the league, and I'll let those that get paid to do that job do it, as they are much better than I.  What i want to see is good players and another SB.

Because forums like this are a way for many of us to put the GM hat on and live out our fantasy scenarios.  You are one of the most active people on here.  And the reason I car is because even with cap magic, every extra dollar someone gets more than they deserve, is a dollar taken away from someone that may have been able to help us even more....if we had the money.

I mean, people in here speak about literally every chiefs related contract that comes in, whether its an extension, a free agent, or what a former chief got paid to go elsewhere.  Why have I never seen you make this argument until now?  Like you I want to see good players and a superbowl. 

But to your question, why do i care?  Well...  lets say they overpay this MVS by 3 mill against the cap, and they overpay clark 3 million against the cap, and they overpay someone like hitchens 3 mill, and this goes on and one.  Well, those overpays add up to players we missed out on that would have made MORE of a difference in our team.

Hopefully that sums it up...

1 minute ago, WichitaZRide said:

Because forums like this are a way for many of us to put the GM hat on and live out our fantasy scenarios.  You are one of the most active people on here.  And the reason I car is because even with cap magic, every extra dollar someone gets more than they deserve, is a dollar taken away from someone that may have been able to help us even more....if we had the money.

I mean, people in here speak about literally every chiefs related contract that comes in, whether its an extension, a free agent, or what a former chief got paid to go elsewhere.  Why have I never seen you make this argument until now?  Like you I want to see good players and a superbowl. 

But to your question, why do i care?  Well...  lets say they overpay this MVS by 3 mill against the cap, and they overpay clark 3 million against the cap, and they overpay someone like hitchens 3 mill, and this goes on and one.  Well, those overpays add up to players we missed out on that would have made MORE of a difference in our team.

Hopefully that sums it up...

Oh, I assure you, I get WHY people do, and hey, it's a forum.  More power to you.  I just choose not to concern myself with the cap side.  If the Chiefs say they can afford it, go do it.   I just want the best players!

1 minute ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

Oh, I assure you, I get WHY people do, and hey, it's a forum.  More power to you.  I just choose not to concern myself with the cap side.  If the Chiefs say they can afford it, go do it.   I just want the best players!

You just concerned yourself when you started whining about other people whining.  😁