Packers and Chiefs vs Raiders and Dolphins

Miami is the biggest shocker. They gave nearly a whole draft and still paid FA money. Raiders nearly as bad. That’s why they are who they are I suppose. 

Poor Rogers. At least the Chiefs are doing what they can to have a WR group. GB should trade Rogers and get on with the rebuild. 

1 hour ago, azchief21 said:

Many people I've heard think the Chiefs are going to be battling the #1 overall pick next year after losing Hill. "Hill made Mahomes" 🤣

Seen a stat with Mahomes playing without Hill.

4-1, 63% comp, 374 ypg, 8 TDs, 1 INT, 103 QB rating.

Yeah, he sucks without Hill

2 hours ago, azchief21 said:

Many people I've heard think the Chiefs are going to be battling the #1 overall pick next year after losing Hill. "Hill made Mahomes" 🤣

Wishful thinking on the part of Chiefs' haters.  With a top O-line, the top QB, a top coach, and the best TE in the game, the Chiefs won't be a bad team.  They may not dominate this fall, but they won't collapse. 

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

Wishful thinking on the part of Chiefs' haters.  With a top O-line, the top QB, a top coach, and the best TE in the game, the Chiefs won't be a bad team.  They may not dominate this fall, but they won't collapse. 

I agree. I think it will take a step back in 2022, but we are going to be set up for years with a good draft. Edge and S and CB. That is what we need now. I don’t care about RT, we have 3 guys to compete. WR is a need but if we can’t stop anyone, it won’t matter. I trust Andy and Pat to move the ball. BPA is always the way to go. If an all pro is sitting there who is not interior Oline, we need him.

7 hours ago, reesebobby said:

Two of the historically best run organizations traded WRs to two of the worst.  Those two poorly run organizations then gave out stupid big contracts and gave up a lot of draft picks.  

Sucks bad to lose Hill, but if I had to side with organizations ima go with the Packers and Chiefs.  

Well this historically well run org did the same a few years ago with Frank Clark so......

I don't ever have a problem with paying an elite player what they are worth.  I think the problem is trading picks and paying through the nose.   Its like double paying.  Frank Clark far more than Mahomes is one reason we didn't feel comfortable signing Hill.    

Hope Veach learned his lesson and it looks like he did.  

8 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Well this historically well run org did the same a few years ago with Frank Clark so......

I don't ever have a problem with paying an elite player what they are worth.  I think the problem is trading picks and paying through the nose.   Its like double paying.  Frank Clark far more than Mahomes is one reason we didn't feel comfortable signing Hill.    

Hope Veach learned his lesson and it looks like he did.  

Not paying Hill has everything to do with Hill and I doubt very little if anything to do with Clark's or any other contract.   KC has one of the best cap guys in the business, they could have made the numbers work if they really wanted to.

2 hours ago, xen said:

Not paying Hill has everything to do with Hill and I doubt very little if anything to do with Clark's or any other contract.   KC has one of the best cap guys in the business, they could have made the numbers work if they really wanted to.

Miami Dolphins are the chumps here.  They already had a #1 receiver and spent a ton of cap space and five future draft picks for another.  It makes the Clark deal mild by comparison.  At least the Chiefs got a SB out of it.  Does anyone think Hill will boost Miami over the Bills?  The Chiefs had no choice.  Hill was gone next year for nothing more than a comp pick.  A team can overpay for QB, DE, CB, and OT.  All else is replaceable.   

I dont think we take a step back.. 

1. the oline.. kc has an oline.. thats played together for a  year..  and they managed to nearly make it to the superbowl without 1 returning starter on the oline.. 

Do you all understand that? You knoiw how rare that is?

2. more balance on the offense..  something more than speed, speed and more speed. 

3. money and picks for the defense. 

5 hours ago, xen said:

I agree but from the reports they weren’t willing to go that high.  All I was suggesting was if they Clark wasn’t on the books they might have been inclined to bump the money to top paid we.  You are right that if Hill wanted out then nothing we offered would have worked.   At the end of the day Hill might have done us a big favor by only caring about the money.

2 hours ago, robgar said:

1. the oline.. kc has an oline.. thats played together for a  year..  and they managed to nearly make it to the superbowl without 1 returning starter on the oline.. 

2. more balance on the offense..  something more than speed, speed and more speed. 

Imo it’s more transition than a step back.  I think the offense might be quite different but I expect the defense to be exponentially better.  Aside from the qb position, the 22 team will have different strengths than 21, but that doesn’t mean it can’t be as good or better.  It’ll probably be an unpopular opinion, but with how the offense trended last year, some change is a welcomed sight. Something was off with the offense last year, and changes are the first step towards getting it solved. 

13 hours ago, robgar said:

I do understand that. But you are comparing a year with massive additions to a year with massive losses. I would not have a bit of problem suffering through an in flux of rookies. It’s the smart play with the whole division sacrificing the future to win this year.

Need to use some of this cap space on more defensive signings. Get those high potential breakout types in if anything. We have signed a rb, wr and possible rumor to trade for another WR since Hill was traded. We have signed just one DT on the other side since then? I know we have draft to come but to get more experienced depth at least on the defensiv side would be wise imo.

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

Need to use some of this cap space on more defensive signings. Get those high potential breakout types in if anything. We have signed a rb, wr and possible rumor to trade for another WR since Hill was traded. We have signed just one DT on the other side since then? I know we have draft to come but to get more experienced depth at least on the defensiv side would be wise imo.

Rookies can play defense.  Allen, Poe, Carr, Flowers, Peters, and Bolton are examples.  Use the HIll picks to trade up and grab Wyatt, Karlatis, or Johnson or maybe Dax for instance and the D will improve quickly if they pan out.