Veach looking to acquire top wr via trade

4 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Just fyi

#Chiefs draft picks in 2022 and 2023:

2022 - 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 4, 4, 7, 7, 7, 7
2023 - 1, 2, 3, 3, 4, 4, 5, 6, 6, 7, 7 (projected), 7 (projected)

Brett Veach will have to opportunity to build the team his way with the next two drafts. Hitting on picks this year is a must.

Taken from a tweet response

If I know Veach, he's gonna use that bouquet of picks to trade up. 

The guy is a freak.

15 minutes ago, mex said:

Williams couldn't beat out Wilson or Olave. He's great, but would he be that much cheaper, draft pick-wise?

Don't listen to Mex.  He thinks all Ohio State players are gods.  🙂

I think some in this thread have unrealistic draft boards.  Williams, Wyatt, and Ojabo are all projected to go before #29.  If Veach wants a plug and play D-lineman or WR, he may have to use some of that considerable draft capital to go get them.  That's not a bad thing when he has six picks in the top 100 (103 for those nit pickers) and two more in the fourth.  This is the perfect opportunity to get better picks for a team that finishes so high in the standings.  I normally hate trading away day two picks, but in this draft, it makes more sense. JMHO 

14 minutes ago, jetlord said:

I think some in this thread have unrealistic draft boards.  Williams, Wyatt, and Ojabo are all projected to go before #29.  If Veach wants a plug and play D-lineman or WR, he may have to use some of that considerable draft capital to go get them.  That's not a bad thing when he has six picks in the top 100 (103 for those nit pickers) and two more in the fourth.  This is the perfect opportunity to get better picks for a team that finishes so high in the standings.  I normally hate trading away day two picks, but in this draft, it makes more sense. JMHO 

:lol: 

That's a bit of an exaggeration. That said, you think I'm high on Olave/Wilson... wait until you see what Smith-Njigba does this year.

The Chiefs would do just fine drafting a few Buckeye receivers. Or defensive ends. Or LBs.  Or TEs.

Veach could jump the board... he's got a few picks to trade.

Plus, we seem to do really well in the 3rd round. So those 2nd rd picks aren't all that much better.

1 hour ago, mex said:

:lol: 

That's a bit of an exaggeration. That said, you think I'm high on Olave/Wilson... wait until you see what Smith-Njigba does this year.

The Chiefs would do just fine drafting a few Buckeye receivers. Or defensive ends. Or LBs.  Or TEs.

Veach could jump the board... he's got a few picks to trade.

Plus, we seem to do really well in the 3rd round. So those 2nd rd picks aren't all that much better.

I would take Williams or either of the OSU receivers in a heartbeat.   They all need to eat a damn sammich though.  They don't make those in Ohio or what?

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Williams transferred from Ohio State to Alabama because he wasn't going to see the field sitting behind those guys.

3 minutes ago, arrowhead said:

Williams transferred from Ohio State to Alabama because he wasn't going to see the field sitting behind those guys.

Happens all the time. Look at Burrows as an example. Maybe Williams will be better even though he had to transfer?

29 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Happens all the time. Look at Burrows as an example. Maybe Williams will be better even though he had to transfer?

Sometimes it's the system.  Burrow is a great QB... but he's a pocket guy. Their offense required a mobile QB and Fields fit the bill.  xen has his reasons, but I'd take either Wilson or Olave over Williams.

That said, I'd be damned happy with Williams.

Hell I'm still holding out hope for Cornell Powell.

14 minutes ago, mex said:

Sometimes it's the system.  Burrow is a great QB... but he's a pocket guy. Their offense required a mobile QB and Fields fit the bill.  xen has his reasons, but I'd take either Wilson or Olave over Williams.

I still prefer a wr not coming off an acl.

1 hour ago, mex said:

Yeah my reason is Wilson will go too high for us to get near him.

Hell I saw 1 mock at CBS that had us trading both our 1's to take him at 10.  I mean with all the receivers in this draft that's a bit crazy.

1 hour ago, arrowhead said:

I still prefer a wr not coming off an acl.

Williams is the closest thing to Tyreek in this draft outside of the tiny kid from Memphis (Calvin Austin).  That's why he should be a target.  Can play Z or in the slot, and has the best late separation and deep ball tracking.  He makes DBs look silly.  

28 minutes ago, xen said:

Hell I saw 1 mock at CBS that had us trading both our 1's to take him at 10.  I mean with all the receivers in this draft that's a bit crazy.

yep...

FYI williams is actually predicted to be cleared before the start of camp. 

43 minutes ago, xen said:

Williams is the closest thing to Tyreek in this draft outside of the tiny kid from Memphis (Calvin Austin).  That's why he should be a target.  Can play Z or in the slot, and has the best late separation and deep ball tracking.  He makes DBs look silly.  

One of these two could be had in the third or fourth round. Lots of speed and good size. 

Velus Jones 6’ 200 4.31 forty.  

Danny Gray 6’ 200 4.33 forty.  

56 minutes ago, xen said:

Who's mock was that? Bejeebus, I may be locked onto Wilson, but I'm not nuts. Chris Simms doesn't have Olave or Wilson in his top 5 wr. 

3 minutes ago, arrowhead said:

Who's mock was that? Bejeebus, I may be locked onto Wilson, but I'm not nuts. Chris Simms doesn't have Olave or Wilson in his top 5 wr. 

heh... yeah I saw that. it was click-bait

he knows dissing that huge alumni base will generate the revs

49 minutes ago, Troyofoc said:

Am I the only 1 who likes Christian Watson. I will flip if we get him.

I like him as well. 
i know most are skeptical because of where he played college. But I don’t think that matters as most do. 

Cooper Kupp has done well. 

Jerry Rice and TO has great careers. 

3 hours ago, Palangi said:

One of these two could be had in the third or fourth round. Lots of speed and good size. 

Velus Jones 6’ 200 4.31 forty.  

Danny Gray 6’ 200 4.33 forty.  

Good find on that velus jones, reminds me of tyreek in some ways, looks promising.

danny gray doesn’t look as fast on the field to me. Velus seems to be a baller, im gonna add this guy to the list. 

i guess we all have to do draft research again, i was enjoying the last few years of not paying attention to prospects

8 hours ago, arrowhead said:

He made a wise decision.   We won't know if Olave and Wilson are better or if the OSU coaches wouldn't let the kid eat for a few seasons.   All three are talented guys and I would be happy with any of the three.