Chiefs moving?

15 minutes ago, xen said:

Lease goes to 2031.  I mean they can approach all they want but the fact remains that they're still Kansas and nobody goes there on purpose.

I hope you're right. Who knows, they may have a buyout clause. Money talks.

2 hours ago, arrowhead said:

Jackson County

They'll tear down Kauffman, build a new stadium with a retractable roof and host the Super Bowl in 2033.

Pretty much this. And develop the area around it to make it a year round attraction that hosts events like the final four...etc. Be good for the city overall. 

Royals stadium downtown will be as well. Our downtown has seen significant regrowth but there is still a lot of opportunity. 

2 hours ago, arrowhead said:

Jackson County

They'll tear down Kauffman, build a new stadium with a retractable roof and host the Super Bowl in 2033.

In that case I doubt Chiefs will be moving elsewhere. The city is due a new stadium and with the right stuff around it the county will benefit quite a bit as well. If it was an agreement with the city then I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted to move the entire complex somewhere a bit further away.

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

It may be those blood suckin', Jayhawk lovin/, worthless Kansas leeches that attend the games, but it's the hard working, God fearing, solid Jackson County property owners that pay for the venues.  Time for Johnson County, Kansas to pay their "fair share".  

yeah...good luck with that

I am also on the Kansas side (Topeka) and have been going to games for 30 years and I love Arrowhead. I'm in zero favor of tearing down the stadium I and we all love but sadly it's coming. Every team wants the shiny new stadium with less seats and more boxes because boxes make more money and that's the point. 

Would a new stadium add more events that the city could host....sure. Would I love a Super Bowl in KC someday hell yes I would but it's never going to happen in the current stadium. 

I honestly do feel bad for the voters over there in Missouri you are paying for a new airport that we will all use, a Royals stadium that we will all enjoy going to and someday a new Chief's stadium and other than when we come stay at a hotel for a husband and wife getaway I pay for none of it. 

I truly don't care where the stadium is I will go to games regardless but if they keep the stadium where it is can they do something, anything to the area around the stadiums because it's awful. There is a Dennys and a Taco Bell with what 2-3 hotels and is the Adam's Mark (if that's its name still) even open anymore? Ever since I was a kid all we would do is drive to the parking lot, maybe tailgate, go to the game and then drive home. I never thought anything about it but we lived 2 hours away when I was younger and I knew my dad wanted to get us home. 

I give the move about a 5% chance of happening. The only way it happens is if Kansas offers a ridiculous amount of money more than Missouri because like earlier its about making money. We all know where the most likely area it will be and it's across 70 from Legends and the Speedway. Access to 70, 435, and K-7 and a 5-10 minute drive to Legends which has access to many hotels and restaurants which then could get more events at a new stadium because once again....it's all about making more money. 

My hope is that they will keep the new stadium where it is and use the empty lot to add hotels, restaurants, and bars but it's a limited area. Someone needs to develop the area surrounding the complex. It's been 50 years and there is a Dennys and Taco Bell. 

Bottom line...no matter where the stadium is I will go to the games because I am a Chiefs fan through and through. 

15 minutes ago, timmy_6262 said:

I am also on the Kansas side (Topeka) and have been going to games for 30 years and I love Arrowhead. I'm in zero favor of tearing down the stadium I and we all love but sadly it's coming. Every team wants the shiny new stadium with less seats and more boxes because boxes make more money and that's the point. 

Would a new stadium add more events that the city could host....sure. Would I love a Super Bowl in KC someday hell yes I would but it's never going to happen in the current stadium. 

I honestly do feel bad for the voters over there in Missouri you are paying for a new airport that we will all use, a Royals stadium that we will all enjoy going to and someday a new Chief's stadium and other than when we come stay at a hotel for a husband and wife getaway I pay for none of it. 

I truly don't care where the stadium is I will go to games regardless but if they keep the stadium where it is can they do something, anything to the area around the stadiums because it's awful. There is a Dennys and a Taco Bell with what 2-3 hotels and is the Adam's Mark (if that's its name still) even open anymore? Ever since I was a kid all we would do is drive to the parking lot, maybe tailgate, go to the game and then drive home. I never thought anything about it but we lived 2 hours away when I was younger and I knew my dad wanted to get us home. 

I give the move about a 5% chance of happening. The only way it happens is if Kansas offers a ridiculous amount of money more than Missouri because like earlier its about making money. We all know where the most likely area it will be and it's across 70 from Legends and the Speedway. Access to 70, 435, and K-7 and a 5-10 minute drive to Legends which has access to many hotels and restaurants which then could get more events at a new stadium because once again....it's all about making more money. 

My hope is that they will keep the new stadium where it is and use the empty lot to add hotels, restaurants, and bars but it's a limited area. Someone needs to develop the area surrounding the complex. It's been 50 years and there is a Dennys and Taco Bell. 

Bottom line...no matter where the stadium is I will go to the games because I am a Chiefs fan through and through. 

Just go to Taco Bell, grab some tacos, then go to Dennys amd wrap em in pancakes.  Breakfast of champions

2 hours ago, timmy_6262 said:

I understand that there are TWO Taco Bell's in Topeka.  Can't top that!  Eat your heart out, Kansas City.

I live just south of Topeka in Wakarusa.  I think they should move here.  Think of the revenue!  It would make up for not allowing even medical marijuana in Kansas.  And it would be really far out, man, even by itself.

What I've understood without reading too much into it was basically moving to the Kansas part of KC due to lower costs but actually leaving KC would be extremely stupid unless Hunt wants to cash in going to some other big city market. I love the Chiefs in KC and they should remain there forever and obviously that means saying goodbye to Arrowhead but that's the reality we need to accept. I don't like the idea of having a dome though.

I agree with others that Kauffman stadium needs to be knocked down and moved to town town and Chiefs build a new stadium on the ashes.

They also need to put in a area with shops and food options like many of the NFL and MLB stadiums have now.

For example look at Arizona Cardinals stadium and having Westgate district next to it.

The stadium, parking and ALL of Westgate take up about 475 acres of space. If you look at a map the lot that Arrowhead and Kauffman are on is about 450-500 acres and could easily be built up in the model of a area LIKE AZ Cards stadium. Hotels, Shopping, food, movies all kinds of entertainment.

3 hours ago, Balto said:

I agree with others that Kauffman stadium needs to be knocked down and moved to town town and Chiefs build a new stadium on the ashes.

They also need to put in a area with shops and food options like many of the NFL and MLB stadiums have now.

For example look at Arizona Cardinals stadium and having Westgate district next to it.

The stadium, parking and ALL of Westgate take up about 475 acres of space. If you look at a map the lot that Arrowhead and Kauffman are on is about 450-500 acres and could easily be built up in the model of a area LIKE AZ Cards stadium. Hotels, Shopping, food, movies all kinds of entertainment.

They could even install a disadvantaged section where people who aren't trust fund babies can an afford to go to a game. That would be special.

5 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I understand that there are TWO Taco Bell's in Topeka.  Can't top that!  Eat your heart out, Kansas City.

I live just south of Topeka in Wakarusa.  I think they should move here.  Think of the revenue!  It would make up for not allowing even medical marijuana in Kansas.  And it would be really far out, man, even by itself.

Farther out than Area 52?!?

23 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

They could even install a disadvantaged section where people who aren't trust fund babies can an afford to go to a game. That would be special.

"You shouldn't have to be rich to enjoy something like this."

Seabiscuit (2003) - About the Movie | Amblin

35 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

OH great idea!  

Actually they should keep Arrowhead open AS IS and install a giant screen in the middle so people that can't afford the actual game can pay much less to still tail gate and watch the game on the screen haha