Chiefs moving?

30 minutes ago, moons314 said:

Am I the only one that thinks the nfl in general has an affordability problem?  A new stadium on either side is gonna result in more jacked up costs.  

You're not the only one.  With this project, the average Kansas Citian will be able to afford to watch them at home or from a special screen in a bar parking lot in Blue Springs.

13 hours ago, moons314 said:

Am I the only one that thinks the nfl in general has an affordability problem?  A new stadium on either side is gonna result in more jacked up costs.  

no  that was huge consideration after 40+ years of being a Season Ticket holder, had to donate many because  they were almost unsellable. You had to be real cautious about selling them  because you lose control of who sits n your seats and you are responsible for their behavior.

To be perfectly honest I dont see myself ever seeing a live game again just aint worth it IMO but more power to those who think differently. 

11 hours ago, oldtimer said:

no  that was huge consideration after 40+ years of being a Season Ticket holder, had to donate many because  they were almost unsellable. You had to be real cautious about selling them  because you lose control of who sits n your seats and you are responsible for their behavior.

To be perfectly honest I dont see myself ever seeing a live game again just aint worth it IMO but more power to those who think differently. 

Money really does ruin everything. Were the tickets almost unsellable because of the price? Or is it just the sum of the whole package?  I find the cost of parking to be one of the most loathsome things possible.  

Hypothetical. Interesting question. particularly for those in the Missouri/Kansas area. If the Chiefs would've have been one of the teams that moved to L.A. or Vegas would you remain a fan at the same level as you are now? When the Rams left L.A. my BIL hated them. Now that they are back, he still hates them.

13 hours ago, moons314 said:

I find the cost of parking to be one of the most loathsome things possible.  

Don't you realize how much expensive concrete is covered up and not even visible for over three hours? I didn't think so.

12 hours ago, moons314 said:

Money really does ruin everything. Were the tickets almost unsellable because of the price? Or is it just the sum of the whole package?  I find the cost of parking to be one of the most loathsome things possible.  

the last year tickets were $250 per seat  x's 4. They were altho 30 yrd line Gold Level  and then X's that by 10 because you have to pay for the preseason & Parking.. you get the idea and that was when Pioli was here  which added insult to injury. No idea what they'd cost now

On 3/31/2022 at 11:25 AM, Fmbl2187 said:

I understand that there are TWO Taco Bell's in Topeka.  Can't top that!  Eat your heart out, Kansas City.

I live just south of Topeka in Wakarusa.  I think they should move here.  Think of the revenue!  It would make up for not allowing even medical marijuana in Kansas.  And it would be really far out, man, even by itself.

I live 6 blocks from the Taco Bell on Wanamaker but last time I checked it closes at 8pm which to me is unreal.  So much for Eat Late or whatever their slogan was a few years ago.

14 hours ago, azchief21 said:

Hypothetical. Interesting question. particularly for those in the Missouri/Kansas area. If the Chiefs would've have been one of the teams that moved to L.A. or Vegas would you remain a fan at the same level as you are now? When the Rams left L.A. my BIL hated them. Now that they are back, he still hates them.

nope

14 minutes ago, timmy_6262 said:

I live 6 blocks from the Taco Bell on Wanamaker but last time I checked it closes at 8pm which to me is unreal.  So much for Eat Late or whatever their slogan was a few years ago.

On a per capita basis, Topeka has a higher concentration of authentic Mexican restaurants than KC, including all those great places on SW Blvd. It's just that they are located in the real Mexican areas of town, and most of the pasties don't go there.  The best real tacos in Topeka are found at Tacos El Guitarron, a little food truck, at 1234 S.E. California Ave. Try it.  I was being facetious about Taco Bell.

14 hours ago, azchief21 said:

certainly not and really dont think I'd be a fan of any team. I'd probably loath them as I do  all West Coast teams

50 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

On a per capita basis, Topeka has a higher concentration of authentic Mexican restaurants than KC, including all those great places on SW Blvd. It's just that they are located in the real Mexican areas of town, and most of the pasties don't go there.  The best real tacos in Topeka are found at Tacos El Guitarron, a little food truck, at 1234 S.E. California Ave. Try it.  I was being facetious about Taco Bell.

oh Taco Bell is awful food but every so often you just have to really abuse your body to keep it running right lol  Mexican food has never gone over well with my wifes stomach issues so its very rare we ever go out for it.  If we ever do we might have to check that out thanks.  Last time we went over on that side of town was to go to Lonnie Q's BBQ, the food is decent but I delivered food to the owner for years and he is a wonderful person and I am happy to help support him and his family and honestly the BBQ in Topeka has gone down really bad in the last 10 years.  Not that it was outstanding in the first place though but we all can't live in KC lol.

38 minutes ago, timmy_6262 said:

oh Taco Bell is awful food but every so often you just have to really abuse your body to keep it running right lol  Mexican food has never gone over well with my wifes stomach issues so its very rare we ever go out for it.  If we ever do we might have to check that out thanks.  Last time we went over on that side of town was to go to Lonnie Q's BBQ, the food is decent but I delivered food to the owner for years and he is a wonderful person and I am happy to help support him and his family and honestly the BBQ in Topeka has gone down really bad in the last 10 years.  Not that it was outstanding in the first place though but we all can't live in KC lol.

I know Lonnie.  He is great.  He was the BBQ guy at Harley Davidson on 21st and Topeka, Blvd, then opened up his own place.  He was one of the first food vendors at our jazz festival which took place at Harley-Davdson the first three year before moving to the Expocentre in 2007.  I was the executive director of that festival.  BTW, my stepmom in Kansas City  LOVES Taco Bell.  She is 89 y/o.  LOL.

I left K.C.when I was 18, so I don't really have a say in this. Moving the Royals downtown and rebuilding a new Chiefs stadium doesn't sound like a bad idea as far as bringing things up to were a lot of other cities are.  

I went to the downtown area of K.C a few years ago, and it is better than I remember it. Having the Royals down there would be nice. 

Having said that, I like the Truman sports complex and always thought it was a cool how they have it set up. It could stay just the way it is as far as I'm concerned. 

After they won the SB, I had wondered when this would come up. 

41 minutes ago, qnet said:

I left K.C.when I was 18, so I don't really have a say in this. Moving the Royals downtown and rebuilding a new Chiefs stadium doesn't sound like a bad idea as far as bringing things up to were a lot of other cities are.  

I went to the downtown area of K.C a few years ago, and it is better than I remember it. Having the Royals down there would be nice. 

Having said that, I like the Truman sports complex and always thought it was a cool how they have it set up. It could stay just the way it is as far as I'm concerned. 

After they won the SB, I had wondered when this would come up. 

Time doesn't stand still.  Sometimes that feels bad, and sometimes it feels good, but time doesn't care.  I was five years old when my uncle took me to a Kansas City Blues game at old Municipal Stadium on Brooklyn.  The Blues were a AAA farm club of the Yankees before the Athletics were a major league team at Municipal Stadium.  Actually, they were a disguised farm team for the Yankees who got to develop against major league competition.  The Yankees were the only team in baseball who had a farm club at the major league level, which is why they were so dominant.  The A's would develop players like Mickey Mantle and Roger Maris against major league competition and then "call them up" to New York, in what was called "a trade."  Then the old timers would go to KC, like stars from the 1950's. All the kids couldn't understand why players we loved were "traded" to the Yankees.  We were really yanked around.  All I can remember as a little kid at that Blues game was not being able to see anything, because all the fans (all men) wore hats...the same kind of 1950's style hat, and I couldn't see over them.  And I swear every single one of them smoked a cigar, and all I could smell was cigars.  There was not a woman to be found at the entire stadium.  What goes around comes around.  Brooklyn St. is , of course, only a little bit east of downtown.  It would be actually nostalgic to have the Royals downtown in the crossroads district. I'll always hate the Yankees until my last breath.

8 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Time doesn't stand still.  Sometimes that feels bad, and sometimes it feels good, but time doesn't care.  I was five years old when my uncle took me to a Kansas City Blues game at old Municipal Stadium on Brooklyn.  The Blues were a AAA farm club of the Yankees before the Athletics were a major league team at Municipal Stadium.  Actually, they were a disguised farm team for the Yankees who got to develop against major league competition.  The Yankees were the only team in baseball who had a farm club at the major league level, which is why they were so dominant.  The A's would develop players like Mickey Mantle and Roger Maris and then call them up to New York, in what was called "a trade."  Then the old timers would go to KC, like stars from the 1950's. All the kids couldn't understand why players we loved were "traded" to the Yankees.  We were really yanked around.  All I can remember as a little kid at that Blues game was not being able to see anything, because all the fans (all men) wore hats...the same kind of 1950's style hat, and I couldn't see over them.  And I swear every single one of them smoked a cigar, and all I could smell was cigars.  There was not a woman to be found at the entire stadium.  What goes around comes around.  Brooklyn St. is , of course, only a little bit east of downtown.  It would be actually nostalgic to have the Royals downtown in the crossroads district.

Those were great days.  My dad only took us to a game in "the city" about once every three years but it was always a highlight.  You must remember Bob Cerv, Bill Skowran, and Vic Power.  The Blues were a powerhouse.  Only error in you post is that Mickey Mantle never played for the A's.  He was a Yankee before the A's mover to KC.  Maris was traded to KC from Cleveland IIRC and had a good year or two here before being "traded" to the Yanks.  Hector Lopez and Ryan Duran also went the same route.  Thanks for the reminders. 

6 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Those were great days.  My dad only took us to a game in "the city" about once every three years but it was always a highlight.  You must remember Bob Cerv, Bill Skowran, and Vic Power.  The Blues were a powerhouse.  Only error in you post is that Mickey Mantle never played for the A's.  He was a Yankee before the A's mover to KC.  Maris was traded to KC from Cleveland IIRC and had a good year or two here before being "traded" to the Yanks.  Hector Lopez and Ryan Duran also went the same route.  Thanks for the reminders. 

I get chills when I read those names. It's like being 10 again.  You're right.  Mantle wasn't one of them.  It just seems like it.  There were just so many of them.

Remember Joe Demastri?

44 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I get chills when I read those names. It's like being 10 again.  You're right.  Mantle wasn't one of them.  It just seems like it.  There were just so many of them.

Remember Joe Demastri?

I think he was the A's SS when they relocated to KC.  The team was so bad that he was named to the all-stars since at least one player from each team got a spot.  1955 Joe batted .249 with 6 HRs and 37 RBIs.  And that was his best year. 

11 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Time doesn't stand still.  Sometimes that feels bad, and sometimes it feels good, but time doesn't care.  I was five years old when my uncle took me to a Kansas City Blues game at old Municipal Stadium on Brooklyn.  The Blues were a AAA farm club of the Yankees before the Athletics were a major league team at Municipal Stadium.  Actually, they were a disguised farm team for the Yankees who got to develop against major league competition.  The Yankees were the only team in baseball who had a farm club at the major league level, which is why they were so dominant.  The A's would develop players like Mickey Mantle and Roger Maris against major league competition and then "call them up" to New York, in what was called "a trade."  Then the old timers would go to KC, like stars from the 1950's. All the kids couldn't understand why players we loved were "traded" to the Yankees.  We were really yanked around.  All I can remember as a little kid at that Blues game was not being able to see anything, because all the fans (all men) wore hats...the same kind of 1950's style hat, and I couldn't see over them.  And I swear every single one of them smoked a cigar, and all I could smell was cigars.  There was not a woman to be found at the entire stadium.  What goes around comes around.  Brooklyn St. is , of course, only a little bit east of downtown.  It would be actually nostalgic to have the Royals downtown in the crossroads district. I'll always hate the Yankees until my last breath.

11 hours ago, jetlord said:

Must have been great experiences.  Wasn't that around the time Quantrill raided Lawrence?