Trade Idea based on rumors

So in February a few reports came out that KC is exploring a trade with the Jags for pass rusher Josh Allen.

Allen, was outspoken about not wanting to be a Jag last year and trade rumors started then.  Of course the staff has changed so who knows how he feels now.

One reason I think this could happen is because the Jags are sitting at #1 overall and are heavy favorites to spend that draft pick on Michigan's pass rusher Aidan Hutchinson.  Now you can say that a team can never have to many pass rushers BUT if Allen wants out and Jags are not sure if they want to pay him plus getting ready to have a very elite pash rusher in Hutchinson makes it a lot easier to move on from Allen and gain some draft capital to fill other much needed holes.

Josh Allen, 24 years old, 6'6 265lbs has played in 40 games and has 20.5 sacks!  Would hit the cap for about $3,6M this year and also have a 5th year option available for 2023.  Thus giving us two friendly cap years to find out if he would fit long term.  Have seen reports of a Orlando Brown type of trade, giving up our 1st and getting something back kinda thing.

The Jags also signed a bunch of WRs in FA and KC is being tied to trade talks for the super electrifying WR Laviska Shenault.  Would be extremely exciting to watch Shenault with Reid/Mahomes and add another WR that won't replace Hill BUT can replaced his side to side agility ability.

Shenault, 23 years old, 6'1 230lbs and would only be a cap hit of about $1.3M this year and $1.7M in 2023.  Again a young cheap option!  Reports have been from a 3rd rounder to a mid rounder to get him.

Here is my trade:

Chiefs get:

Josh Allen, DE

Laviska Shenault Jr, WR

Jags get:

#1.29

#3.103

#7.259

This trade would allow Veach to take care of his pass rush and get that extra WR, both at a low cost.  Veach could sit at #30 OR still look at trading up to get whoever he feels is best value instead of focusing on pass rusher or WR ONLY.

Jags have a very crowded WR room and have a super star pass rusher getting ready to join the team.  The Jags have other holes to fill and WR or DE won't be major ones going into the draft.  Gaining those extra picks will help fill out that roster even more.

OH and I'm sure Pederson owes it to Reid haha

46 minutes ago, Balto said:

So in February a few reports came out that KC is exploring a trade with the Jags for pass rusher Josh Allen.

Allen, was outspoken about not wanting to be a Jag last year and trade rumors started then.  Of course the staff has changed so who knows how he feels now.

One reason I think this could happen is because the Jags are sitting at #1 overall and are heavy favorites to spend that draft pick on Michigan's pass rusher Aidan Hutchinson.  Now you can say that a team can never have to many pass rushers BUT if Allen wants out and Jags are not sure if they want to pay him plus getting ready to have a very elite pash rusher in Hutchinson makes it a lot easier to move on from Allen and gain some draft capital to fill other much needed holes.

Josh Allen, 24 years old, 6'6 265lbs has played in 40 games and has 20.5 sacks!  Would hit the cap for about $3,6M this year and also have a 5th year option available for 2023.  Thus giving us two friendly cap years to find out if he would fit long term.  Have seen reports of a Orlando Brown type of trade, giving up our 1st and getting something back kinda thing.

The Jags also signed a bunch of WRs in FA and KC is being tied to trade talks for the super electrifying WR Laviska Shenault.  Would be extremely exciting to watch Shenault with Reid/Mahomes and add another WR that won't replace Hill BUT can replaced his side to side agility ability.

Shenault, 23 years old, 6'1 230lbs and would only be a cap hit of about $1.3M this year and $1.7M in 2023.  Again a young cheap option!  Reports have been from a 3rd rounder to a mid rounder to get him.

Here is my trade:

Chiefs get:

Josh Allen, DE

Laviska Shenault Jr, WR

Jags get:

#1.29

#3.103

#7.259

This trade would allow Veach to take care of his pass rush and get that extra WR, both at a low cost.  Veach could sit at #30 OR still look at trading up to get whoever he feels is best value instead of focusing on pass rusher or WR ONLY.

Jags have a very crowded WR room and have a super star pass rusher getting ready to join the team.  The Jags have other holes to fill and WR or DE won't be major ones going into the draft.  Gaining those extra picks will help fill out that roster even more.

OH and I'm sure Pederson owes it to Reid haha

Like the concept. 2 players that have NFL experience in two key areas that we need. 

We would have to give #29 and probably 62 and 103 for both and that might not be enough.   I'd be willing to do that though.  Both are cheap on rookie deals and we would still have 30, 50, 94, 121, and 135.   We fill a huge hole with a young ascending stud and add another talent to the wr room.   

If we can get away with a first and a 3rd this year and a third next year for both players, I could live with that. The question is why in the hell would Jacksonville do that. I am sure that we ha e asked about availability. Personally, I think we are better off using our draft picks. I believe we do need a veteran corner. Just don't think Veach wants to spend the $$$ for Gilmore or Bradbury Trade. 

11 minutes ago, Docbarnabee said:

The question is why in the hell would Jacksonville do that.

My thoughts exactly... they know what they have.  Pick #29 is not the best first round placement. But you never know unless you try.

32 minutes ago, Docbarnabee said:

If we can get away with a first and a 3rd this year and a third next year for both players, I could live with that. The question is why in the hell would Jacksonville do that. I am sure that we ha e asked about availability. Personally, I think we are better off using our draft picks. I believe we do need a veteran corner. Just don't think Veach wants to spend the $$$ for Gilmore or Bradbury Trade. 

I guess you didn't read the entire thread?