Chiefs/Jets Draft Day Trade

1 minute ago, jetlord said:

Just my take, but the only move up required would be for Wyatt.  All the others should be on the board at #29 and #30.  Mafe could be taken at the end of the first, but if so, there's other choices nearly as good.  Same with the WRs.  Lose out on the first choice?  Not that much drop off.  WRs are deep.  I've always assumed that the Chiefs would resign Ingram.  If they don't, that changes the whole scenario and they might have to move up for a higher rated EDGE. 

Agree, other than Mafe is rising and could go in the 20s.

Idk if I would trade up for any of the edges that will be left anyway.  But, I would definitely support a move up for Wyatt.  As they say, if you can’t add to your pass rush from the edge, add it to the middle.  And Wyatt is a disruptive SOB.  Jones and him would make a great pair.

3 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Three will probably go in the top ten.  After that, it's anybody's guess.  Where will Ojabo fall in?  How do teams rate Karlaftis?  Mafe could fall to #35 or later.  Will Clowney and Flowers be signed by some teams before the draft?  That's what keeps this time of year interesting.  

I see Hutch, Thibodeaux, Walker and Johnson all gone by 10.  Ojabo before the injury would have been close to there as well.  BTW, I would be fine using a red shirt pick on Ojabo.  

42 minutes ago, SEMO said:

All of the elite edges in the draft will probably be gone by 10.  The only thing we can hope for is that teams get QB happy.  Unfortunately, the QB crop looks very unimpressive this year.

Damn. Is the drop off so bad that we can’t get a productive starter at 29?

1 hour ago, DieHard said:

I only like this trade if it lands a game wrecking DE. That would be the only target. Andy has only gone for a WR in the first 100 like 8 or 10 times I think I read. It sounds like the drop from tier one to tier two Edge is huge. I don’t watch all these college guys so I don’t know.

With the quarterbacks in our division and our conference I think Edge is way more important than WR.

This is my point... I'd love to land a top WR but we'd be giving up too much to get Williams Olave or Wilson. We have some draft capital... let's spend it on a quality DE. We picked up Tyreek in what, the 5th? Veach will find another. Trade up for a DE, find a diamond WR in the 3rd.

7 minutes ago, mex said:

This is my point... I'd love to land a top WR but we'd be giving up too much to get Williams Olave or Wilson. We have some draft capital... let's spend it on a quality DE. We picked up Tyreek in what, the 5th? Veach will find another. Trade up for a DE, find a diamond WR in the 3rd.

Yep.

Every QB in the AFC West is elite or borderline elite. Add to that mix the freakish Robo QB in Buffalo and that makes DE and DB top priority. A good crop of WRs will be available round 2 and after. If the Chiefs don't dramatically improve the pass rush, every game will be a shootout.

59 minutes ago, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

Yep.

Every QB in the AFC West is elite or borderline elite. Add to that mix the freakish Robo QB in Buffalo and that makes DE and DB top priority. A good crop of WRs will be available round 2 and after. If the Chiefs don't dramatically improve the pass rush, every game will be a shootout.

If we can upgrade RT. 
with the pass rushers in our division. 
I agree. DE and DB top priority. 

Agree that the defense is a priority.  But getting a long term replacement at WR1 is also a need and it all depends on how much drop off there is at other positions.  Is Johnson or Kalaftis that much better than Mafe?  If one ranks the DBs, how much is gained by using #30 rather than #50?  It's all a fun puzzle from our seats and if the Chiefs can fill the defense AND get Williams or Olave, I'd say go for it.  

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Agree that the defense is a priority.  But getting a long term replacement at WR1 is also a need and it all depends on how much drop off there is at other positions.  Is Johnson or Kalaftis that much better than Mafe?  If one ranks the DBs, how much is gained by using #30 rather than #50?  It's all a fun puzzle from our seats and if the Chiefs can fill the defense AND get Williams or Olave, I'd say go for it.  

That's why Veach makes the big bucks and the rest of us are stuck with bitching on the internets. :lol: 

On 3/31/2022 at 10:36 PM, Balto said:

Pretty bad trade actually.  Give me Williams for #29+3rd over Wilson for #29+#30+Mid round pick

I’m seeing Williams jumping up on the draft boards.  Especially after that video he posted about his progress 2 months after surgery.  I honestly believe he will go too 15 before it’s all over…

3 hours ago, WichitaZRide said:

I’m seeing Williams jumping up on the draft boards.  Especially after that video he posted about his progress 2 months after surgery.  I honestly believe he will go too 15 before it’s all over…

The average position for Williams on major boards is 17.7 which is third among WRs.  Olave and Burks are the only other projected first rounders.  That leaves a lot of talent for the end of the round or for day two.  As I posted earlier, if the Chiefs really want Williams, they should be ready to move if Philly is up and he's still on the board.  If Veach wants him, he'll use that considerable draft capital to get him.  Just hope he doesn't over pay for Williams if Olave could be had for much less.

3 hours ago, jetlord said:

The average position for Williams on major boards is 17.7 which is third among WRs.  Olave and Burks are the only other projected first rounders.  That leaves a lot of talent for the end of the round or for day two.  As I posted earlier, if the Chiefs really want Williams, they should be ready to move if Philly is up and he's still on the board.  If Veach wants him, he'll use that considerable draft capital to get him.  Just hope he doesn't over pay for Williams if Olave could be had for much less.

Honestly as much as I'd love to have Olave, I think we can pick up Christian Watson without giving anything up. That kid is a beast... underrated IMO... would kill it in Andy's offense.

3 hours ago, jetlord said:

Williams over Olave all day.  Not that I don't like Olave but Jameson is different.   I would be thrilled with Olave but Jameson is built for this offense.

23 minutes ago, mex said:

Honestly as much as I'd love to have Olave, I think we can pick up Christian Watson without giving anything up. That kid is a beast... underrated IMO... would kill it in Andy's offense.

Really like him too.  Don't think he's there at 50.  Fans are gonna have to be a bit patient with him though as he's gotta learn to run routes.

33 minutes ago, xen said:

Williams over Olave all day.  Not that I don't like Olave but Jameson is different.   I would be thrilled with Olave but Jameson is built for this offense.

I'd prefer Williams as well, but just considering the cost to move up.  WR isn't the greatest need and giving up a potential future starter at CB or EDGE just isn't worth it.  One third packaged with #29 is the most I'd move up for a WR.  The draft is too deep with receivers.

19 minutes ago, jetlord said:

I'd prefer Williams as well, but just considering the cost to move up.  WR isn't the greatest need and giving up a potential future starter at CB or EDGE just isn't worth it.  One third packaged with #29 is the most I'd move up for a WR.  The draft is too deep with receivers.

Yes but not a ton of #1 receivers.

5 hours ago, jetlord said:

You got a link?  

Garrett Wilson goes in round 1.  Probably the first half.  I would take him over Olave.  YAC ability being the difference.

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

This is pretty much where I am.  I love Williams’ game and was the first one around here talking him up.  But, we just can’t sacrifice a ton of draft capital to move up for him.  I like your proposal.  I might be willing to up the offer to 29 and 50 to get to Philly’s 15 or 16 picks, if he falls to there.

6 minutes ago, SEMO said:

You got a link?  

Garrett Wilson goes in round 1.  Probably the first half.  I would take him over Olave.  YAC ability being the difference.

The link was in an e-mail and appeared to be an NFL site.  I don't have the link now.  It was a compilation of where many popular picks were rated but I can't say how up to date it might have been.  Sorry.  I will admit that it's very possible that Williams has moved up on many boards.  IIRC, the ranking went:  Wilson, London, Williams, Olave,, and Burks.  The rest were second round or later.

1 minute ago, jetlord said:

The link was in an e-mail and appeared to be an NFL site.  I don't have the link now.  It was a compilation of where many popular picks were rated but I can't say how up to date it might have been.  Sorry.  I will admit that it's very possible that Williams has moved up on many boards.  IIRC, the ranking went:  Wilson, London, Williams, Olave,, and Burks.  The rest were second round or later.

That order sounds about right.  Though, without the injury Williams is one.  Teams might have him there anyway.

1 minute ago, SEMO said:

This is pretty much where I am.  I love Williams’ game and was the first one around here talking him up.  But, we just can’t sacrifice a ton of draft capital to move up for him.  I like your proposal.  I might be willing to up the offer to 29 and 50 to get to Philly’s 15 or 16 picks, if he falls to there.

#29 and #50 is too much unless Philly throws in a late third or early fourth.  The Chiefs have an excellent chance to pick up three starters with their first three picks.  DB, EDGE, and WR.

6 hours ago, jetlord said:

#29 and #50 is too much unless Philly throws in a late third or early fourth.  The Chiefs have an excellent chance to pick up three starters with their first three picks.  DB, EDGE, and WR.

Here is the trade value chart that is rumored to be the most used by NFL GMs.  15 is worth 315pts.  29 and 50 are worth 318pts.  

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart-Rich-Hill.asp

3 hours ago, mex said:

John C Reilly Yes GIF

On 4/2/2022 at 9:28 PM, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

Yep.

Carr is now borderline elite?  Not to split hairs, but I’d call him a solid qb that has a ceiling of winning a wildcard game.  

At this point in time I wouldn’t even call wilson elite.  Wilson is very overrated imo. The qb, and the division, is between Herbert and Mahomes.  Herbert terrifies me, but the other two, not so much. 

There are going to be some studs in this draft.  As good as Jameson is he isn’t on the level of Chase.   You have to get a bigger overall perspective of multiple drafts.  This is a good and deep draft.  Draft multiple key contributors and double up on wr and de.  There are far too many studs in the NFL drafted in rounds 2-3 to be trading two premium picks in this draft to move up. Love Jameson.  I’m a huge Bama fan and the guy is a stud but he doesn’t remotely have the quick acceleration and agility of Tyreek.  He is a thinner framed wr as well.   I think being patient will pay off.  I’m also not sure Pickens won’t be but as productive and could be had at 29/30.   Just my two cents.