Chiefs/Jets Draft Day Trade

1 hour ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I hope we use one of our 7ths to draft a punter. I can't stand Townsend. He is a grown man who let's other adults call him Tommy, and he uses more conditioner than my wife. 

Plus I'm still not over the 2 shanks in the SB.

Dave Chapelle GIF by moodman

Punt God is in the draft this year from SDSU.  Just saying.

On the other hand, "don't draft no stinkin kicker" is probably still a saying around here.

22 minutes ago, xen said:

I think I been pounding that drum for a while now.  Agree with this.  Quality over quantity.

Naaahh, I'm all in for quanity. We have too many needs, primarily on defense to be giving up picks imo. Now, if all we have to do is swap 29 and give up our second 2nd rnd pick, then maybe...But the Dline is trash and really needs a youth/talent infusion at DE and DT. We really don't have any real CBs (except Sneed), and yes we do need a young speedster at WR. We can get ALL OF THAT without trading away picks....

Although, in the back of mind, I do believe Veech will do some negotiating and probably trade away some of those picks...

9 minutes ago, artsy said:

Naaahh, I'm all in for quanity. We have too many needs, primarily on defense to be giving up picks imo. Now, if all we have to do is swap 29 and give up our second 2nd rnd pick, then maybe...But the Dline is trash and really needs a youth/talent infusion at DE and DT. We really don't have any real CBs (except Sneed), and yes we do need a young speedster at WR. We can get ALL OF THAT without trading away picks....

Although, in the back of mind, I do believe Veech will do some negotiating and probably trade away some of those picks...

Quantity is great.  Gets you a nice mediocre record.   Nobody says we should give away all our picks or trade up to top 10.

42 minutes ago, xen said:

I think I been pounding that drum for a while now.  Agree with this.  Quality over quantity.

I If we just give up a 29 and a 50, I'm ok with it. 

Better not be more.

Unless JW can play defense.

55 minutes ago, xen said:

Quantity is great.  Gets you a nice mediocre record.   Nobody says we should give away all our picks or trade up to top 10.

Some, maybe not you, are claiming that Williams will go around 10.  That's more than the Chiefs can afford IMHO.  Another WR isn't going to fill Hill's role and won't win the SB without fixing the defense. A first and third or the late second would be the ma I would pay for any WR in this draft.  The tier two WRs are better than the tier two DEs and the secondary is needing at least two starters.  

15 hours ago, xen said:

Not sure if there's quality in trading up. Just looking at the Saints/Eagles trade the cost of moving up may not bring in enough quality to justify the move. Getting the marginally better player by giving up too much generally means less quality throughout the roster. There's also the lack of guarantees as the "worse" WR prospect may actually be much better in the NFL.

I remember Falcons entering the 2011 draft loaded with picks and a roster ready to win the SB, they packaged everything for one of the greatest WRs of the generation in Julio Jones and jumped to mediocrity instantly only to spend most of the next decade trying to get back to where they were and making it to the SB only once.

13 hours ago, jetlord said:

Some, maybe not you, are claiming that Williams will go around 10.  That's more than the Chiefs can afford IMHO.  Another WR isn't going to fill Hill's role and won't win the SB without fixing the defense. A first and third or the late second would be the ma I would pay for any WR in this draft.  The tier two WRs are better than the tier two DEs and the secondary is needing at least two starters.  

I don't think he goes that high.

8 hours ago, jetlord said:

So would you trade #28 and #62 for #16 to get Williams?  That might be about what it would take.   I wouldn't trade 29 ad 50

I think we have to get to 15.  If he is on the board at 16, the Aints take him.