Mocking the Draft

Palangi

Trade: with the Seahawks. They have 2 second rounder back to back at 40 and 41. They use one to get back into round one to take a QB so they can get the 5th year option on him. I believe Matt Coral will be the target

Seahawks get pick 30, our last two 7th rounder

chiefs get pick 40, a 3rd, and a second rounder next year

1. Kaiir Elam CB Florida 6’2” 195- long athletic corner. Has 4.3 speed. 

2. George Pickens WR Georgia 6’3” 190- long athletic kid. Has good speed and great ball skills. Plays with fire and attitude. 

2. Cam Thomas DE SDSU 6’4 265- big physical kid with good athleticism and a non stop motor. Good against the run and can get after the QB. 

2. Daniel Faalele OT Minnesota 6’8” 385-  big kid has good athleticism. Contract needs to have a disciple to keep his weight at 360-370. If he could stay in that range he could be real dominant. Similar to Brown giving us a similar style both sides. 

3 Dominique Robinson DE Miami-OH 6’5” 260- came into college as a WR, played there the first two years. Good bend in his play.  

3. Zyon McCollum CB Sam Houston 6’2” 200- long athletic kid with 4.3 speed. Big time potential.  

3. Calvin Austin WR  Memphis 5’8” 170- incredible athlete  has elite speed and agility. Reid will have fun with him.  

4. Jerome Ford RB Cincinnati 5’11” 210- big time speed and good agility  has good contact balance too. A playmaker for the back field.  

4. Tycen Anderson S Toledo 6’2” 210- super athletic safety with good size. Physical kid too. Has 4.3 speed.  

7. Jayden Peevy DT Texas A&M 6’5” 310- big physical kid with good length  perfect kid to learn from Jones. 

7. Tariq Carpenter LB Georgia Tech 6’3” 230- college safety that ran in the 4.4s. Moves to sam LB and can cover TEs. 

Roster

QB- Mahomes, Henne, Beuchele

RB- Rojo, CEH, Ford, Burton

WR- juju, MVS, Hardman, Pickens, Austin, Powell, Fountain

TE- Kelce, Gray, Fortson, Bell

LT- Brown, Christian

LG- Thuney, Allegretti

C- Humphreys, Reiter

RG- Smith, Wylie

RT- Faalele, Niang

DE- Clark, Kaindoh, Robinson, Jackson

DT- Jones, Wharton, Stallworth

DT- Nnadi, Peevy, Saunders

DE- Ingram, Thomas, Danna, Herring

SLB- Lee, Carpenter

MLB- Bolton, Harris

WLB- Gay, Carter

CB-Sneed, Fenton, McCollum

CB- Elam, Baker, Barcoo, Bootle

SS- Reid, T Anderson, Key

FS- Thornhill, Bush, Z Anderson

Not bad.  Love Pickens when he's on but seems an injury magnet and has to control himself mentally.  High risk, high reward.

Thomas is my choice for a day two DE.  Not sure about the OT from Minn.  He seems a little slow footed but I'm not the expert. 

I doubt the Chiefs double at DE in the draft and sign Ingram.  Too much invested in one position.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/8/2022 at 4:16 PM, jetlord said:

Not bad.  Love Pickens when he's on but seems an injury magnet and has to control himself mentally.  High risk, high reward.

Thomas is my choice for a day two DE.  Not sure about the OT from Minn.  He seems a little slow footed but I'm not the expert. 

I doubt the Chiefs double at DE in the draft and sign Ingram.  Too much invested in one position.

I would not be at all surprised if we doubled at DE and signed Ingram.  If we sign Ingram on a 1 year deal that buys some time for the draft ends to learn and play in the rotation before turning it over to them next year when Clark and Ingram are gone.

I also won't be surprised when we double or triple up at receiver.

1 hour ago, xen said:

I would not be at all surprised if we doubled at DE and signed Ingram.  If we sign Ingram on a 1 year deal that buys some time for the draft ends to learn and play in the rotation before turning it over to them next year when Clark and Ingram are gone.

I also won't be surprised when we double or triple up at receiver.

You could be correct, but my thinking is that Clark and Ingram would be locks.  Dana and Kaindoh are still n the mix so two rookie DE would be a little crowded.  Same with WR.  Hardman, JuJu, and MVS will be here so there's not much room for three rookies.  Maybe if one is projected #1 and the other can learn at #5 and ST they would fit.  I don't see the Chiefs drafting a fourth rounder at either position and trying to stash them on the PS.  If the Chiefs don't sign Ingram or some other FA, then two DE draftees would be logical. 

5 hours ago, jetlord said:

You could be correct, but my thinking is that Clark and Ingram would be locks.  Dana and Kaindoh are still n the mix so two rookie DE would be a little crowded.  Same with WR.  Hardman, JuJu, and MVS will be here so there's not much room for three rookies.  Maybe if one is projected #1 and the other can learn at #5 and ST they would fit.  I don't see the Chiefs drafting a fourth rounder at either position and trying to stash them on the PS.  If the Chiefs don't sign Ingram or some other FA, then two DE draftees would be logical. 

Kaindoh is a lottery pick imo and Dana is nothing more than a jag at DE.  We have no one after next year on contract besides those two and I doubt Veach wants to still be signing old vets to 1 year deals to band aid a premium position.   We have tons of picks and I think doubling up gives us a better odds of finding a 10 sack guy that we can build around.   Same for WR.   With the price of premium wr's now might as well double dip and hope you find a stud.  

6 hours ago, jetlord said:

I would expect 1 wr to be a late flyer, probably stashed on the squad.  Sorry I should have used my words.   

10 hours ago, jetlord said:

Could the Chiefs draft Ojabo and stash him on IR for the year?  That would be one way to build for next season. 

I think there's a good chance someone higher up in the draft order has the same idea.