Dwayne Haskins Killed

arrowhead

I just saw this on the news. I didn't know much about him. Sad to see anyone lose their life. I got to wonder WTH he was doing crossing the the road at 6:37AM, but I guess it will all come out. I've been to Florida several times, and they drive just as crazy as folks in Georgia. Who knows, may not have been the drivers fault, but pedestrians get hit all the time in ATL. Driver shouldn't have run, so that's suspect.

I have paid zero attention to all this but this really made me SMH.. Insensitive? It was the truth JFC!

“Dwayne Haskins, a standout at Ohio State before struggling to catch on with Washington and Pittsburgh in the NFL, died this morning when he got hit by a car in South Florida, per his agent Cedric Saunders,” Schefter wrote in his first tweet. “Haskins would have turned 25 years old on May 3.”

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

I have paid zero attention to all this but this really made me SMH.. Insensitive? It was the truth JFC!

“Dwayne Haskins, a standout at Ohio State before struggling to catch on with Washington and Pittsburgh in the NFL, died this morning when he got hit by a car in South Florida, per his agent Cedric Saunders,” Schefter wrote in his first tweet. “Haskins would have turned 25 years old on May 3.”

If that's all he said, it's just pointing out the facts.

I'm a Haskins fan for life... he racked up 62 pts against the yellow pant two years ago... which makes him a permanent hero in my book.

But if that's all brandt said, I have no idea why it's such an outrage.

2 minutes ago, mex said:

I'm a Haskins fan for life... he racked up 62 pts against the yellow pant two years ago... which makes him a permanent hero in my book.

that was Adam Shefter (sp?) he's getting blow back as well 

2 minutes ago, mex said:

Yeah, Brandt said some stuff that might be true.  But some things are best left unsaid when a 24 year old dies.  Just say it's tragic and how nice he was and move on.  

Just now, oldtimer said:

that was Adam Shefter (sp?) he's getting blow back as well 

My guess is they are butthurt that they focused on the negative right after his death.

I can understand it.

But they're big media boys... they can handle the heat.

One thing I've noticed is the number of irrelevant people saying controversial/irritating things to annoy Buckeye Nation because they got a huge following

It generates clicks. 

Great strategy when your usual content can't generate clicks on its own.

1 minute ago, reesebobby said:

Yeah, Brandt said some stuff that might be true.  But some things are best left unsaid when a 24 year old dies.  Just say it's tragic and how nice he was and move on.  

agreed

19 minutes ago, mex said:

My guess is they are butthurt that they focused on the negative right after his death.

I can understand it.

But they're big media boys... they can handle the heat.

One thing I've noticed is the number of irrelevant people saying controversial/irritating things to annoy Buckeye Nation because they got a huge following

It generates clicks. 

Great strategy when your usual content can't generate clicks on its own.

Well, I mean the buckeye IS the worst of all the trees in the world.  Its mostly useless much like the population of ohio.