Berry is awesome and I love him, but he looks expendable. And we played two great qb's without him. I already said id rather have Houston.

The large concentration of this off-season was building the front 7 and it has really paid off for Jim Dorsey and this front office. We're also getting a better idea on Berry. I'm pretty sure that's why he didn't play tonight. It was a test to see his how expendable he was. Don't get me wrong, love Berry too but this league is all about controlling the line of scrimmage. Abdullah, can play SS just fine in Berry's role. Need a speedy, rangy FS in the off-season if Berry is gone.

The large concentration of this off-season was building the front 7 and it has really paid off for Jim Dorsey and this front office. We're also getting a better idea on Berry. I'm pretty sure that's why he didn't play tonight. It was a test to see his how expendable he was. Don't get me wrong, love Berry too but this league is all about controlling the line of scrimmage. Abdullah, can play SS just fine in Berry's role. Need a speedy, rangy FS in the off-season if Berry is gone.

Teams don't do this.  If Berry was capable of playing, Reid would have played him.  His job is to win.  His best chance of winning is by putting the best 33 players on the field.  Berry is easily better than Parker.  They may still move on after the season, sadly, but, if he were healthy he'd be playing.

Parker, Smith, Cooper, et al look good. Berry is better than Parker, but is worth a $60 M contract better?

Yes, he is.  They'll make that decision in the off-season.  Berry's cap number is less next season.  At $8M they may keep him or roll that number into a signing bonus for an extension..  

Guest calichief

Pay Raise?  Crazy talk by Berry if he goes that way....

Houston is worth the $$$, but the GM is hsowing people that he can build a solid roster one way of the other.

No Devito? No Berry? No DJ?

No Problem.

w

yep. I was truly concerned. We have some players

Guest calichief

Pay Raise?  Crazy talk by Berry if he goes that way....

Houston is worth the $$$, but the GM is hsowing people that he can build a solid roster one way of the other.

No Devito? No Berry? No DJ?

No Problem.

w

most encouraging is the OLINE. wow.

Bailey is emerging....Poe continues to improve....Hali is still Hali....

What is veru encouraging is the play of the young DB's and  the safeties....

Anyone else LOVE the play where Poe was brought in as the lead blocker and he locked horns with Wilfork?

Loved it....

w

O-line is showing signs of life in the Run Blocking and the Play calling is helping buy Smith time in the passing game.

The Fake reverses were fun to watch as well.

w

other than Chandler Jones getting that sack early, Fisher Dominated. Smith had tons of time.

Bailey is emerging....Poe continues to improve....Hali is still Hali....

What is veru encouraging is the play of the young DB's and  the safeties....

Anyone else LOVE the play where Poe was brought in as the lead blocker and he locked horns with Wilfork?

Loved it....

w

Love the way Bailey is playing.  I had all but given up hope for him.

I am hoping Bailey keeps improving I like the country boy. And with those long arms he should start knocking down passes as well.

Me too.  The added weight seems to have served him well.  I was very happy when he was drafted.  I thought he might compete with Houston for LOLB.  Now look at him.  He's a monster.

I was ready to give up on him.  I'm glad the Chiefs didn't.  The only downside is he just adds to an off-season already filled with difficult decisions for Dorsey to make.  But that is a good problem to have.

Archived