Patrick knew about Potential Hill Trade, but was still stunned when it happened

Probably figured it was all for leverage.  At the end of the day the money wasn’t all that different.  Drew just got Hill to get an extra year and a few million more.  Good on him for earning it but let’s not pretend like the Chiefs wouldn’t over pay.   If we gave them 30 and a fourth and paid him 4/22m.  We netted a 2nd, 4th and 6 and got younger at wr.  Yes less explosive but I could live with that.

19 minutes ago, Thegoatee said:

Hill left a team with a cannon armed QB for a modern day Alex Smith… I’d be shocked at that business decision too…

It's $25-30 million vs. $21 million.  That's the business decision, not the strength of a QB's arm. 

3 hours ago, azchief21 said:

You know Veach is looking seriously at this

Veach probably looks seriously at every player, but I doubt he would be serious about spending major draft capital and huge $$$.  To much risk of being another Frank Clark type payoff. 

53 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Veach probably looks seriously at every player, but I doubt he would be serious about spending major draft capital and huge $$$.  To much risk of being another Frank Clark type payoff. 

God I hope you're right.😐

10 hours ago, azchief21 said:

Yep I want some defense. We're fine on offense. 

Patrick has the ability to make good WRs great. 

Patrick can't do anything when the other team is racking up 1st downs at will.

Had we lost the coin flip vs Buff, this wouldn't even be a debate.

15 minutes ago, mex said:

Patrick has the ability to make good WRs great. 

Patrick can't do anything when the other team is racking up 1st downs at will.

Had we lost the coin flip vs Buff, this wouldn't even be a debate.

Buffalo had a terrific defense.  Look where it got them.

Not saying we don't need D, just saying keep your strengths strong while building the D.  Right now our receiver corps is not where it needs to be.

17 minutes ago, xen said:

Buffalo had a terrific defense.  Look where it got them.

Not saying we don't need D, just saying keep your strengths strong while building the D.  Right now our receiver corps is not where it needs to be.

Meh... like I said... if we lose that coin toss... these draft threads are singing a different tune.

3 minutes ago, mex said:

Meh... like I said... if we lose that coin toss... these draft threads are singing a different tune.

Meh people don't pay attention either.  It's like the thought that there are a ton of receivers in this draft.  Sure there are but if you drill down the quality will go fast and after that you're just betting on traits and hoping to get lucky.

1 minute ago, xen said:

Meh people don't pay attention either.  It's like the thought that there are a ton of receivers in this draft.  Sure there are but if you drill down the quality will go fast and after that you're just betting on traits and hoping to get lucky.

Oh, I agree on the 'get lucky' part. Veach could go my route and draft a highly coveted edge guy... and we could end up with another Tyson Jackson. Same with a coveted WR. 

Might as well speculate on what kind of meat is in that chinese takeout the wife brought home last night.

I'm still hoping Cornell Powell can make some noise this year. Really thought he was a great choice when we picked him up last year.

2 minutes ago, mex said:

Oh, I agree on the 'get lucky' part. Veach could go my route and draft a highly coveted edge guy... and we could end up with another Tyson Jackson. Same with a coveted WR. 

Might as well speculate on what kind of meat is in that chinese takeout the wife brought home last night.

I'm still hoping Cornell Powell can make some noise this year. Really thought he was a great choice when we picked him up last year.

that was a coffee on the keyboard line right there

1 hour ago, xen said:

If the Chiefs are convinced that Williams will put up Jerry Rice type numbers, then they should sacrifice a shot at an early round EDGE or CB to get him.  But if he's out of reach, then I see the drop off in D talent as being steeper than the drop off in WR players.  So move up for Williams and settle for a second round EDGE or DB vs. taking Mafe and Booth/Hill/Cine/ Elam/Pitre and getting a second round WR.  Throw in the uncertainty of how any draftee will pan out, and I'd say shoot more bullets at the defense.  Will the new WR increase the scoring more, or will the new defense prevent more?    

1 hour ago, AlwaysChiefs said:

If the Chiefs had Deebo, JuJu, Scantling, Kelce,  and Mahomes all on the field at one time, our opponents would probably just walk off the field after we scored our first 100 points or so. 

And if they had an '85 Bears defense, they'd walk off the field after the Chiefs scored one TD.  🙂

I am warming up to a trade up for WR because our strength is QB and offensive HC. Plus keeping Pat stocked with tools and happy is important. Pass rush is too need IMO, but not sure the 10-15 range gets a top pass rusher. But I don’t see a trade for WR just to pay FA dollars making a ton of sense.

If we package draft picks to move up and get a WR then Mahomes is overrated. Brady made Welker and Edelman multi-millionaires and Pro-Bowlers while winning Super Bowls. Mahomes should be able to do it w/ JuJu, Hardman and one of the best TEs in history. EDGE and CB @ 29 and 30.