Deebo Samuel requests trade

Lets say for argument deebo agrees to the deal the chiefs offered tyreek, which was something like 4 years 20 mil a year and the chiefs give one of their 1st and lets say a 4th for deebo, do you do the deal?

i vote no, use the picks to rebuild the roster with cheap players, throw numbers at wr and de in this draft and hope to hit on 3 or 4 of these high picks we accumulated.

that being said deebo is a perfect fit for our offense.

what is your vote?

17 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Lets say for argument deebo agrees to the deal the chiefs offered tyreek, which was something like 4 years 20 mil a year and the chiefs give one of their 1st and lets say a 4th for deebo, do you do the deal?

i vote no, use the picks to rebuild the roster with cheap players, throw numbers at wr and de in this draft and hope to hit on 3 or 4 of these high picks we accumulated.

that being said deebo is a perfect fit for our offense.

what is your vote?

You'd definitely be buying high and buying high based upon 1 good year.  He sure seems like he could be amazeballs here, but I'd probably pass and see what we can do with picks.  

I don't think the sample size reflects his current value as he may have simple peaked already and even if he hasn't he won't get the same amount of workload here so the contribution will likely be way below the 2021 stats. He'll cost Tyreek money with a bunch of picks after a single season of greatness. He doesn't have a 5th year option so it's a single season of cheap contract followed by a huge extension. 

As things currently stand I think Deebo is a perfect example of a trade/player a team thriving for consistent success should avoid. May be the Jets or Jags give him and the 49ers what they want but I don't see any championship caliber team to part with so much capital. 

14 hours ago, timmy_6262 said:

Or just draft a player similar to Deebo in Treylon Burks and save a ton of money

treylon deebo.jpeg

I keep seeing the deebo comp on treylon and there is some usage the same, mostly in the short stuff, but past that I didn't see them winning matchups in the same way.  That lack of agility testing showed on the field for me.  Treylon was more of a catch point bully, whereas deebo is getting separation.  Don't care about the bench numbers with Treylon as you could see the strength on the film.  The inability to get separation is where the concern is and why I have him as a 2nd round guy but he is a very intriguing player, mostly cause he has some drake london in him with being a my ball, win at the catch point type of guy.  I would have liked to see better explosion metrics with him and I might be more comfortable with him in the first.   He also looked faster to me on long routes than his time suggests but that was about the only place.

1 hour ago, xen said:

treylon deebo.jpeg

I keep seeing the deebo comp on treylon and there is some usage the same, mostly in the short stuff, but past that I didn't see them winning matchups in the same way.  That lack of agility testing showed on the field for me.  Treylon was more of a catch point bully, whereas deebo is getting separation.  Don't care about the bench numbers with Treylon as you could see the strength on the film.  The inability to get separation is where the concern is and why I have him as a 2nd round guy but he is a very intriguing player, mostly cause he has some drake london in him with being a my ball, win at the catch point type of guy.  I would have liked to see better explosion metrics with him and I might be more comfortable with him in the first.   He also looked faster to me on long routes than his time suggests but that was about the only place.

The RAS score for some players:

John Ross....9.5

DeAndre Hopkins....4.94

Antonio Brown.....3.86

Phillip Gaines....9.54

Jaelen Strong......9.14

Chris Conley.....9.68

Its not always about the numbers.

9 minutes ago, timmy_6262 said:

The RAS score for some players:

John Ross....9.5

DeAndre Hopkins....4.94

Antonio Brown.....3.86

Phillip Gaines....9.54

Jaelen Strong......9.14

Chris Conley.....9.68

Its not always about the numbers.

Conley sure was a huge failure, all that unmatched athletic ability wasted in a guy with no talent. 

48 minutes ago, sith13 said:

Conley sure was a huge failure, all that unmatched athletic ability wasted in a guy with no talent. 

It's amazing going through the lists and seeing some of the names and their score. Kelce had a great score but Mathieu had a very low score. Sammie Coates was a 9.86. This metric really shows who was a "workout warrior". I am not saying that it's a worthless stat because it allows you to compare players numbers/times to another very easily. 

Kareem Hunt 5.18

Fabian Moreau 9.98 

Orlando Brown 0.72