Deebo Samuel requests trade

I am in the absolute "Hell No" category. Deborah is great because he fits the 49er scheme extremely well. He is a runner and pass catchers, but seems to be a guy who gets open by scheme. We will have to pay him 25mil + , so I will take a very hard pass. We do not need any more veterans getting paid that much.

30 minutes ago, Docbarnabee said:

I am in the absolute "Hell No" category. Deborah is great because he fits the 49er scheme extremely well. He is a runner and pass catchers, but seems to be a guy who gets open by scheme. We will have to pay him 25mil + , so I will take a very hard pass. We do not need any more veterans getting paid that much.

Agree.  Get younger (cheaper) and don't pin everything on a few overpaid players.  The AFC West has gone crazy over free agents this off season.  Two of them will fail. Hopefully, all three.  

9 hours ago, timmy_6262 said:

The RAS score for some players:

John Ross....9.5

DeAndre Hopkins....4.94

Antonio Brown.....3.86

Phillip Gaines....9.54

Jaelen Strong......9.14

Chris Conley.....9.68

Its not always about the numbers.

Not always but more often than not.  Not a lot of unathletic guys make it in the NFL and usually they have other skills and technique to compensate.   Obviously you don't just draft based on athletic testing that would be stupid.

12 hours ago, xen said:

For the record, I'm more on the let's go get some receivers in the draft side.

What rounds do you want them to take these wr's?   I agree they need to get at least 2 considering what wr's cost and the fact we only have one on contract past this year.  

12 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

What rounds do you want them to take these wr's?   I agree they need to get at least 2 considering what wr's cost and the fact we only have one on contract past this year.  

I prefer one in the first and them just look for value later.   Would love to grab Calvin Austin on day 2 as well.  Really awesome routes.  If he had a few more inches in height he'd be a first rounder.

19 minutes ago, xen said:

I prefer one in the first and them just look for value later.   Would love to grab Calvin Austin on day 2 as well.  Really awesome routes.  If he had a few more inches in height he'd be a first rounder.

if he is fast like Tyreek, then i say grab him. We have been doing fine without a bigger WR so far and we would not have to trade up to get WIlliams and give up picks

52 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

if he is fast like Tyreek, then i say grab him. We have been doing fine without a bigger WR so far and we would not have to trade up to get WIlliams and give up picks

You're still gonna have to give up picks.  He's not a free agent.  

Appearing on the Pat McAfee Show, NFL Network's Ian Rapoport stated Deebo Samuel essentially told the 49ers to not make a contract offer, and he just wants to be traded.

"From my understanding, he basically told them, like, 'I want to be traded, don't make an offer,'" said Rapoport of Samuel's situation in San Francisco. "I don't think this is" about the money, per RapSheet. It sounds like Samuel's relationship with the Niners has soured beyond repair, but the word right now is the team has no intention of trading Samuel. This will be something we'll be tracking all the way up to and through next week's draft.

17 minutes ago, arrowhead said:

Appearing on the Pat McAfee Show, NFL Network's Ian Rapoport stated Deebo Samuel essentially told the 49ers to not make a contract offer, and he just wants to be traded.

"From my understanding, he basically told them, like, 'I want to be traded, don't make an offer,'" said Rapoport of Samuel's situation in San Francisco. "I don't think this is" about the money, per RapSheet. It sounds like Samuel's relationship with the Niners has soured beyond repair, but the word right now is the team has no intention of trading Samuel. This will be something we'll be tracking all the way up to and through next week's draft.

Veach kind of squashed the Deebo talk in his presser although not directly.  Of course, it was only a few hours after his equivalent presser last year a week before the draft that they announced the Brown deal.  But I really think the Chiefs won't make any major moves before the draft this year.  I could be wrong. 

12 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Veach kind of squashed the Deebo talk in his presser although not directly.  Of course, it was only a few hours after his equivalent presser last year a week before the draft that they announced the Brown deal.  But I really think the Chiefs won't make any major moves before the draft this year.  I could be wrong. 

Lots of smoke out there, you'd think it was a Nebraska wildfire. I don't believe any GM or Head Coach at this point. 

5 minutes ago, arrowhead said:

Lots of smoke out there, you'd think it was a Nebraska wildfire. I don't believe any GM or Head Coach at this point. 

Agree, but Veach seemed to like the idea of having so many top picks.  I can see him wheeling and dealing on draft day, but not spending them before the draft.   He'll go nuts not having a fifth or sixth.

18 minutes ago, jetlord said:

I'll follow you around. lol

MJD has the Chiefs trading the 29th pick for Deebo and then selecting Karlaftis at 30.

Just now, jetlord said:

Agree, but Veach seemed to like the idea of having so many top picks.  I can see him wheeling and dealing on draft day, but not spending them before the draft.   He'll go nuts not having a fifth or sixth.

He does seem to be a little OCD day 3. Maybe it's lack of sleep.

18 hours ago, xen said:

Saw some clips on him and after Sauce Gardner saying he was the hardest to defender I would love having him.