Who Do You Want?

jetlord

So there's been a lot of discussion about who the Chiefs might grab in the draft, especially WRs and DEs.  What other players, not just first rounders, would you like the Chiefs to take a close look at?

Some of mine:

Wyatt, DT, 1st rounder that would complement Jones and provide some pass rush from the interior line.

Dax Hill, S/CB another 1st rounder who can play slot corner, box safety, or deep coverage.  Would be the fifth DB

Muma, LB, second round who replaces Neiman and a top coverage type.  Gives the Chiefs a solid, young LB corp.

Bryant, CB, third or fourth round corner who could play this season.  Veach type mid round pick.

Lucas, OT, probable second round but would fill the tackle void if Niang can't play.

Cam Thomas, DE, Spags type who could offer pass rush and be solid in the future.

Fire away

3 hours ago, jetlord said:

So there's been a lot of discussion about who the Chiefs might grab in the draft, especially WRs and DEs.  What other players, not just first rounders, would you like the Chiefs to take a close look at?

Some of mine:

Wyatt, DT, 1st rounder that would complement Jones and provide some pass rush from the interior line.

Dax Hill, S/CB another 1st rounder who can play slot corner, box safety, or deep coverage.  Would be the fifth DB

Muma, LB, second round who replaces Neiman and a top coverage type.  Gives the Chiefs a solid, young LB corp.

Bryant, CB, third or fourth round corner who could play this season.  Veach type mid round pick.

Lucas, OT, probable second round but would fill the tackle void if Niang can't play.

Cam Thomas, DE, Spags type who could offer pass rush and be solid in the future.

Fire away

Just saw today that Wyatt will be or is 24 years old.   That is super old by rookie standards.   The rest of that list I would be happy.   Cam Thomas is one I hope we can double dip and get in the 2nd.   His pressure rate was really good and he fits Spags mold really well.  

Boye Mafe is a guy that I really like at DE. Wyatt is definitely a guy to consider and frankly I would be thrilled with the duo as our 1st round picks assuming both are there. Hill is a guy we should definitely consider but lately he seems to be mocked a bit higher, definitely don't want to give up major draft capital for anyone. IMO we should at least draft as many players as the number of draft picks in the first 3 rounds. 

3 hours ago, SEMO said:

Bryan Cook, S, Cinci

Andrew Booth, CB, Clemson.  

Jalen Pitre, S, Baylor

Travis Jones, DT, UConn

Troy Andersen, LB, Montana St

Like all of those except Anderson who I know nothing about.  What round is he projected to go and what are his skills? 

5 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

Just saw today that Wyatt will be or is 24 years old.   That is super old by rookie standards.   The rest of that list I would be happy.   Cam Thomas is one I hope we can double dip and get in the 2nd.   His pressure rate was really good and he fits Spags mold really well.  

Is his age really that much of a negative?  In five years, he would be 29, hardly washed up for a lineman.  Nothing wrong with releasing a player after his rookie contract if he's showing decline or can be replaced cheaper. 

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

Is his age really that much of a negative?  In five years, he would be 29, hardly washed up for a lineman.  Nothing wrong with releasing a player after his rookie contract if he's showing decline or can be replaced cheaper. 

He also should be physically stronger too. 2 years or so and a body can change for the better over some younger talent. If he can hold up at DT and gets a 4 year deal at 29, he would be worth it. Like you said, if not we cut bait. Line is where you can play well into early 30s.

31 minutes ago, SEMO said:

Probably 3.  Versatile.

Most important thing his coverage skills.  With Gay and Bolton, the need is for a LB that plays in passing situations as a replacement for Neiman as well as in the base. Guess I'll have to check hi out. 

57 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Most important thing his coverage skills.  With Gay and Bolton, the need is for a LB that plays in passing situations as a replacement for Neiman as well as in the base. Guess I'll have to check hi out. 

He can cover.  He might be the most athletic player in the draft.  Played QB, RB, LB, whatever they needed.  

Small school guy, so have to account for that.

Receiver, I love Jameson obviously since i won't seem to shut up about it.  also like Skyy Moore.  I think he's underrated.  I think christian Watson has amazing potential though he does need a lot of work.  Metchie I think is also underrated.

Nick Cross or Cook at S

Troy Anderson or Muma at LB.  Troy Anderson could be really special.

Travis Jones I like a lot.  Wyatt has potential and pressures it just concerns me with the lack of turning pressures into sacks.

Corner: Tariq Woolen or Zyon McCollum at CB, Emerson as well, at least for our system.  Coby Bryant is underrated imo.

I pretty much like most of the Cincinnati and Baylor DBs.

Arnold Ebiketie and Sam Williams at edge.  Ebiketie might be the most underrated edge in this draft.  I think he should go in the first but probably won't. I actually like him better than Mafe.  Obviously Johnson and Ojabo if they fall would be amazing.

This draft is just really nice into day 3.  Too many to list.   Great time to have this many picks.

4 hours ago, SEMO said:

He can cover.  He might be the most athletic player in the draft.  Played QB, RB, LB, whatever they needed.  

Small school guy, so have to account for that.

lol I wrote my post before this conversation and came back and just hit submit then read this.

Seems is spot on here.  Anderson is my favorite LB in this class.   They had him all over the place but when they put him at LB he looked like a natural.  The games I watched he was just fluid, explosive and dynamic.  Love that kid.  With some reps at 1 spot he could just be a really special LB.

The athletic profile is crazy as well.

andersen muma.jpeg

2 hours ago, xen said:

lol I wrote my post before this conversation and came back and just hit submit then read this.

Seems is spot on here.  Anderson is my favorite LB in this class.   They had him all over the place but when they put him at LB he looked like a natural.  The games I watched he was just fluid, explosive and dynamic.  Love that kid.  With some reps at 1 spot he could just be a really special LB.

The athletic profile is crazy as well.

andersen muma.jpeg

Those numbers are insane for both guys.   That 3 cone and 40 time are incredible for a guy his size.   To bad he isn't a TE prospect.

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Grunny was just mentioning that he thinks a WR and Guard will be taken for offense and the rest Defensive players. He seemed to suggest that Trey Smith is the prototypical  RT.

He also bragged about some D tackle from KY

Interesting.  I don't see Smith being moved from where he was very successful for a rookie.  There's several OTs that should do for the Chiefs in the third and fourth rounds.  Wylie can play until Niang gets back.  Not sure what role Allegretti will play but back up tackle seems the only hole. 

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Interesting.  I don't see Smith being moved from where he was very successful for a rookie.  There's several OTs that should do for the Chiefs in the third and fourth rounds.  Wylie can play until Niang gets back.  Not sure what role Allegretti will play but back up tackle seems the only hole. 

I don’t know if it’s as much a hole. We have quality back up tackles now. Christian and Johnson are solid for that role. Wylie is ok as a backup RT too
We don’t have a starter at RT though. I like Niang and think he would be solid. But his injury history is too much to look past. 

39 minutes ago, Palangi said:

I don’t know if it’s as much a hole. We have quality back up tackles now. Christian and Johnson are solid for that role. Wylie is ok as a backup RT too
We don’t have a starter at RT though. I like Niang and think he would be solid. But his injury history is too much to look past. 

History? The few times he has been injured. He played 44 out if 47 college games, the last 3 out due to hip injury. He had missed a few others due to hamstring and rib injuries, but those are nothing of a big de imo. I believe it was him coming back after a year layoff and he just needed to get in better game shape for rigors if the game. Then there is last years injury that kept him out of a while in game 17. I would not count covid year he opted out as an injury. 

1 hour ago, KC Warpaint said:

278636698_10227565552181111_376028604212

No, thanks. Maybe give up one top 100 pick to move up for the Chiefs dream player, but no way giving up two plus a fourth.  The highest I can see the Chiefs moving up is #15 (Philly) and that's only if Williams or a top DE is there.  Any trade will have to be done during the draft to assure the target player is available.

3 hours ago, kkuenn said:

History? The few times he has been injured. He played 44 out if 47 college games, the last 3 out due to hip injury. He had missed a few others due to hamstring and rib injuries, but those are nothing of a big de imo. I believe it was him coming back after a year layoff and he just needed to get in better game shape for rigors if the game. Then there is last years injury that kept him out of a while in game 17. I would not count covid year he opted out as an injury. 

Well his History in KC isn’t very promising with injuries. 

i like Niang. I want him to be the guy. I just don’t know if you can trust him. But whatever. 

With so many picks and needs at key positions....the Chiefs must nail this draft. It's a good draft with deep talent at a couple of key areas for us. I just hope Veach and Andy are focused on a player's production on the field. Teams that fall in love with a player's combine/pro day numbers are setting themselves up for failure.