My East Coast Bias Rant

OK, so I watch all the morning talk shows on ESPN. Cowherd, First Take, Mike and Mike, etc. and they all talked about the game in the same way. It was all about the Pats. is Brady done? are they in decline? they don't have any good wideouts? blah, blah, blah.

nothing about how good the Chiefs defense was without two pro-bowlers, nothing about Charles scoring 3 times in his first game back, nothing about Smith playing a fantastic game, nothing.

We all know that this bias does exist, but to see it being so blatant is just too much.

all that little weasel, Greenburg, could talk about was the AFC East and how this game affected that division. jeez

Chiefs are a product of their failure.  Winning a recent superbowl has a lasting affect.   Especially when youra  team that has won and played in multiples.  I fully expected this to be the case.  

Patriots have been the standard for NFL teams for almost 14 years and a pick to make the bowl this year.   It is a big story to see their team get destroyed like that on the national stage.  

Kinda weird to witness last night, but we might actually be seeing the end of an era.   

Chiefs are a product of their failure.  Winning a recent superbowl has a lasting affect.   Especially when youra  team that has won and played in multiples.  I fully expected this to be the case.  

Patriots have been the standard for NFL teams for almost 14 years and a pick to make the bowl this year.   It is a big story to see their team get destroyed like that on the national stage.  

Kinda weird to witness last night but we might actually be seeing the end of an era.   

Well done.  The only one who cares about KC is us.  Who cares what the media is reporting?

Kinda weird to witness last night but we might actually be seeing the end of an era.   

"Kinda weird to witness last night but we might actually be seeing the end of an era."

And the begnining of a new one!!!! GO CHIEFS!!

They aren't.  But sure are brewing up the recipe for success.  STRONG running game and not turning the ball over.

This week is gonna be fun and if they win will finally turn some heads.  The wagon will start to fill up.

And if they manage to win after the bye, the wagon will be rolling on 4 flat tires from all the weight.

The MNF crew actually picked the Chiefs to win last night 5-2 ( Asswipe Tommy Jackson went against KC-He always does) in the pre-game....Hell, Even Boomer picked the Chiefs if my memory serves.

Gruden was VERY complimentary of Alex Smith.....Huge homer for Alex.  They also gushed about the Crowd and how great the stadium was...

One quote I remember is "KC is the Center of the Sports Universe for the next 2 days...."

Fuck Bayless and Mike and Mike.....they are jackasses.

w

ESPN primary offices are located in Bristol Connecticut. They have offices in New York, Miami, Seattle, Charlotte, and Los Angeles. They cater to sports fans across the United States, but most of the population lives along the coasts, and a few large cities. Kansas City is not a big emphasis for ESPN. ESPN is not in the business of reporting accurate and unbiased information. They are in the entertainment business. That is why idiots like Skip Bayless have continued to find employment there. That is why they fire people with the drop of a hat if they get sideways politically. They aren't interested in 3 % of the US population. They would rather ditch the 3% and cater to the other parts. The angle of most sports newscasts outside of Kansas City are slanted. In fact, Kansas City sportscasts in KC are slanted. Our media talks about the Royals, Jayhawks, Chiefs, and little more. The percentage of dialogue is on Kansas City teams because that is who their audience wants to hear about. 

Forcing others to change is always a futile, and frustrating task. It is doomed for failure. The best we can do is develop a deep and mature sense of sarcasm. It helps. 

The MNF crew actually picked the Chiefs to win last night 5-2 ( Asswipe Tommy Jackson went against KC-He always does) in the pre-game....Hell, Even Boomer picked the Chiefs if my memory serves.

Gruden was VERY complimentary of Alex Smith.....Huge homer for Alex.  They also gushed about the Crowd and how great the stadium was...

One quote I remember is "KC is the Center of the Sports Universe for the next 2 days...."

Fuck Bayless and Mike and Mike.....they are jackasses.

w

Well if you've ever watch MNF you will find that every player Gruden talks about is gonna be "special".

:lol:

Nope,  Just funny.

I think it could be some sort of drinking game.  This kid is gonna be special!!  DRINK!!

It might even be as regular as "OMAHA"

He goes to the point that his compliments have no substance or value.  He quipped, "Jon Beason is a going to be an All-Pro in this NYG defense."

Agree, Omaha seemingly means "yes, we will run a play..."

w

Nope it means, "yes, we will run a play after I finish my little song and dance number."  <Peyton points here, points there.  Spins.  Shakes his ass and hikes the ball>

OK, so I watch all the morning talk shows on ESPN. Cowherd, First Take, Mike and Mike, etc. and they all talked about the game in the same way. It was all about the Pats. is Brady done? are they in decline? they don't have any good wideouts? blah, blah, blah.

nothing about how good the Chiefs defense was without two pro-bowlers, nothing about Charles scoring 3 times in his first game back, nothing about Smith playing a fantastic game, nothing.

We all know that this bias does exist, but to see it being so blatant is just too much.

all that little weasel, Greenburg, could talk about was the AFC East and how this game affected that division. jeez

The ESPN crew actually addressed this last night in post game.  They specifically pointed out that while the story should be the Chiefs and their dominance over New England the story is going to be about Tom Brady and the destruction of the Patriots. 

The truth is the STORY is what matters to the media.  Do you really think that ESPN could sustain its ratings and website activity if all they talked about during football season was the Chiefs?  They have to cater to the heavily populated parts of the country or they won't get the advertising dollars because nobody is tuning in.

AFC East TV Market Ranking:

New York:  #1

New England:  #2

Miami:  #15

Buffalo:  #29

AFC West TV Market Ranking:

Oakland:  #7

Denver:  #16

Kansas City:  #22

San Diego:  #32

What markets do you think the money is coming from?

well it continues..

espn all day suck on the pats hairy old bag..

get over it.  It ain't gonna change until the Chiefs are recognized as bona-fide Super Bowl contender.  That's the only reason the media discusses Green Bay.

Eraser and Ride nailed it.  But why does anyone care if ESPN spends more minutes on the decline of the Pats instead of a blowout win by the Chiefs?  Face it.  The Chiefs got blown out by the Titans and are 2-2 with a very tough schedule ahead.  Aside from us homers, they just aren't a story at this point.  Only KC fans realize that dominating the last two games was probably a bigger accomplishment than the 9-0 start over a bunch of patsies last season.  To the rest of the country, the Chiefs are a team without a number of last years pro-bowlers and with a middle of the pack record.

Archived