Kadarius Toney

The New York Daily News' Pat Leonard reports the Giants are "looking to trade" 2021 first-round WR Kadarius Toney.

Per Leonard, the Giants are the ones making the calls to other teams and seeing what they can get for last year's No. 20 overall pick. Of course, new GM Joe Schoen and coach Brian Daboll have zero attachment to Toney after he was a Dave Gettleman/Joe Judge pick. But Toney flashed big-play ability when he wasn't injured last season. There's little chance the G-Men get a first-rounder back for Toney, but he still is just 23 years old. Toney has failed to report to the Giants' voluntary offseason program, drawing the ire of Daboll, who made it a point in his media session to note Toney's absence.

12 hours ago, xen said:

No thanks.  Didn't really like him in the draft last year.  He's a gadget player with attitude issues amd reports were he wasn't studying like he should have been.  We already have a better, faster gadget player in Mecole with no attitude issues.

I'm in the other camp. I think he can be more than a gadget player. Plus Mecole is a free agent to be. He has also had issues with drops, and from every interview I've seen and his decision making on the field, he appears to be dumb as a box of rocks. 

I think Toney would absolutely be worth a 3rd or 4th. But I liked him coming out, so...🤷‍♂️

Who wouldn't be miserable on that Giants team, but I agree with some here. Not a fan of this player.  As far as size and measurables, we already have a better version of this WR in Hardman.

We have more concerning needs in this draft and late FA market. Fix the piss poor defence!

1 hour ago, arrowhead said:

Get him with 3 years left on his rookie deal and if he gets his shit together, the 5th year. 

Yeah but for what you'd likely have to pay you can probably just grab a better prospect this year.  Guy runs shit routes.  If you want a fun gadget player with inside outside potential and more speed and athleticism go get Calvin Austin in the 3rd.

4 hours ago, arrowhead said:

Get him with 3 years left on his rookie deal and if he gets his shit together, the 5th year. 

If a guy can't get his act together in college which is essentially an interview for a dream job in the pros, can't get to practice on time and ready to go, can't bother to learn the play book, and just has a bad attitude in general, then five years won't cure him.  Chiefs should pass at any price. 

7 hours ago, sith13 said:

Toney is one of those guys that I wouldn't mind picking up on a 1-year vet minimum deal once he gets released but trading anything for a guy like him is just a waste IMO. 

If you are willing to take a flyer then why not trade a seventh for him and those team controlled 4 years.

6 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

If you are willing to take a flyer then why not trade a seventh for him and those team controlled 4 years.

Not sure how much of his contract we would be taking over since I don't know its details but I wouldn't want to take on the extra cap that comes with a 1st round pick. 

5 hours ago, sith13 said:

Not sure how much of his contract we would be taking over since I don't know its details but I wouldn't want to take on the extra cap that comes with a 1st round pick. 

2022:  $1.28M

2023:  $1.9M

2024:  $2.53M

Then 5th year option would be the AVG of the 3rd-25th highest prior year salaries for a WR.....so who knows haha

On 4/23/2022 at 6:24 PM, xen said:

No thanks.  Didn't really like him in the draft last year.  He's a gadget player with attitude issues amd reports were he wasn't studying like he should have been.  We already have a better, faster gadget player in Mecole with no attitude issues.

True.