Interesting take by Peter King

Shit if Jermaine Johnson falls that far we best go get him.  That's just dumb.

I'm fine with Watson in the first if all those receivers are off the board.  Athletic profiles like that don't grow on trees and you can teach the stuff he lacks.   You can't say that about the other receivers left.

11 hours ago, dhitter said:

I've read more than once that this draft will be one of the most unpredictable ever. That doesn't stop people from trying though. 

I call that the "Skip Bayless effect".  Throw 100 pieces of trash out there in the world, and then when one hits, be proclaimed the master insider...

1 hour ago, sith13 said:

7 WRs in 1st is quite the number. In such a scenario I hope Burks lasts till us instead of Watson. 

Yeah i don't know about Burks in this offense.  Really low floor player imo.  I'd take Watson over him.

6 hours ago, xen said:

Yeah i don't know about Burks in this offense.  Really low floor player imo.  I'd take Watson over him.

Burks, along with Kelce would eat up the short field.  Plus Burks runs through and over people.  I doubt HB would want to tackle him.  But if you want an "X" or go to deep threat, Burks isn't it.  Might be a good weapon, but he won't fill in for Hill. 

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Burks, along with Kelce would eat up the short field.  Plus Burks runs through and over people.  I doubt HB would want to tackle him.  But if you want an "X" or go to deep threat, Burks isn't it.  Might be a good weapon, but he won't fill in for Hill. 

Maybe.  I think he'd be great in that Shanahan offense.

14 hours ago, xen said:

I think he would be a great possession receiver in the middle to compliment Kelce and move to the outside occasionally with that great speed. We have enough speed on the outside with the current trio of receivers IMO. I don't think Burks would be a replacement for Hill though, that would be a whole other profile. 

On 4/25/2022 at 1:47 PM, arrowhead said:

Nobody knows anything. 3 days left and every GM or Head Coach is putting out so much smoke you'd think Cheech and Chong were in the house. 

King, Brooks, Jeremiah are guessing just like us.

Gonna be an interesting draft for sure.

Even funnier than the pre-draft recommendations are the post-draft grades for each team.  I love saving those to look at a couple of years later...while enclosed in a car with Cheech and Chong.

7 hours ago, sith13 said:

I think he would be a great possession receiver in the middle to compliment Kelce and move to the outside occasionally with that great speed. We have enough speed on the outside with the current trio of receivers IMO. I don't think Burks would be a replacement for Hill though, that would be a whole other profile. 

4.55 is great speed?

3 hours ago, xen said:

4.55 is great speed?

It's a matter of size and speed combo. Can't cover him with pure speedsters and can't really expect him to go below 4.40 with that build. Still has really quick feet and definitely plays faster than his 40 time. 

6 minutes ago, sith13 said:

It's a matter of size and speed combo. Can't cover him with pure speedsters and can't really expect him to go below 4.40 with that build. Still has really quick feet and definitely plays faster than his 40 time. 

I dunno.  When I watched him actually run routes (rare, they did a lot of short stuff with him in the games I saw) even slower corners and safeties stayed right in his hip pocket.  He was pretty good with 50/50 balls though.  I guess I worry how his skillset will translate.  Would probably feel comfortable in the 2nd with him I suppose.

3 minutes ago, xen said:

I dunno.  When I watched him actually run routes (rare, they did a lot of short stuff with him in the games I saw) even slower corners and safeties stayed right in his hip pocket.  He was pretty good with 50/50 balls though.  I guess I worry how his skillset will translate.  Would probably feel comfortable in the 2nd with him I suppose.

Honestly I only expected Wilson, Williams, and London to go in 1st and the rest all feel like 2nd day guys. However the "experts" seem to think these are all day 1 guys. 

I'm certain that Veach will pull the trigger on a trade up if someone high on his chart at a position of need is falling within his grasp.  Biggest needs are edge, corner, and WR. I think that it mostly would be edge and corner.  Of those two, I would guess corner, since there are so few top tier corners in any draft. If Daxton Hill is within reach, he would likely be worth a trade up. With Herbert, Wilson, and Carr in the division, it has to be someone who defends the pass that he would move up for.

Contracts push all decent wrs up the bird but imo that would be a mistake.  Use this inefficiency to grab some talent that falls.  College will pump out more and more wrs that can play early as the game evolves.  Reaching or overpaying only hamstring you later unless you hit on less talent later in the draft which is harder to do.   

3 hours ago, sith13 said:

Honestly I only expected Wilson, Williams, and London to go in 1st and the rest all feel like 2nd day guys. However the "experts" seem to think these are all day 1 guys. 

Disagree.  Olave I rate higher than Wilson.  Pickens I have as 1st round, just based on talent, without a doubt.  Without the injuries i think he's a top 15 guy.  I have Tolbert and Metchie as 1-2 round guys, both those guys should be getting way more love than they are by the draft community.   Christian Watson I have as a 1-2 as well, but that's purely a projection based on his athletic profile.   I might have Skyy Moore as a 1-2 but only got to see 1 game.  Looked really great to me.

Here's how I currently have them ranked, at least for how I think they fit with us.

1a Williams

1b London

2 Olave

3a Pickens

3b Wilson

4 Metchie

5 Tolbert

6a Watson

6b Skyy Moore

7 Calvin Austin

8a Burks

8b Alec Pierce

1 hour ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I'm certain that Veach will pull the trigger on a trade up if someone high on his chart at a position of need is falling within his grasp.  Biggest needs are edge, corner, and WR. I think that it mostly would be edge and corner.  Of those two, I would guess corner, since there are so few top tier corners in any draft. If Daxton Hill is within reach, he would likely be worth a trade up. With Herbert, Wilson, and Carr in the division, it has to be someone who defends the pass that he would move up for.

I agree. Good points. I think EDGE is the greater need. I noted poor pass rush prior to the AFC Championship game. Several here stated it would not be a problem. After all Cinn gave up 9 sacks the game prior. Well it was a problem and is worse now. Guys cant cover forever. The AFC West is full of great pass rushers of which KC has only Jones. Clark was a cheap keep based on they would have ate most of that salary anyway. I think that was a smart keep. He would likely have gotten very little money on the free agent market because he is average at best. I hope Veach moves up if a top edge guy is available.

1 hour ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I keep seeing Chiefs fans say edge and corner are bigger needs than receiver.  Honestly I think that's very short sighted considering we have 1 receiver under contract next year.

People seem to think Pat is magic and can make do with shrubbery at the receiver position.

Oh and by the way, and this is not aimed at you in any way, but I'ma bitch slap the next motherfucker that says "yeah but Tom Brady blah blah blah..."

21 minutes ago, xen said:

I keep seeing Chiefs fans say edge and corner are bigger needs than receiver.  Honestly I think that's very short sighted considering we have 1 receiver under contract next year.

People seem to think Pat is magic and can make do with shrubbery at the receiver position.

Oh and by the way, and this is not aimed at you in any way, but I'ma bitch slap the next motherfucker that says "yeah but Tom Brady blah blah blah..."

how you gonna get thru a computer screen??? You the lawnmower man or sumthing  HAHAHA