Round 1

SEMO

1 – Jacksonville – Aidan Hutchinson EDGE Michigan

Hutch and Walker are 1A and 1B. Either could go here and would make a good pass rush mate for Allen.

2 – Detroit – Travon Walker EDGE Georgia

They wisely roll another year with Goff as there is no QB worthy of 2. Walker instantly upgrades their pass rush.

3 – Houston – Sauce Gardner CB Cincinnati

Best corner in the draft. They have King but not much beyond that.

4 – NY Jets – Kayvon Thibodeaux EDGE Oregon

They go with Thibodeaux’s upside over a tackle.

5 – NY Giants – Ikem Okwonu OT NC State

I guess if they are sticking with Jones, they better protect him.

6 – Carolina – Kenny Pickett QB Pittsburgh

The Darnold trade has been a failure. Another Jets QB that couldn’t be salvaged.

7 – NY Giants – Jermaine Johnson EDGE Florida St

Pass rush has to be upgraded. Johnson is this year’s biggest riser.

8 – Atlanta – Garrett Wilson WR Ohio St

They could go QB here, but have nothing at receiver. They are in full rebuild mode.

9 – Seattle – Malik Willis QB Liberty

They have Lock and are reportedly talking with another jag, but Willis has the measurables.

10 – Philadelphia (from NYJ) – Derek Stingley CB LSU

Philly trades 15 and 101 to NYJ for 10. They reportedly love Stingley and this pick keeps them from wasting another 1st rounder on a WR.

11 – New Orleans – Desmond Ridder QB Cincinnati

NO trades 16 and 120 to Wash for 11. He needs to sit a year, but could be a steal.

12 – Minnesota – Kyle Hamilton S Notre Dame

They need secondary help and roll with the BPA on their board.

13 – Houston – Evan Neal OT Alabama

Cannon was released. Neal is a road grader.

14 – Baltimore – Jordan Davis DT Georgia

Campbell resigned, but they need a replacement for Williams.

15 – NY Jets (from Philly) – Charles Cross OT Mississippi St

Could use some Oline help.

16 – Washington(from NO) – Drake London WR USC

There is nothing after Mclaurin.

17 – LA Chargers – Devonte Wyatt DT Georgia

That Mahomes kid makes you reach.

18 – Philadelphia – Jameson Williams WR Alabama

I lied. They do throw another 1st round dart at receiver. Williams could be the next big thing. Or his slight frame could keep him in the tub in the NFL.

19 – New Orleans – Treylon Burks WR Arkansas

Does Michael Thomas even want to play? They have showed a lot of attn to Burks.

He helps whoever their QB is.

20 – Pittsburgh – Sam Howell QB North Carolina

Pitt uncharacteristically reaches. But what other choice do they have?

21 – Kansas City – Chris Olave WR Ohio St

KC trades 29 and 103 for 21. Bill is begging to get back from 21. Olave is the best route runner in the draft.

22 - Green Bay – Boye Mafe EDGE Minnesota

WR is certainly an option here, but they need pass rush help as well.

23 – Arizona – Trent McDuffie CB Washington

They need someone to pair with Murphy. They signed Gladney, but he has not panned out in the NFL.

24 – Dallas – Kenyon Green OG Texas A&M

They need guard and RT help. Green can help with either.

25 – Buffalo – Kaiir Elam CB Florida

13 seconds.

26 – Tennessee – Devin Lloyd LB Utah

Brown signed with the faiders.

27 – Tampa Bay – Zion Johnson OG Boston College

Help is needed on the interior.

28 – Atlanta – Matt Corral QB Ole Miss

Atlanta trades 43 and 82 to Green Bay for 28. A crazy offseason QB debacle forces them to reach for a QB. Corral is talented and can compete with Mariota. But, his ceiling is round 2.

29 – New England(from KC) - George Karlaftis EDGE Purdue

They need another guy to pair with Judon and Karlaftis just seems like he was born to be a patriot.

30 – Chicago(from KC) – Trevor Penning OT Northern Iown

Chicago trades 48 and 71 to KC for 30. They have to protect Fields if he has any chance to succeed.

31 – Cincinnati – Andrew Booth CB Clemson

Eli Apple is still on the roster.

32 – Detroit – Lewis Cine S Georgia

Walker was resigned, but they need another safety.

Agree with your KC trade concepts but thought it would be a little different.  If Williams is there at 15 or later, I think Veach will try to move up for him.  And the trade down is a little too far for a team in need of starting EDGE and DB..  They might still get Drake Jackson, but Hill Cine, and Booth will be long gone..  Maybe trade down to 35-38 with a QB hungry team, but not all the way to 48. 

I don’t think 48 is too far because, let’s face it, the top 4 edges are gone by 10.  After that is Mafe and Karlaftis.  There is a lot of value from mid 2 through round 3 according to Veach.  That trade gives them three 2s and three 3s.  Thomas, Pashcal, Jackson could all be had.  There is room to take a RT and a DT, etc.

However, if they are willing to move up more than 21, it has to be for edge, and they will be gone.  So, they might stand pat and make picks at 29 and 30.

We shall see…

5 hours ago, Obi Won Mahome said:

I don’t think we trade back to get additional draft picks.  If anything, we will trade up, not back.

I was saying the Chiefs could do both.  My comment on the OP was that trading back to 48 eliminated the chance to get a DB earlier.  Cine, Hill, or Booth could be there in the mid 30s.  The Chiefs need one of them or another starting DB.  JMHO

7 hours ago, SEMO said:

I don’t think 48 is too far because, let’s face it, the top 4 edges are gone by 10.  After that is Mafe and Karlaftis.  There is a lot of value from mid 2 through round 3 according to Veach.  That trade gives them three 2s and three 3s.  Thomas, Pashcal, Jackson could all be had.  There is room to take a RT and a DT, etc.

However, if they are willing to move up more than 21, it has to be for edge, and they will be gone.  So, they might stand pat and make picks at 29 and 30.

We shall see…

I have Ebiketie over both those guys.  I like all 3 but I went back and watched this kid again and he's just a beast.  Yeah he's a little shorter but he has long arms and knows how to use em.  What he brings that the other 2 maybe lack is elite bend and shiftiness.  Reminds me of Ingram and tested similar as well with elite COD and explosion metrics

1 hour ago, xen said:

I have Ebiketie over both those guys.  I like all 3 but I went back and watched this kid again and he's just a beast.  Yeah he's a little shorter but he has long arms and knows how to use em.  What he brings that the other 2 maybe lack is elite bend and shiftiness.  Reminds me of Ingram and tested similar as well with elite COD and explosion metrics

I have Mafe higher.  Don't like Karlaftis anywhere before 50.  Is Ebiketie a three down player?  I guess he could play the wide 9 and go get the QB on 3rd down.  I like his speed and athleticism.  Just doesn't seem like a guy Spags would value.  idk

9 hours ago, jetlord said:

I was saying the Chiefs could do both.  My comment on the OP was that trading back to 48 eliminated the chance to get a DB earlier.  Cine, Hill, or Booth could be there in the mid 30s.  The Chiefs need one of them or another starting DB.  JMHO

And when has Veach ever taken a DB before 48?  He does not put a high value on them.  Basically confirmed it in his presser the other day.  Thornhill went at 63.  That is the highest I can remember.  

Veach drafts

124 - Armani Watts

201 - Rashad Fenton

63 - Juan Thornhill

237 - BoPete Keyes

138 - L'Jarius Sneed

Maybe it is smoke and he is looking at taking one high.  Not his MO though.

17 minutes ago, SEMO said:

I have Mafe higher.  Don't like Karlaftis anywhere before 50.  Is Ebiketie a three down player?  I guess he could play the wide 9 and go get the QB on 3rd down.  I like his speed and athleticism.  Just doesn't seem like a guy Spags would value.  idk

I'm a fan of Karlaftis and would be fine with any of those 3 where we pick.

Feed Ebiketie some biscuits and he can be a 3 down player.  Or leave him at that weight and put him at Sam in base and move him up to the line on pass rush.  Has a higher pass rush upside than the other 2 imo.

6 hours ago, SEMO said:

And when has Veach ever taken a DB before 48?  He does not put a high value on them.  Basically confirmed it in his presser the other day.  Thornhill went at 63.  That is the highest I can remember.  

Veach drafts

124 - Armani Watts

201 - Rashad Fenton

63 - Juan Thornhill

237 - BoPete Keyes

138 - L'Jarius Sneed

To be fair, Veach has only had one draft pick earlier than 46.  And even that was 32 when he took CEH with it.  I'm not sure we know what his MO for high picks is yet.  

9 hours ago, SEMO said:

Veach drafts

124 - Armani Watts

201 - Rashad Fenton

63 - Juan Thornhill

237 - BoPete Keyes

138 - L'Jarius Sneed

Point taken, but when has Veach ever faced such a lack of bodies and talent in the DB room.  HB, Watt, Ward, Hughes, and yes even Sorenson gone and Reid the only replacement so far.  Both CB and S scream for starting quality reinforcements.  Veach has to know those needs. 

29 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Point taken, but when has Veach ever faced such a lack of bodies and talent in the DB room.  HB, Watt, Ward, Hughes, and yes even Sorenson gone and Reid the only replacement so far.  Both CB and S scream for starting quality reinforcements.  Veach has to know those needs. 

I hope he does go corner early.  Booth or Elam could be there at the end of 1.  Lewis Cine is my favorite safety in the draft, after Hamilton.  He might be there as well.  

But, guys who can play on day 1, like Cross, Cook, Bryant, Mathis, etc will be around 40-70.  

The great thing about having multiple day one and two picks is that there are lots of options.  Two days out.  I'm excited to see what they do.

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

We've also seen Veach pick up some trash off the street, slapped a helmet on it, and it did surprisingly well in the backfield.

34 minutes ago, xen said:

We've also seen Veach pick up some trash off the street, slapped a helmet on it, and it did surprisingly well in the backfield.

He's patched up the D backfield, but I wouldn't use the term "surprisingly well". HB wasn't exactly "trash" and Baker and Hughes were/are average at best.  Most of the other names are unknowns although I will concede that the Chiefs got a lot of service out of Ward. 

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

He's patched up the D backfield, but I wouldn't use the term "surprisingly well". HB wasn't exactly "trash" and Baker and Hughes were/are average at best.  Most of the other names are unknowns although I will concede that the Chiefs got a lot of service out of Ward. 

Breeland came off the street and gave us more than we should have expected.  In fact he turned over the entire backfield in 2019 and other than cap space, spent a 2nd rd pick (thornhill) plus Parker Ehinger (ward).  Paid jack shit for breeland and picked up mathieu, who was a great signing.