#1.29

#2.50

#3.103

#7.259

Hardman, WR

Chiefs get:

#1.10, take Jameson Williams WR

Mekhi Becton, OT

Reports are that the Jets are loving the top OTs in the draft and strong shot they will take a guy like Ikem Ekwon and the former 1st round pick Becton will move over.  Jets could think that they can fill Becton’s shoes easy enough that gaining those extra picks make it easy.  They also have been wanting a speedster WR and almost got Hill from us.  Now Hardman isn’t Hill but could still provide a speedy wr they are looking for.  

Veach gets us a elite WR plus finishes up the best Oline in the NFL with Becton as our RT.

4 hours ago, Balto said:

I see your point but I just don’t see Hardman resigning after this season so why not get value from him now

Hardman would be wise to resign with the Chiefs. Not many teams out there will have the offense with a QB like ours. I think Chiefs would be wise to sign him to an extension now because if he does explode this year, he will be gone.

5 hours ago, Balto said:

I see your point but I just don’t see Hardman resigning after this season so why not get value from him now

Because the Chiefs aren't writing off this season and they need hi for this year.  Why are you thinking Hardman won't be resigned? 

30 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Because the Chiefs aren't writing off this season and they need hi for this year.  Why are you thinking Hardman won't be resigned? 

Because MEH type WRs are getting $18M+ a year and with already having a Super Bowl ring why wouldn't he chase the money.....Don't see any chance in hell Veach is the highest bidder for Hardman.

Got another trade idea:

Seattle gets:

#1.29

#1.30

#3.103

Hardman, WR

Chiefs get:

#2.40

#2.41

Metcalf, WR

Pretty equal trade value and Veach can work his magic with those two 2nd rounders.

22 minutes ago, jetlord said:

I can't answer why Balto thinks he won't be resigned but i think its a possibility he plays himself out of KC.  

His numbers have gone up every year.  Last year he had 59 receptions for 693.  I think with Hill gone and them seeming to find a good role for him especially towards the end of the year i don't think its outta the realm of possibility he adds 1 catch a game. He does that you are looking right around 75 receptions and 900 with probably over 1000 scrimmage yds.  

Christian Kirk had very similiar numbers to 75 n 900 and is  going to get 14 mill average over the next 2 yrs and got 37 guaranteed. Hardman gets to 75 n 900 he will get 15 with the WR market being what it is.  Not saying we are out at that point but i can see some team throwing good money at him that we won't want to match.  

I just don't get everyone's extreme obsession with us trading so much to get Williams. I get that Williams is fast but we just had we had Hill who was arguably the fastest, quickest, and the most agile WR in the NFL and he averaged under 12 yards a reception. This draft has lots of fast WR so why do we need to spend so much to get him especially with all the other needs we have? 

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

Just saw on nfl network show they were showing trade scenarios for 3rd overall pick from Houston.

They showed us giving up 29, 30 and next years first.

This would leave us with two 3nds and 3rds still too. Who would we want that high? DE if one is there like Hutchinson?

lunacy

1 hour ago, THEWIZARD said:

If he has a decent year and signs a nice contract elsewhere they'll possibly get a third rounder out of it.

Never know

In this trade we get high 3rd/low 2nd round value THIS YEAR

2 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Just saw on nfl network show they were showing trade scenarios for 3rd overall pick from Houston.

They showed us giving up 29, 30 and next years first.

This would leave us with two 3nds and 3rds still too. Who would we want that high? DE if one is there like Hutchinson?

3 1sts for a non-QB. Veach would be fired before the 2nd round. 

17 minutes ago, THEWIZARD said:

I see your point but that would open up another hole. We would have to replace him with a WR that doesn’t know the offense.

Metcalf, JuJu, Marquez as our starters will be fine.  Throw in Josh Gordon and the rest and should be fine....grab another rookie WR in mid rounds or heck in the 2nd now that we have 4 of them

3 hours ago, Balto said:

Because MEH type WRs are getting $18M+ a year and with already having a Super Bowl ring why wouldn't he chase the money.....Don't see any chance in hell Veach is the highest bidder for Hardman.

Could be franchised. This season is his time to shine.

31 minutes ago, Balto said:

Metcalf, JuJu, Marquez as our starters will be fine.  Throw in Josh Gordon and the rest and should be fine....grab another rookie WR in mid rounds or heck in the 2nd now that we have 4 of them

DK Metcalf? He probably wants Hill kind of money. If that's the case they should have just resigned Reek.

3 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

If Hutchinson is the next Nick Bosa and then giving up in essence three second round picks it’s totally worth it.  Not saying he is but if you think he is then you pull the trigger in a second.

I’d guess that it would take 4 1st rounders not 3

7 hours ago, Balto said:

I don't understand the fascination with Metcalf.  He will want to be the highest paid WR next year and the Chiefs can't afford that.  It would be a repeat of the Clark contract and if Metcalf didn't work out here or if he got injured, the Chiefs would be cap cripples for years.  Just pass on Metcalf. 

5 hours ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

I don’t know how realistic these trades are, but i do agree with balto on this is almost certainly hardmans last season here. He seems like one of those type of wrs some stupid team will throw big money at even though he is a #3 wr type of guy at best.

Hopefully it'll be Hardman's last year because he'll be in a position to get a good deal in FA. However his trade value at this point is probably very low and that 1 year of production with the possibility of a comp. pick in 2024 seems like a better deal than a likely conditional pick in this year's draft or marginal value in a package deal.

People keep forgetting that whomever comes in as the rookie WR is likely to have limited production as they generally do in Reid's system. So even the familiarity with the current offense has good value that no other team will care about. 

4 hours ago, sith13 said:

Hopefully it'll be Hardman's last year because he'll be in a position to get a good deal in FA. However his trade value at this point is probably very low and that 1 year of production with the possibility of a comp. pick in 2024 seems like a better deal than a likely conditional pick in this year's draft or marginal value in a package deal.

People keep forgetting that whomever comes in as the rookie WR is likely to have limited production as they generally do in Reid's system. So even the familiarity with the current offense has good value that no other team will care about. 

Yeah I'd agree with this.  Plus if he blows up with the Z reps and you don't want to sign him just tag and trade.

Before we get too trade up happy, I hope they consider the fact the we only have 22 player under contract in 2023.  Those 22 players will have a $187 million cap hit.

Clark is $30M with 9M dead space. (probably should have bit the bullet this year on him) He will be gone.

Jones is $27M with 7M dead space. He will likely be in his last year here.

Thuney is $22M with 35M dead space. He isn't going anywhere.

MVS is $11M with $4M dead space. He is 50/50 to be cut depending on whether he produces.