Trade ideas you’d like to see

28 minutes ago, DieHard said:

Before we get too trade up happy, I hope they consider the fact the we only have 22 player under contract in 2023.  Those 22 players will have a $187 million cap hit.

Clark is $30M with 9M dead space. (probably should have bit the bullet this year on him) He will be gone.

Jones is $27M with 7M dead space. He will likely be in his last year here.

Thuney is $22M with 35M dead space. He isn't going anywhere.

MVS is $11M with $4M dead space. He is 50/50 to be cut depending on whether he produces. 

Aren't your Clark numbers a bit off?  The Chiefs redid his contract this winter and this will be his last year.  Jones will be reworked or traded.  Unlike Clark, he has value. 

On 4/26/2022 at 11:12 PM, THEWIZARD said:

I like it except for them getting Hardman. If they did that they would need another WR besides Williams. I think Hardman might be getting it together.

I disagree.  Williams, MVS, Juju are set at 1-3, then we can let Fountain/Coleman/Fortson/Gordon develop while fighting for the Pringle/Robinson role from last season...

Guys I swear i am not saying this to start arguments, this has nothing to do with my feeling on orlando brown.

but there is rumors of the chiefs trying to trade brown during the draft because contract talks aren’t going great and letting thuney play LT. Now is this real or not, who knows, but i found it interesting 

3 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Guys I swear i am not saying this to start arguments, this has nothing to do with my feeling on orlando brown.

but there is rumors of the chiefs trying to trade brown during the draft because contract talks aren’t going great and letting thuney play LT. Now is this real or not, who knows, but i found it interesting 

that'd be a shocker but he's been tagged so why is it important for the contract talks to be "going well" at this early stage? Honest question.

14 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Interesting. I still think KC will replace Brown next year.  Got other guys to pay. 

13 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

that'd be a shocker but he's been tagged so why is it important for the contract talks to be "going well" at this early stage? Honest question.

I mean if brown is demanding top LT dollar and the chiefs think he is closer to average they can get back a 2nd, save 17 mil on the cap, use the dollars to sign an edge and draft a guard to slide into thuneys spot the team gets better

26 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Rumors from where?

7 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

I mean if brown is demanding top LT dollar and the chiefs think he is closer to average they can get back a 2nd, save 17 mil on the cap, use the dollars to sign an edge and draft a guard to slide into thuneys spot the team gets better

I think that's a reach.  The Chiefs may very well draft a guard but I heard it speculated by Timmy Grunhard that Trey Smith is the quintessential  RT. He speculated that  the Chiefs will move him to RT and draft a replacement he also mentioned that a WR will be the only other Offensive pick and the rest will be defense.

6 hours ago, oldtimer said:

I think that's a reach.  The Chiefs may very well draft a guard but I heard it speculated by Timmy Grunhard that Trey Smith is the quintessential  RT. He speculated that  the Chiefs will move him to RT and draft a replacement he also mentioned that a WR will be the only other Offensive pick and the rest will be defense.

Grunny is off of his rocker.  Trey Smith has all pro guard potential.  But, he does not have the speed or lateral moves to play tackle.

8 hours ago, WichitaZRide said:

I disagree.  Williams, MVS, Juju are set at 1-3, then we can let Fountain/Coleman/Fortson/Gordon develop while fighting for the Pringle/Robinson role from last season...

I disagree with your disagreement. Williams may not be available to start right away and WRs generally take a while to learn Reids offense. Let Hardman come back. It's a contract year so he'll be highly motivated. Let him walk in FA and get a third rd comp pick for him. That's a better return than throwing him in as an afterthought in a trade this year

14 hours ago, oldtimer said:

I think that was the plan with Niang if he didn't skip his rookie season. However Smith seems to have all-pro potential at RG and doesn't make sense to disrupt his development there. We may have our best interior line of this century and I think that is worth keeping intact. 

I definitely expect an OT to come in tomorrow and compete with Niang for the RT role and eventually start somewhere. 

19 hours ago, jetlord said:

Sure not my understanding of the reworked Clark deal.  Maybe someone else could clarify. 

They basically reworked his deal for this year to add about 3 million to his dead money to stay for this year. I'm guessing that's the money that came off his dead money next year but the rest is correct. He had one of those inflated contracts with unreasonable money towards the end that will save us around 20 million for the cap next year. 

5 hours ago, sith13 said:

They basically reworked his deal for this year to add about 3 million to his dead money to stay for this year. I'm guessing that's the money that came off his dead money next year but the rest is correct. He had one of those inflated contracts with unreasonable money towards the end that will save us around 20 million for the cap next year. 

Just to clarify for Diehard, what is the dead money for Clark when he's released after this season?  My understanding is that it's very low compared to if he was released this spring. 

1 minute ago, jetlord said:

Just to clarify for Diehard, what is the dead money for Clark when he's released after this season?  My understanding is that it's very low compared to if he was released this spring. 

Yep, it'll be 9 million dead money against 19 million saved next year. His cap hit for this year prior to the restructure was over 26 million and his release this spring would mean about 13.6 million in dead money. So the Chiefs basically decided to keep him for the dead money he would cost this year but still have 9 million dead for next year.