final mock

liquidfriend

Well the last mock I did, they did the ol' okie doke and traded off Tyreek after I mused about it in the past.  Hurts in the short term, but long term it's a good decision.

But with that said, plans changed.

1.  Jameson WIlliams WR  Alabama

2 things I'm hearing a lot in this draft.  Teams in the 5-15 range are looking to move down and the Chiefs are targeting WR hard and lust for Williams.

I think they can move up this year for a bargain and I think for a team like the Ravens, it makes sense to move around some and get more talent in that sweet spot (30-65 range).

Chiefs send picks 29 and 50 to Ravens for 14 and 100.

2.  Sam Williams DE  Ole Miss

The Chiefs send 30 and 135 to the Atlanta Falcons for 43 and 74.

The Falcons move up to secure Matt Corral before the Lions or Seahawks get a chance while the Chiefs reshuffle their picks after moving up earlier.  The Chiefs start adding to the rush.

2.  DeMarvin Neal  DT  Texas AM

The Chiefs will have to move on from Chris Jones in a year.  Time to get the budget version of him.

3.  Jalen Pitre  DB  Baylor

Here's your HB replacement.

3.  Logan Hall DE  Houston

Won't be a 10+ sack kind of guy, but he will set the edge for you and clamp down on runs to the outside and take the action back inside for the others to clean up.

3.  Akayleb Evans  CB  Missouri

Here's some CB help

3.  Tariq Castro-Fields  CB  Penn State

They will be losing a lot of options at CB soon so I think doubling up would be wise.

4. Max Mitchell OT  Louisiana-Lay

Some more comp at RT.

4. Grant Morgan  LB  Arkansas

Here's your missing piece at LB

7.  Gerrit Prince  TE  UAB

7.  Michael Young  WR  Cincinnati

7.  Khalan Tolson  LB  Illinois 

I don't see Sam Williams as a high second round pick.  Cam Thomas is rated higher on nearly every board and fits the Spags mold just as well.  Then there's quite a few others who most rank ahead of Williams if the Chiefs go more for pass rush rather than end defenders.  The trades up and down with the first round picks makes sense and is a real possibility.  

Just now, jetlord said:

I don't see Sam Williams as a high second round pick.  Cam Thomas is rated higher on nearly every board and fits the Spags mold just as well.  Then there's quite a few others who most rank ahead of Williams if the Chiefs go more for pass rush rather than end defenders.  The trades up and down with the first round picks makes sense and is a real possibility.  

Williams is explosive as hell. He is more raw, but his ceiling as a pass rusher is much higher than Thomas'.