Merry Draftmas! Draft Day Megathread

Just now, Iluvhouse24 said:

You dont think a first rd corner makes our team better?

In the grand scheme of things, not really.  It’s a qb league, you need the guy that can sling it and you need guys that can sack him. 

Here’s my rationale.  Remember the first loss to the Bengals?  Chase torched us, despite perfect coverage. Getting better at coverage doesn’t fix that.  A well placed ball is advantage receiver.  I just don’t value corners like ten or more years ago. 

I don't know much about this guy but have heard his a name a lot. I knew a lot of you wouldn't like it. I don't mind drafting a CB, just a little worried about his size. It's said he's very smart, which is good. Glad they still have 30

Just now, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Ok fine i will adjust my attitude again to keep everyone happy.

we are going to the superbowl !!!

back to seriousness, im now rooting for trading out of round 1 and getting our 3rd or 4th back

Crans we had 12 PICKS!! Did you really think we were really gonna draft 12 players dude? Cmon

2 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Ok fine i will adjust my attitude again to keep everyone happy.

we are going to the superbowl !!!

back to seriousness, im now rooting for trading out of round 1 and getting our 3rd or 4th back

I like it!

2 minutes ago, moons314 said:

In the grand scheme of things, not really.  It’s a qb league, you need the guy that can sling it and you need guys that can sack him. 

Here’s my rationale.  Remember the first loss to the Bengals?  Chase torched us, despite perfect coverage. Getting better at coverage doesn’t fix that.  A well placed ball is advantage receiver.  I just don’t value corners like ten or more years ago. 

Smart man here

3 minutes ago, moons314 said:

That's naive. Adding a player of his caliber to a defense that has a huge need at CB unquestionably improves us. 

And during free agency we lost the guy that had "perfect" coverage on chase during that game anyway. 

McDuffie is going to be better than Ward and will cost about 1/5 the money.