Merry Draftmas! Draft Day Megathread

1 minute ago, arrowhead said:

You need to take a happy pill. It's half full, brother.

I’m ok with the pick.  It’s value for sure.  We ain’t finding Aiden Hutchinson at 30 but he is very linear with not much bend.  He isn’t all that great vs the run either.  His upside is his age and ability to develop.   

1 minute ago, AFCWEST said:

I dont think Spags makes the call by him self. Reid has input on everything Chiefs as well. 

Oh I'm sure Spags doesn't get to make the call himself but based on the pick I know spags had something to do with it

3 minutes ago, artsy said:

Right...why would spags want a speed rusher off the edge...we need another frank Clark that's good against the run.

Johnson wasn't a speed rusher per se.  Karlaftis actually had a higher pressure rate.

Johnson was better against the rush

1 minute ago, xen said:

I have no idea on that one.  Good vs run and pass, has the size.  Might not have interviewed well for all I know

They have to get some speed rushers.  Even some guys like Malone or Bonnito in the wide 9.  Clark and Karlaftis are not going to effect the QB enough on their own.

2 minutes ago, SEMO said:

They have to get some speed rushers.  Even some guys like Malone or Bonnito in the wide 9.  Clark and Karlaftis are not going to effect the QB enough on their own.

If the plan is to build around CJ, I think that's fine.  Pressure is cumulative.  Yes we do need another pass rusher though.  Would love to take a flier on ojabo

4 minutes ago, robgar said:

and is the newest to football, extremely quick first step.. but a bit raw..

If you ask me, we just drafted Tamba Hali.

I hope you guys are right. Karloftis tape looks pretty bland to me. No real burst, no bend...just a high motor guy that hustles hard...sound familiar??? Give you hint...his initials were DS.

Just now, jetlord said:

Ojabo if they can sign a FA (Ingram).  Otherwise I wouldn't mind Cam Thomas. 

Cam Thomas, Logan Hall, Mafe, Ebiketie, Ojabo, Sam Williams, Alex Wright, Enigbare, Drake Jackson.  Just a ton of good pass rushers left