Merry Draftmas! Draft Day Megathread

1 minute ago, xen said:

Cam Thomas, Logan Hall, Mafe, Ebiketie, Ojabo, Sam Williams, Alex Wright, Enigbare, Drake Jackson.  Just a ton of good pass rushers left

Ok xen you're making me feel better bro. We need speed off the edge...

1 minute ago, artsy said:

Ok xen you're making me feel better bro. We need speed off the edge...

That's not all of em.  Also some lighter guys you could put at Sam or even a true Sam like Beavers.  Both the Oklahoma guys can rush the passer.   There's some later fliers based on athletic profile like Barno. Just a lot of options.

Just now, jetlord said:

Didn't see it  That's why I asked.  Someone mentioned that he was threatening not to play again.  Same ol' stuff, different year. 

Lol- I was laughing 

again they went defense and no weapons! Lmao 

7 minutes ago, xen said:

That's not all of em.  Also some lighter guys you could put at Sam or even a true Sam like Beavers.  Both the Oklahoma guys can rush the passer.   There's some later fliers based on athletic profile like Barno. Just a lot of options.

Yea I'm a sooner fan so I know about Bonito and winfrey..just not sure they'll be there. 

Shit I wanted Johnson soo bad I had a freaking hard on!! 

13 minutes ago, artsy said:

I hope you guys are right. Karloftis tape looks pretty bland to me. No real burst, no bend...just a high motor guy that hustles hard...sound familiar??? Give you hint...his initials were DS.

He actually has a lot of explosion and burst.  His explosion metrics back that up, and thats usually a good predictor for dline along with the early splits in the 40.  Huge motor as well.

download (2) (3).jpeg

13 minutes ago, artsy said:

I hope you guys are right. Karloftis tape looks pretty bland to me. No real burst, no bend...just a high motor guy that hustles hard...sound familiar??? Give you hint...his initials were DS.

watch the year 1 tape, vs the year 3 tape.. first year played out of control, to much the third year, second year doesnt count becasue it didnt really happen..

he can bend, played water polo, and pretty good at shot put..

pretty freakish numbers.. and well studies handfighting with a fast step and serious power.

Veach got two day 1 starters of first round quality, both at our greatest positions of need. No projects.  No maybe's.  Day 1 ready.  I am really happy with round 1, especially Karlaftis.  Now the rubber hits the road tomorrow.  So many good players and receivers.  Have Veach's scouts found the gems?

Karlaftis was a solid value pick at 30. I, like many of you, wanted Johnson out of FSU. But Karlaftis is hardly a major step down. He has explosion off the line and violent hands. He does a good job converting initial burst to power. He will produce year one.

33 minutes ago, xen said:

He actually has a lot of explosion and burst.  His explosion metrics back that up, and thats usually a good predictor for dline along with the early splits in the 40.  Huge motor as well.

download (2) (3).jpeg

along with multisport athlete, and never gets tired.. I think we did well, really well..  the bench numbers are a bit funny to me here, as they dont really match what you see on film.. nor his track and field abilities..  but that 20 yard split..  vertical and broad jump...  and the handfighting skills..

4 minutes ago, Palangi said:

I didn’t like the trade up to her mcduffie. I thought we may have given up too much. 
but to come away with two picks that were projected to 15 talents is good. In fact Karlaftis was a top 10 pick early in this process. 

i think we got 2 high quality starters out this first round

Someone before mentioned it was in line with the draft chart for point value before. I don't follow the point system,  but if true and we got the 3rd rated cb from it.....I like it.

Just now, kkuenn said:

Someone before mentioned it was in line with the draft chart for point value before. I don't follow the point system,  but if true and we got the 3rd rated cb from it.....I like it.

2nd rated cb.. and probably the best one for us.