Merry Draftmas! Draft Day Megathread

44 minutes ago, soonerborn77 said:

I liked the picks.  Our defense is going to be young and nasty.  You mix in these two guys to Bolton/Gay along with signing Reed then our defense will be much improved.  There's lots of talent at WR in the middle rounds so we didn't need to reach for one in the first.

I feel like we are doing a good job of building the defense through day 1 of the draft.

I still want to see us pick another DE, then grab a veteran defensive lineman to bolster our DL.  To me DL is our biggest weakness as a team.

I was really worried Veach was going to ignore DL like he has all off-season then go with a WR with our second pick.  I’d say he did a great job looking back on rd 1 today.

18 minutes ago, Dan4pres said:

Karlaftis reminds me a little of Maxx Crosby, and not just be cause he's a white guy... He has similar suddenness and hand skills. Not sure he's as quick or as polished but if he's half the player that Crosby is, I'll be very happy with this pick.

That would be awesome 

40 minutes ago, Dan4pres said:

Karlaftis reminds me a little of Maxx Crosby, and not just be cause he's a white guy... He has similar suddenness and hand skills. Not sure he's as quick or as polished but if he's half the player that Crosby is, I'll be very happy with this pick.

I've seen some comparisons to Ryan Kerrigan.  I have no idea if that's true. 

56 minutes ago, Dan4pres said:

image.thumb.jpeg.aea2dc47fd5bbd13efe05bae5da0237a.jpeg

mocking the rest of the draft

2. George Pickens WR 6’3” 200

2. Nick Cross S 6’ 205

3. Amare Barno DE 6’5” 250

4. Tyquan Thornton WR 6’2” 180

7. LaBryan Ray DT 6’4” 290

7. AJ Arcuri OT 6’7” 320

7. Tayland Humphreys DT 6’4” 330

7. Tyrion Davis-Price RB 6’ 220

1 hour ago, Dan4pres said:

Thought the same maybe less explosive but more strength.

Anyone else find it odd that his 40 was kinda slow overall and his 10 yard split was MEH…..but his 20 yard split was insanely good?

Makes me wonder if he just got off to a bad start and his speed kicked in?

Just seems weird to me

I can see them drafting a TE on day two. 

I like this guy 

Isaiah Likely, Coastal Carolina (SR, 6'5", 245 pounds)

Likely led draft-eligible tight ends in touchdowns last year (12). Likely had a career-best 59/912/12line in 2021, but he scored at least five touchdowns in all four of his seasons at Coastal Carolina. Likely is a weapon in the vertical passing game, having scored five career touchdowns of 50-plus yards, and should develop into a quality pass-catching option at the next level due to his plus athleticism, route running and hands.

The Chiefs did what they needed to do last night and we should be satisfied with it.  My only regret in retrospect is giving up a top 100 pick, but that's probably not too much if McD is a solid starting CB.  They could have had Karlaftis and Dax Hill, but who knew at the time and McDuffie is a better pure coverage guy.  What's amazing is that the Chiefs got great value at 31 and 30 and both filled their greatest needs.  There's still a number of quality WRs on the board along with S, OT, DT, and LB.  Expect Veach to use some sevenths to move up in two and three.  WR at 50 or 62, then double at any of the three need positions or get the replacement for Hitchens, Neiman, or Sorenson.  It would be great to see DT Jones or LB Muma, S Cross or Cook or one of the third round RTs picked up.  Lot of good choices to go.  

4 minutes ago, jetlord said:

The Chiefs did what they needed to do last night and we should be satisfied with it.  My only regret in retrospect is giving up a top 100 pick, but that's probably not too much if McD is a solid starting CB.  They could have had Karlaftis and Dax Hill, but who knew at the time and McDuffie is a better pure coverage guy.  What's amazing is that the Chiefs got great value at 31 and 30 and both filled their greatest needs.  There's still a number of quality WRs on the board along with S, OT, DT, and LB.  Expect Veach to use some sevenths to move up in two and three.  WR at 50 or 62, then double at any of the three need positions or get the replacement for Hitchens, Neiman, or Sorenson.  It would be great to see DT Jones or LB Muma, S Cross or Cook or one of the third round RTs picked up.  Lot of good choices to go.  

Yeah, I would really like one of the potential stud DEs (Ojabo, Mafe, Ebiketie) then land a pair of good WRs. 

14 minutes ago, gochiefsgo said:

I can see them drafting a TE on day two. 

I like this guy 

Isaiah Likely, Coastal Carolina (SR, 6'5", 245 pounds)

Likely led draft-eligible tight ends in touchdowns last year (12). Likely had a career-best 59/912/12line in 2021, but he scored at least five touchdowns in all four of his seasons at Coastal Carolina. Likely is a weapon in the vertical passing game, having scored five career touchdowns of 50-plus yards, and should develop into a quality pass-catching option at the next level due to his plus athleticism, route running and hands.

TE would be good with me. McBride would be my choice, but it's like 1a 1b.

12 minutes ago, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

Yeah, I would really like one of the potential stud DEs (Ojabo, Mafe, Ebiketie) then land a pair of good WRs. 

I think another DE would be great.  I don't see Clark taking as many snaps as he did in the past. Of course everyone wants to find a replacement for Hill, but maybe a better balanced team would be better.  An improved D could negate the need to score 30 points a game and the whichever team has the ball last wins games.

1 minute ago, arrowhead said:

TE would be good with me. McBride would be my choice, but it's like 1a 1b.

Definitely.
I’m just impressed with this guys big play ability. 
They were high on Noah Grey after the draft last year,  and they still might be, but Mahomes kinda stopped looking his way after a couple of times where a solid pass simply went through his fingers.. 

1 hour ago, Troyofoc said:

Thought the same maybe less explosive but more strength.

Based on highlights I’ve seen, the kid has plenty of closing speed. Already appears to be quicker than any DE on the roster. Now just need another DE who can apply instant pressure who can be added to the mix.

17 minutes ago, VIChiefsFan said:

I think another DE would be great.  I don't see Clark taking as many snaps as he did in the past. Of course everyone wants to find a replacement for Hill, but maybe a better balanced team would be better.  An improved D could negate the need to score 30 points a game and the whichever team has the ball last wins games.

I think another DE makes a lot of sense. We need to replace Clark next year and going into the draft with an obvious need rarely helps. This supposedly deep DE class could be our way out with the right pick. Let the second rookie rotate with Clark and take over in 2023.

With 3 picks today 1 DT + 1 DE + 1 WR/TE could be a nice haul and may be some of those 7ths could help move up in 4th. 

1 hour ago, Balto said:

Anyone else find it odd that his 40 was kinda slow overall and his 10 yard split was MEH…..but his 20 yard split was insanely good?

Makes me wonder if he just got off to a bad start and his speed kicked in?

Just seems weird to me

whats wierd is the bench numbers.. he's stronger than that.