Merry Draftmas! Draft Day Megathread

3 minutes ago, sith13 said:

I think another DE makes a lot of sense. We need to replace Clark next year and going into the draft with an obvious need rarely helps. This supposedly deep DE class could be our way out with the right pick. Let the second rookie rotate with Clark and take over in 2023.

With 3 picks today 1 DT + 1 DE + 1 WR/TE could be a nice haul and may be some of those 7ths could help move up in 4th. 

RT too if there is one as we pick for bpa. Though I think we canbgroom a later drafted one or see how Niang and others do too.

28 minutes ago, VIChiefsFan said:

I think another DE would be great.  I don't see Clark taking as many snaps as he did in the past. Of course everyone wants to find a replacement for Hill, but maybe a better balanced team would be better.  An improved D could negate the need to score 30 points a game and the whichever team has the ball last wins games.

Yeah, my heart can't take many more shootouts and last second wins/losses. A solid D can keep every game from turning into a track meet. And the offenses in the AFC are going to be insane this season. 

2 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

Will KC get comp picks next year for Ward, Pringle, Hitchens and Matheau? 

Hitchens no, you do not get anything from a released player. Ward we should because of his contract and play time.  I think if a certain date passes then no comp picks for a FA and HB is getting to that point.  Pringle.....I doubt it.  Now take all that with who we signed and it looks like we maybe get one late round pick or none at all.

44 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Hitchens no, you do not get anything from a released player. Ward we should because of his contract and play time.  I think if a certain date passes then no comp picks for a FA and HB is getting to that point.  Pringle.....I doubt it.  Now take all that with who we signed and it looks like we maybe get one late round pick or none at all.

Screenshot_20220429-124520_Chrome.jpg

24 minutes ago, robgar said:

this year yes.. if there was ever a year to have 4 7ths this is it. 

Hmm. Who are the potential candidates for these draft picks knowing Veach’s history? 
I’m thinking offensive lineman and cornerbacks. Maybe. 

19 hours ago, jetlord said:

EDGE, CB, WR.  I hoped for one of each if the value was there.  The WRs were gone.  Johnson fell for some unknown reason.  CB was the obvious choice.  Maybe they overpaid, but Veach himself said they had only 16-18 players graded first round.  I'm okay with the pick. 

My son said there was a lot of buzz about a high end player who supposedly that had had some gang related affiliations. That could have been Johnson. 

due to covid, i believe there will be a lot of guys left in these rounds that would of gone much higher, if there wherent so  many names this year.. a lot of scouts coverd 75 - 100 more players than they have in past years.. I believe your gonna find 4th and 5th round equivelant talent in the 7th  this year.